Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Red Storm Rising Campain  (Read 8983 times)

ntstlkr

Re:Red Storm Rising Campain
« Reply #45 on: 05 Feb 2003, 22:27:52 »
....background notes....

ntstlkr

« Reply #46 on: 05 Feb 2003, 22:32:28 »
More to show up. Need emails and such to distribute files/etc.

Will catch you guys laters...

NSDQ!!!

Frosty

« Reply #47 on: 07 Feb 2003, 07:42:37 »
Question to Frosty: can you make a unit that can move (like a tank) without weapons that has 1 AI and uses no polys (is invisible)?
That would be perfect that way the engine doesn't have to worry about drawing them on sceen.
When the player starts to see the group, you simply start replacing the one "dummy" with the real tanks in formation...

Hmmm, hard, depends what you mean, and which units. I could delete the LODs for the abrams, and mask  a small little polygon at the bottom, so that it knows where the ground is, and keep the LODs and Geometreys, but what point would this have?

Fishion

« Reply #48 on: 07 Feb 2003, 12:57:50 »
1) I got another idea, this time for a possible music:
actually its a song from WWII, and it's called Lilli Marlene
probably the  most popular war song ever, it has it's own
mood, which I think is rather strange, something between cheerful
and lots or dark sinster mixed to it.

http://ingeb.org/garb/lmarleen.html

It also exists in 48 languages (according to the historical
text there)

2) to frosty:
Hmmm, hard, depends what you mean, and which units. I could delete the LODs for the abrams, and mask  a small little polygon at the bottom, so that it knows where the ground is, and keep the
                             LODs and Geometreys, but what point would this have?

That I have something that behaves like a tank, but simply isn't there (in other words the engine doesn't have to worry about painting in screen)
Every little piece of CPU power that we can get we can need.
having only a polygon driving around instead of a tank, leaves up
a small bit of power, imagine that with 63 groups (usually the amount of units on a map)...
anyhow, just depending on how hard it would be to make...actually forget it till we
any scripting system is finished...

-Fishion

Frosty

« Reply #49 on: 07 Feb 2003, 14:07:55 »
... so you can command many tanks over a wide front with minimal lag? I think I get it now.
And tanks for the info ntstlkr, they can help with ideas for addons (M60s, M1911a1s), but I wish we could get info on ORBATS and TOEs for the US and Soviets during that time.
And BTW, the soviets are progressing slowly, but nicely. It's a long road. Was the Soviet BDU at the time of RSR same as the flashpoint 1985 (original) campaign, cos if it wasnt ill have to procur another.

Want music? I can add them to the addon packs so they can be accessed just like original flashpoint (for example, the Seventh songs) instead of having to be put in individual mission pbos and description .ext

BTW I know this message is a bit disoreintated, it is an info dump but i went to the soviet uniform site in the notes and saw that the uniform isnt much different from the WWII ones.

So forces to be included:
US Army (do you want them with national guard uniforms?)
US Marines (army and marines in woodland?)
UK Royal Marines?
UK Royal Paratroopers?
UK Light Infantry?
French Army
German Army
Poland, Czechaslovakia, Finland? Any of those?
Soviet Union
Italy?

Fishion

« Reply #50 on: 07 Feb 2003, 17:47:49 »
... so you can command many tanks over a wide front with minimal lag? I think I get it now.

Well, technically it's not lag, and it's not intended for the
player to command all the tanks, but in a large battle,
it is neccessary to have those tanks (can't have large tank battle with 12 tanks right?)

The OFP engine supports 63 groups per side, 12 units each, which simply takes alot of CPU power...the idea was to remove some of them, (best if all, but that's not possible...) when you cannot see them.

-Fishion

Fishion

« Reply #51 on: 09 Feb 2003, 09:41:46 »
Maybe it's just me...did you get my emails?
Because I only know that I got the right addy from Abomb...haven't heard fro Frosty or Nightstalker

-Fishion

Fishion

« Reply #52 on: 09 Feb 2003, 12:05:33 »
Hi it's me (again),
I think I could lay my hands on some original in detail maps of the Fulda Gap. Only thing I don't know is if they
are from 2002 or 1985.
Could we need that stuff?

-Fishion

Commando

« Reply #53 on: 17 Feb 2003, 22:55:46 »
Do you guys got any cool screenshots of your work or any mission you can try? I love air missions and i hope you could make the battle of the iceland between the migs and the american carrier planes? And then there where some fights around the convoys too that would be cool if you people recreated! :D And I saw on flashpoint.ru site that the russian plane called "backfire" by nato is beeing made by some dude..(i think those where the planes that fired long distance missiles against the carriers and the other ships in the convoy..)

Well I would like to hear some more news from you guys because I think your campaign or mod sounds damn interesting even though you are probably going to focus on tan battles but i think there's room for other stuff to ;)

Commando

« Reply #54 on: 17 Feb 2003, 23:57:09 »
here's the adress and its the english version  ;)
scroll down on the news page and you should find it. its namned s-37
here's a pic http://www.flashpoint.ru/news/images/s37-01.jpg

Johan_D

« Reply #55 on: 06 Mar 2003, 13:41:24 »
Any updates guys?

Fishion

« Reply #56 on: 06 Mar 2003, 17:18:58 »
Good question.
I've updated the documentation a bit (mostly non mission stuff)...

-Fishion

max_killer_payne

« Reply #57 on: 13 Sep 2003, 11:54:14 »
Just wondering hows the mod going? And will you play from a Russian point of view or American?

Jakerod

« Reply #58 on: 14 Sep 2003, 03:50:50 »
Don't think they are doing it anymore dude. . Frosty's computer got screwed up pretty bad. and a few of the others disks got lost/broke. I think im not positive.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #59 on: 14 Sep 2003, 10:05:50 »
O rite. Thats a shame, sounded like a promising mod.