Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Black Hawk Down  (Read 5467 times)

aaronj5

Re:Black Hawk Down
« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2003, 04:53:31 »
Exactly. You really need a Campaign. I Suggest you use In you Mission/or Campaign :

1. The Humvees with weapons Addon by quakergamer
2. The BAS Deltas/Rangers
3. The BAS Littlebirds
4. The TJP DAP UH-60 (unless you can find a Better one)
5. Sgt Gunnery Highway's "island" Mogadishu
6. And of course, The Black Hawk Down Soundtrack

I was Working on a Black Hawk Down Mission, My Goal was to Re-create the Chaos of the Operation, but I don't have the Skills needed to Accomplish that.  IMHO, What you really need is a Team to work on it. Good luck with your Mission.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 04:56:56 by aaronj5 »

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2003, 08:26:31 »
HI,

i think all the necessary Maps and AddOns are there. I just would like to enjoy the great tension of BHD. If anyone setting up a team doing this i can provide scripting and if necessary  one or two maps.
But i do not have the time to make the whole campain.

Yours
Kuro

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2003, 09:47:23 »
5. Sgt Gunnery Highway's "island" Mogadishu
:toocool:
 :cheers:

SpecOpWarrior

« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2003, 22:06:44 »
I'm not going to read this entire thread,

but very recently, I saw this map at ofp.info, and it looks perfect for this type of mision...

But if this is going to be a mission, good luck, cuz your going to need a campaign to simulate everything from the movie..

aaronj5

« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2003, 18:37:34 »
Another Thing:
The Movie "Black Hawk Down" Was not about Operation Restore Hope. It was about The Harsh and terrible Reality of War. It's Goal was to show How Terrible war really Is. Any Campaign or mission on Black Hawk Down Should Reflect That. It should Show to the Fullest Extent Possible the Reality of The Operation.

erik_red

« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2003, 08:06:48 »
I think I have an alternative version of MH6 chopper in near-ready state. AH6 is coming soon (as soon as I can add weapon pods to MH6 and weapon stuff to config). I can post 98% ready MH6 PBO for testing\improvements after this weekend if somebody will be interested in that. Just let me know.

SpecOpWarrior

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2003, 23:53:17 »
I agree with the realistic thing...

If anybody is to actually make this campaign, you will need a few couple dozen good SFX to give the player the feel of war...

(believe me, sound FX does alot to anything video related)

aaronj5

« Reply #22 on: 01 Mar 2003, 01:49:22 »
I Agree. You should have Sound Effects, like Radio Chatter, Wounded Screaming, People Yelling, Etc, Etc. Your Mission/Campaign should create a Stressful Enviorment for the player.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 01:50:02 by aaronj5 »

Captain Winters

« Reply #23 on: 01 Mar 2003, 04:53:09 »
Yes. Of course. If any of yous take the path of independant game developing your realize that good lighting can make a level look good. Bad lighting can sadly ruing the essence of a good level! SFX are the most important (I think) part of making any OFP level. Any of you's who have tested any of my missions will realise that there's not a single moment during a cutscene or intro without background music or SFX.

Think about it. Your on the Desert Island and shots are everywhere, people are getting hit and your friends are droppin' like flies on crap. Do you think no one's gonna scream 'Oh Sh*t!' or 'DAMN IT!'? I think not! Reviewing some missions I realized that if the author would have paid just a little more attention to detail of the sound- the 3's or 4's would have beens 6's 7's. Sad, sad mistakes!

Sound adds TONS to missions and like I said can make or break it! In a thunder/rain storm and you dont hear the rain falling or the rumble of thunder!? BAH! ACK!   :o :o

Tanks!

RP

« Reply #24 on: 01 Mar 2003, 19:48:36 »
I agree guys, good SFX can really make a cenario come alive.

But please...like allready stated, no more "crappyalltalknodo" BHD missions. The campaign (as i see it), would be the way to go.

I'm shure if someone's willing to put a team together and go for a well made campaign on the subject, it's going to be a winer!

Mooseman

« Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2003, 12:39:07 »
Btw. there's now a bulding and chopper ropedown addon w/ custom animations. It's from the Battle of Hokkaido mod.

The readme is japanese but there is a demo mission that comes along with it. The animations are great. Also there are other new anims for the soldiers (marching like in a parade, standing/kneeling w/ the rifle in a diffenrent style).

I guess this will be a must for a decent bhd scenery.

Josef

« Reply #26 on: 17 Mar 2003, 14:42:49 »
How obout playing it on a LAN, using 8 hours, when you idle you make some pizza, and you fiw up stuff like support and stuff yourself...

Would be cool if someone made this, a LOOOOOOONG BHD mission, almost real time...

And the events are decided out of what the players do...