Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57458 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #30 on: 05 Dec 2002, 14:18:15 »
hmm, someone said how about a cave?? So,, that kind of pulled my attention... so I made a quick, rough draft of the cave.  It's a rough draft.  I made it in 20 minutes so the quality is so crappy but how do you guyz think? I made the entrace and the outside.

pic1

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #31 on: 05 Dec 2002, 14:21:51 »
pic2

MadAussie

« Reply #32 on: 05 Dec 2002, 14:45:46 »
Gday Mate...
Glad to see this island will be released...
It looks great..with the buildings you cant enter.. it would be good to add ladders so you can still use the roof.. also an embassy building would be great.

Also if you are adding new models..consider afghan civilians..women aslo (with possibility of children..if possible)
Also..dead animals..for effect..half carcasses etc...
The cave looks great..ive seen a few but this looks promising..it depends on how the AI will react with it though..good luck with the entire pack..i have your duststorms addon..i look forward to this addition to catshit gallery;)

BTW..i have a binladen face texture..with the resistance man1 and setface..i have a handy osama :)

MadAussie out....

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #33 on: 06 Dec 2002, 06:00:50 »
Looks great, and with the New BAS Delta Pack, and DAPs and MH47s, Look out, Bin Bastard! I'm commin to get ya!

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #34 on: 06 Dec 2002, 11:01:34 »
hey thats unfair i wanna get him
yea thats great man are the tora boras on your map at all?

Commando

« Reply #35 on: 06 Dec 2002, 16:27:36 »
oh dude thats one big mountain to make a cave in.  :D
Hope you will make it a big one hehe..
keep up the good work, now im really looking forward to play this one. :)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #36 on: 06 Dec 2002, 17:43:10 »
hey guyz.  I'll be frequently posting pictures of new models so you guyz might get annoid by it.  

Today I went to see the Russian pianist Katya Grineva who played at the Carnegie Hall, it was fantistic.

Pic1 of my afghan dense grass addon with no lag and also a combination with my afghan buildings.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #37 on: 06 Dec 2002, 17:47:42 »
pic2 this is it for today.  I'm still making a store complex for kabul.  

The map was initially torabora but I wanted to make a big city and there are no big cities near torabora so,,, it's like a mix.  Torabora and Kabul merged together :-)

Marsuitor

« Reply #38 on: 06 Dec 2002, 19:11:47 »
Oh, how i cannot wait for this! ;D
Excellent work!

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #39 on: 06 Dec 2002, 21:00:26 »
simply amazing as said before, with all the BAS stuff its gonna be great.

Pvt_Jackson

« Reply #40 on: 06 Dec 2002, 22:57:30 »
Love the grass.  Haven't seen much grass since Delta Force 2.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #41 on: 06 Dec 2002, 23:37:09 »
delta force 2 man that games funny
dude ur like the best map maker ever

Raiden

« Reply #42 on: 07 Dec 2002, 04:26:23 »
hey cat those are great, i personnally like the grass, ofp islands are to flat and i know that they have bushes and stuff but they dont have nice textures for grass, but those there are just great. ;)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #43 on: 07 Dec 2002, 11:46:15 »
Hey Cat!

I'm REALLY glod to see that you will release this fine work of art. :) IÂ''ve been waiting for this for so long. This will be excelent with yer marines and if ya make one pack of them all, then they will be even better. I will download this even if it was 200mb big. :) Keep up the good work and release it soon and preferably without bugs. ;D :P Cheers mate!

Hawk

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #44 on: 07 Dec 2002, 16:59:03 »
Hey there guyz,  thanks for all the kind words I really appreciate it.  I've played the delta force 2 for the first time 3 month ago at my uncles house and I realized what was missing in the game.... some where to duck down and hide.... so I made the grass.  I've made 6 variations and was testing out each of it.  Different texture, with different density of the grass, and also with the different size of the grasses and I got to those grass'.  The grass uses LODs and I still have a problem with it. When looking from above, the upper texture of the grass complex just appears as a huge shadow.  So I'm working on that.

I've made a wale and a small non-enterable house for my afghan map.  This building will have a ladder connecting to the roof.

If someone could attach pictures to their post for afghanistan (I need pictures primarily of those crop fields and small houses and villages that are located far from the capitals and huge cities) it'll be very nice since I'm kind of running out on the variations of buildings.

Thanks

Oh ya,, for those who watched "THE RING"............ no,,, Samara will not come out of it...........
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2002, 17:03:13 by CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM »