Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: good link for chechnya pictures  (Read 7773 times)

OCOM_LMLVLM

Re:good link for chechnya pictures
« Reply #30 on: 29 Aug 2002, 13:02:31 »
someone should make some modern russian soldiers........ ;)

NoRSu

« Reply #31 on: 29 Aug 2002, 15:30:55 »
Try UCE's Russian Federation addons ;).

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #32 on: 29 Aug 2002, 15:43:21 »
I have all UCE's addons ;D,but theyr just the old retextured models.... :-\  

Spetsgruppa Alfa

« Reply #33 on: 29 Aug 2002, 20:05:34 »
Yeah we need new models. Would it be possible to import the russian soldiers from Ghost Recon into ofp? They really did a good job on the russians.

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #34 on: 29 Aug 2002, 20:54:51 »
I know Ebud tried some time ago....

And it was almost impossible.

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #35 on: 30 Aug 2002, 08:12:26 »
I think someone from russian army mod , have imported teh GR soldiers into ofp   ???

PFC_Mike

« Reply #36 on: 30 Aug 2002, 20:36:08 »
Where might I find UCE's addons?

OFPEC is *still* down.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #37 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:13:48 »
Where might I find UCE's addons?

OFPEC is *still* down.

http://flashpoint.xaos.ru/jjsoini/

Norfolk

« Reply #38 on: 02 Sep 2002, 20:32:56 »
UCE quit making addons though, very sad loss.  :'(

Slik, to answer your question. What stopped us from "winning" was outside nations acting as soldiers (Russian pilots, Chinese soldiers) in NV uniforms, when you have millions of people against a force of 500,000 that is spread all across an entire country, it makes it rather difficult to ever end a war, also militarily we WERE winning, just without public support politcally we were losing and quite honestly you win votes elections when people like what your doing and people didn't like what the president was doing. Thus the 1973 cease fire agreement in which NVA, South Vietnamese army and the United States stopped the war. After the U.S. withdrawel, U.S. forces promised South Vietnam aid in the event of NVA forces beginning their assault once again, this promise was broken by U.S. forces and the NVA took this chance to attack the south once again, and with U.S. forces gone, the possibility of victory could finally happen for them. South Vietnam fell in 1975, 2 years after the U.S. withdrawel. So technically, we didn't lose, South Vietnam did and it was already said by a NVA Colonel during the Tet Offensive: "Until the Marines left, we couldn't take that city" and a quote from a Vietnamese lady "We won Vietnam... we won. Not militarily, but spiritualy. We are losing that now, but we will win it back again" in a interview with a British reporter. Now please don't flame Americans about Vietnam anymore or misguided bombs because first of all, there is no such things as a smart bomb. If it kills, what is so smart about it. Second, we could mention things your country has lost violently in (The British-Afghanistan War where an entire British army disappeared from a force using spears.)

Please note this isn't a flame, but ending his question and me simply asking him and if possible others to drop this anti-American thoughts, because if it's Bush your so angry about, we don't like him much either. A matter of fact, many of us didn't even vote for him and Gore won the popular vote.

So let's just stick to the electronic war which is OFP, because OFP is where you will find the smart bombs, because nobody actually dies.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2002, 20:42:02 by Norfolk »