Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57456 times)

PunkerSXDX

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #45 on: 08 Dec 2002, 00:26:30 »
Try Looking at the National Geographic Web site, they undobutedly have thousands of pictures of afganistan

Commando

« Reply #46 on: 08 Dec 2002, 00:30:16 »
Well try searching something with usama and so and you could probably find some background pics of houses and mountains and all or maybe some news site.

About the american teenagers, lol. Im happy to be a swede..
Well hope they will get better in geography later in life or at least their children will.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #47 on: 13 Dec 2002, 08:48:57 »
Hey guyz. It's me CAT.

Aww bad bad news..... A super typhoon PONGSONA or PONGSONGWA or PONGSONGNA hit Guam and destroyed a lot of Guams infrastructures....... It ripped our island up, many many telephone poles down, almost 3/10 of Guams power lines and cables on the ground, road,,, many houses blewn away, broken glasses, tourists and local residense injured, gas station blowing up, gas pumps blown away, people waiting in lines and lines to just get a gasoline for their car and generators, people fighting in the streets, people, stealing generators, and gasolines,,,,, most of the gas stations putting up signs just saying "SORRY NO GAS".... alright,,, also no power for the next month or month and half.  I'm just fortunate that our house had water.  Many house doesn't so.  I'm writing this letter from my dad's office (where the huge generator was destroyed and blew up because of the typhoon (they have a new smaller one now,,,, just temporarily.))

So,,,,,, sorry,, my project will be delayed.... for pretty long..... I'm also going to Japan where my uncle is, just to get out of this place.  My hands, back, muscles, and bones are in pain because of the stressful hard labor trying to stop the water from coming in.  My house's typhoon shutter was blown away.  Also the window was destroyed so we had to go down stairs to just take cover..... aww,,, lucky I took the computer down stairs to my room with all the trash bags covering it.  So hopely no data was destroyed.

I'm taking my portable CD burner and some texture CD (which has most of the textures for my marines and afghan buildings) and DL the oxygen and buldozer and work on my project at Japan.

So, again sorry.  I'll write back when I get to Japan.  It's snowing over there very hard so I'll be able to do some fully automatic air softgun battle.  I might make a Igloo!

Cya guyz.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #48 on: 13 Dec 2002, 09:55:20 »
oh guyz and another thing.  There were 2 super typhoons this year.  Chata-ang and this PONGSONA.  It was devastating.  It's ok for it to come like once every 5 or 6 years because it cleans our island but definitely not twice a year.. I'm going to Japan tommorrow. cya guyz.  These typhoons no joke "FUCKING" sucks... really.....

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #49 on: 13 Dec 2002, 12:12:05 »
dam that must really suck like really really suck
stupid super typhoon

Stu35

« Reply #50 on: 13 Dec 2002, 17:51:33 »
not bad mate, i think they need a bit of refining but not bad at all (this is my personal opinion - but i dont much like the crater, however i like the concept you are going with there),

i do like the grass idea, hope it works out,

and sorry mate about the Hurricane  :-\.

oh and ...

this guy is the number 1 target of 1/2 the world.

no... just America, which is actually closer to 1/600 of the world

Commando

« Reply #51 on: 13 Dec 2002, 21:27:26 »
omg!  :P cheeze.. hurricane. Never been close to one exept for on tv.. Lucky you survied.. ;)
Hope things get better. :)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #52 on: 13 Dec 2002, 21:44:51 »
CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM: I'm sorry to hear about the storms, mate. As someone who has lived on Guam and experienced several such typhoons, you know I can relate to what you are going through. It's incredibly ironic as you and I had just talked about Guam and typhoons just a few days ago!
Anyway... Good Luck, mate and have fun in Old Nippon.

Stu35: That's 1/600th you don't want hunting for you, mate.
'Tis enough, 'Twill serve. And UBL was probably blown to Hell at Tora Bora, and is probably nothing but catfood, now. We're just taking numbers and kicking ass... Now serving number 52, 657: Step right up, and get your ass-end vaporized!

Bomberman

« Reply #53 on: 14 Dec 2002, 00:27:45 »
kickin' ass in the morning, taking names in the evening. :gunman:  +  :noo:  +  :beat:  =  OWNED

yeah, those storms are killer. myself living in new orleans louisiana, whick is like 50 feet below sea level, floods VERY easily in hurricanes. i had to basically swim home from school one time in 1995. hurricane george.  :'(
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2002, 00:32:23 by Bomberman »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #54 on: 14 Dec 2002, 01:58:42 »
Wow That Sucks Man  :(, well do what ya gotta Do, we'll still be here, Good Luck Man ;)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #55 on: 09 Jan 2003, 08:55:38 »
Hey guyz it's me CAT.  I came back 3:00 AM in the 5th so I was gonna start on my Afghanistan but because of the typhoon,,, the humid ate through my HDD..... my 6 years old IBM Hard Drive is starting to Fail.... So I'm gonna buy a new Western Digital HD with a larger cache and a faster BUS speed because this HD ain't really making my processor and videocard perform like it suppose to and it's failing.

I'm gonna post another new building that I made.  I also made a new crater since I had a little constructive criticism in the last one.  I found a good site which has various pictures of the afghan terrain but still no pictures of "BUILDINGS"  I'm just making few buildings out of few pictures I see in newspapers.  So if anyone know where I could find pictures of "BUILDINGS" please notify me through PM or this message.

I'm already finish texturing my island with the wrp editor.  I just have to make buildings (2 buildings a day usually.)

Commando

« Reply #56 on: 09 Jan 2003, 23:57:16 »
Nice to know its starting to get close to completion :)

Hellfish6.2

« Reply #57 on: 10 Jan 2003, 06:13:34 »
www.afghan-network.net/ Photography/kabul/

Also, do a Google image search on 'Kabul' or any other Afghani town you can think of.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #58 on: 11 Jan 2003, 05:05:42 »
Try Kandahar or Qandahar, that was the First Battle in the War on Terror.  Rangers Lead The War... Hoo-Ah!  ;)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #59 on: 11 Jan 2003, 15:13:59 »
hmm, hey guyz.  Awhm, I'm having a little difficult time installing my new hard drive.  The western digital 80GB HD was sold out so I just bought a maxtor 40MGB HD.  I was able to physically install the HD but now is the BIOS........ I heard I shouldn't mess up there or else............  I also have 2 extra fans on my computer so I'm wondering how I should do this... anyone know how to? Oh ya, by the way, I'm typing this message from a different computer.