Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57459 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #75 on: 13 Feb 2003, 17:11:05 »
Ahh!! Finally I could go to sleep.  I was staying awake to just hear one reply from someone... The current status is that, I'm making more and more ground textures as I continue placing objects in the map.  Also, as I find new pictures of new buildings, I keep on making those as well.  Kabul will not be included after seeing the size of that freaking place.... no way in world is the wrp editor going to fit that city.   The size of the country (aye,,, island) is standard 12.8x12.8 km.   I finished applying textures to the island but I'm constantly updating it as I see more and more afghan pictures.  They have snow capped mountains, high, rocky mountains, rivers, none ending flat deserts,,,, big cities, small villages and houses away from the major cities and,,, oh boy, Afghanistan will not be as simple as I thought.  It is to diverce... I have to make this perfect or near perfect balance that will blend one terrain to other terrain eg. A high snow capped rocky mountain to a flat low altitude none ending desert terrain......... that is like a whole different terrain and I'm still playing around with the wrp editor trying to make it as "NATURAL" as it gets.  So the Topic, I would like to change it if it is possible.  The new topic name will be,  "Many improvements to my near future release afghanmap."  The whole zip will be more than 90 MB and I'm trying to make the file size small as possible but the numbers of textures that are used in my map just makes it harder and harder.  Sorry for those 56K users (just like me.)

I might have to burn this thing to a CD and send it to Robbo LOL.

pang

« Reply #76 on: 13 Feb 2003, 17:22:48 »
ayyy 90mb are big, but hey: those screens look like high quality work, so i dont mind the filesize at all  :)

yeah and i think you shouldnt include those very big towns, like kabul coz itÂ'd first not fit onto the map, 2nd make any pc slow down.
i think some suburb- size villages are just fine for ofp- maps.

so, with those bas deltas and rangers and their upcomming al quaida troops, weÂ'd have one nice scenario to fight at... although i like fictious scenarios and locations better  ;)

well, i hope you find some good (and easy ;)) solutions for the terrain blendings.
keep it up.

oh and hey: good night   ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #77 on: 13 Feb 2003, 17:59:48 »
Wow, this map could well be better than the official maps... even Nogova! I'm could see this map getting some serious stick from my clan if we manage to get the 56kers to download it all. Should be great, hunting Al-Qaeda troops in caves and flushing the buggers out of the towns with a few GPMG teams  ;D

DeLiltMon

« Reply #78 on: 13 Feb 2003, 18:26:57 »
90meg, just as well I should be getting broadband soon!
Some cool looking stuff there, man!
Be nice to go racing through the mountains on a motorbike chasing down Taliban  :D
Hope you get your machine sorted out.

Commando

« Reply #79 on: 13 Feb 2003, 18:55:54 »
great looking map! i'll look forward to this one. Now we can have some really cool desert fights with resistance quality desert textures! ;D
Keep up the good work and i'l hope you get your computer togheter with a better fan and so on  ;)

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #80 on: 13 Feb 2003, 23:13:49 »
what i would suggest is somehow blending the rubble with the ground somehow will you be including heavily wooden forests.

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #81 on: 13 Feb 2003, 23:32:29 »
I was listening to an infantryman that was just over there. He told me that the people he saw were all stoned. He showed some pics of the terrain and all it was was flat with a couple hills and mountains in the background.  All of the plants were just big bushes. Also he told me that most of the buildings didn't have any roof.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #82 on: 14 Feb 2003, 02:22:29 »
specforcesniper, that is a interesting information you gave.  I've seen hundreds of UN pictures of Afghanistan and true,  many buildings I've seen were  so dammaged that they didn't have any roofs.  So, I'm going to make that as well.  I'll start working on many roof less buildings when I get back from my calculus tutorer.

I'll be posting more pics lately.  Cya.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #83 on: 14 Feb 2003, 03:21:48 »
I cant wait.

If it wasnt for your map, BAS, Inv44 and the UK forces team, I wouldnt be interested in OFP anymore.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #84 on: 14 Feb 2003, 04:01:36 »
He told me that the people he saw were all stoned.

The Reason The folks in Afghanistan all look stoned is because they are, they chew chat, they use a lot of opium and herion, if you what to know a good way to fund al qieda buy Herion, or Opium, (yet another reason to say NO to drugs kids  ;D) Cocain money also probly gets to ol' Bin Ladin too.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #85 on: 14 Feb 2003, 23:51:09 »
If he's still alive... isn't khat the stuff that the Somali militamen get hopped up on?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #86 on: 15 Feb 2003, 04:12:11 »
Yup, it's widely used throughout the Middle east and north africa

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #87 on: 15 Feb 2003, 04:34:42 »
Hey guyz sorry for not posting a picture for 2 days.  Here's some of the pictures I forgot to show you guyz.  My catafghanbuildingo25 and A medium size village Al Nawar.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #88 on: 15 Feb 2003, 04:38:51 »
second pic.  CATABo2512.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #89 on: 15 Feb 2003, 04:45:04 »
3rd pic.  Al Naware.  Near the Naware Lake.