Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57460 times)

PFC_Mike

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #15 on: 05 Dec 2002, 02:43:48 »
about the crater, it would look far more realistic to make a depression in WRPedit and apply the appropriate fround texture. If you'd like I can mail you about 100 - 150 pics of the war in Afghanistan from 1978 to 1990. The terrain looks about the same but your buildings looks just a bit too "gamey" (lol)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #16 on: 05 Dec 2002, 08:23:46 »
hey guyz update.  I made more buildings. yeah,, it'll be cool if we could make a small depression in the wrp editor but we can't,, and also those craters were made my the cluster bombs and all those other small air to ground explosives.

hmm,,, yeah, I guess the textures are roung.  I'll change it don't worry.  I'm just wondering which textures I should use since I can't find a picture which has an Afghan building texture.  Oh, TKkivi.  I took your words and made the crop field shorter (in height) and smoother (in the depression.)

only 6, or at the most 10 of my buildings are gonna be enterable since I'm planning on making a bit big village, or city and if they are enterable, it means more polygon and I don't want the game to lag extremely.  But my map is still gonna be pretty laggy for those under 600Mhz, 256MB RAM, 10~20 GB HD CPU users since I'm using more than 300 512x512 textures and making huge cities.

The picture which I showed you is only one part of afghan where I didn't start my work really so that's why you see an wide spread flat terrain turning into a steep hill and really no trees and bushes.  I'm just made the place flat so I'll know where to work on next ;)

Oh well, new pic of new building.  As I said, I'm going to change the textures.

pic1.

Oh ya, Mike,, awwm,, actually my I'm still using the dain, ancient stone age 56K and 100 to 150 pictures going to take me no joke 7 hours so,,,, could you send me first, only the pictures which contains buildings? Since I'm really desperate for those.  Thanks.  My e-mail is cltpc@guamcell.net  guamcell is a really crappy provider... they really have a crappy customer service... they always cut me off, slow upload speed (1KB or 0.6KB a second.)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #17 on: 05 Dec 2002, 08:31:48 »
just so we know how big is this awesome map gona be?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #18 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:00:37 »
hey guyz update.  I made more buildings. yeah,, it'll be cool if we could make a small depression in the wrp editor but we can't,, and also those craters were made my the cluster bombs and all those other small air to ground explosives.

hmm,,, yeah, I guess the textures are roung.  I'll change it don't worry.  I'm just wondering which textures I should use since I can't find a picture which has an Afghan building texture.  Oh, TKkivi.  I took your words and made the crop field shorter (in height) and smoother (in the depression.)

only 6, or at the most 10 of my buildings are gonna be enterable since I'm planning on making a bit big village, or city and if they are enterable, it means more polygon and I don't want the game to lag extremely.  But my map is still gonna be pretty laggy for those under 600Mhz, 256MB RAM, 10~20 GB HD CPU users since I'm using more than 300 512x512 textures and making huge cities.

The picture which I showed you is only one part of afghan where I didn't start my work really so that's why you see an wide spread flat terrain turning into a steep hill and really no trees and bushes.  I'm just made the place flat so I'll know where to work on next ;)

Oh well, new pic of new building.  As I said, I'm going to change the textures.

pic1.

Oh ya, Mike,, awwm,, actually my I'm still using the dain, ancient stone age 56K and 100 to 150 pictures going to take me no joke 7 hours so,,,, could you send me first, only the pictures which contains buildings? Since I'm really desperate for those.  Thanks.  My e-mail is cltpc@guamcell.net  guamcell is a really crappy provider... they really have a crappy customer service... they always cut me off, slow upload speed (1KB or 0.6KB a second.)

Oh and another thing, sure you could use my map.  I'll be glad to see my work in the hands of a mod team ;)  My friend said that I should take money from these people but he's an idiot so.......

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #19 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:10:19 »
pic2 of the new building. Some dirt raise for the snipers to hide and snipe.  Planning on adding some debries sticking out.

Awmmmm the map is going to be,,, sorry to say but almost 40MB with the new textures and new models.  Sorry, I tried to reduce the size but to do that, I have to change the texture resolution to 128x128,,, which I could do without any problem but,,, I don't know, maybe I could, if I do that, the size will be around let me see,, around 20MB or 17MB?  

Because the ground texture is the one that is taking the size.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #20 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:17:19 »
pic3

Oh ya, I'm not in a mod team since I had bad experience being in one.  I mean the guyz in the mod team wasn't treating me badly or anything but I just couldn't get cought up in the work since I wanted to do some of my own work and academics.. and by me being in the mod team I thought I will just bring down the teams work qualities and mess up their,,, you know,, that word.

That's why I'm also affraid to look at my e-mail box since I just couldn't mail him back saying that I couldn't work anymore in his team do to my tough schedules,,, and I don't think he still knows, I hope he'll read this thread and forgive me.  Sorry f***r*

So I'm not in a mod team and ain't thinking on joining one.  But I'll still love to provide, donate stuffs  ;D and surely like to see my stuffs in other peoples mod team :D

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #21 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:20:13 »
pic4

This picture is an update to my first building model I've showed you guyz.  I added a tin plate on the roofs to add reality,, I think those people, being poor, still will look for something to provide a shade to them selves.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #22 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:22:22 »
pic5

Here are some plates leaning on the house so the snipers or anyone could crawl under it to take some good aim on the convoys that are passing in front of it

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #23 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:26:47 »
pic6

Picture of my new building.  Interior, you could have close quarter battle and still take covers from the destroyed walls,,, there are many windows too so you could aim from there.  I'm also going to add ladders to connect to the roofs.  That's why I left a small whole in the roof.  Those clever afghans,,, this is how they killed those russians,, guerrilas..

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #24 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:30:29 »
pic7 the last for now.  I've changed the texture of the building.  I hope you guyz like it.  I'm currently working on 3 new stores of kabul.  None are enterable, just static objects.  Just to add some reality and to fill some space up.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #25 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:32:06 »
aww thats pretty dam big take awhile on my 56k
i might have cable when you realease it but iff i dont ill download it anyway ;D
even tho it will take a year

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #26 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:33:11 »
I'm using this picture as a reference.  If someone could post a better picture.  Now that will be a great help.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #27 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:41:09 »
LOL, yeah, I know that is big.  But if you've DL'd select this' vietnam pack 2, you'll be able to.  Good tip, go to www.google.com and search for download accelerator.  DL that software then you'll be able to resume the DL.  It'll only take a night or 2 (7 hours) to DL everything.

Commando

« Reply #28 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:46:19 »
Nice pics on your new houses and stuf.
well its nice that you think about those who haven't the state of the art cpu. Well I still look forward in testing the map if you post a beta version sometime or try it when its complete.
Sorry about you have 56 k. I have adsl and i get cutoff to sometimes and i haven't put the cable in the correct phone line thingy so everytime i play something online and the phone rings the game freezes up! Its annoying. Well keep up the very good work. I hope we could se some Usama caves because that would really rock. :)
In one of the old rambo movies i think he was i afghanistan
to save his colonel and you could see caves in the movie to.
And even though people say you can't make any caves in wrp edit you can make something like a "building that is textured and skaped like a big mountain or rock and it would have rooms and tunnels and that would be just aweseome if you could make. So far you have made some cool textures on your buildings and I think that you would probably be able to make good caves.  ;)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #29 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:52:25 »
yea ive got download accelerator and it really shouldnt take me that long i did download americas army (201mb for 1st version) in 12 hours

or maybe for caves just have big holes in hills and have them textured to look like big long tunnels