Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] Up to No Good  (Read 7838 times)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: [SP] Up to No Good
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jul 2015, 14:59:28 »
First post updated with version 1.2

Fingers crossed no debug crap or horrible bugs appear :P
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2015, 22:08:39 »
Right in time for the weekend.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2015, 18:40:17 »
Crap, there is a small bug in the 'secondary primary weapon' stuff making the AR accessories most likely not link with the weapon the first time you drag it from the backpack into you hands..

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2015, 03:21:35 »
Well, I didn't have a chance to play test this weekend, so if you would like to provide the correct file, I download again.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2015, 09:30:46 »
First post updated with a new version.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jul 2015, 15:07:03 »
Oh for fuck's sake :D
If you downloaded prior to this post -> re-download..

Only a minor boo, but decided to fix still (nothing was broken or anything)..

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #21 on: 03 Aug 2015, 09:07:54 »
New version, first post updated..

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #22 on: 06 Aug 2015, 08:25:57 »
Yet another update, hopefully this time no scripting errors popping up ruin the day..

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2015, 17:13:20 »
Yet another update :facepalm:

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jan 2017, 22:12:43 »
h-, really cool mission! I'm really having fun with it, buuuutttt........... Unfortunately Arma freezes after I kill the target and command tells me to exfil. I tried it twice, it freezes at the same time, right after this sentence. :dunno:

Too sad I can't finish it, would have loved to get the hell out of there. :) I chose OP1 (the castle).

Here's the feedback I can give you so far:

• The ReadMe could use a short installation guide. In times of simple Steam Workshop automatic installations even I myself first asked myself what to do with the pbo. Then… "Ah - good ol' missions folder!" :D
  • In the scenario overview in the scenario menu it shows an outdated mission version
  • There was this error at loading the mission (after the intro). It appeared every time I loaded it from the menu. click
  • Just an idea for the intro or / and the briefing: Until seeing the pic of the target I didn't know what faction the enemy was. :D You could mention it shortly in the intro or briefing.
  • This script error appeared after some seconds ingame - and again a second time, after some more seconds. After that it didn't appear again. click
  • The player is absolutely overloaded at mission start. I could only walk. Even dropping some mags etc. had no effect on the weight bar, so I dropped the assault rifle. That said, it was good that the NV-scope did have a secondary view on it, so I could use it on the marksman rifle to check my close surroundings.
  • Yeah, and then the freeze (brutal one, could hardly shut down the game) after the command's command to exfil.

No idea what could cause this - I heard of some players in the BIF having trouble with crashes recently, thinking that they're related to the 64bit changes in the game. But I don't know if BIS implemented parts of the 64bit version in the newest stable patch already (stable version is what I play with).

Or is there a huge amount of code to be processed at that part of the mission? Nevertheless I never experienced such a freeze coming from too much code at once... So I have no idea.

Anyway, cool mission, enjoyed it a lot so far! Hope I can continue it soon. :)

EDIT:

Haha :D Now, after posting I noticed that your last post was from two thousand and FIFTEEN. :D
Well, I hope you're still full steam active developing this mission! ;)
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2017, 22:25:38 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jan 2017, 19:51:02 »
Oh nice, some life in these desolate plains  :)

I noticed that your last post was from two thousand and FIFTEEN.
It has been that long already?!
It seems the older you get the faster time flies...  :scratch:

Time is the reason why the mission freezes, many things have changed in the core game, for example the fatigue stuff I had scripted to counter the game's own fatigue back then is now basically what the fatigue was updated into by BIS (or downgraded, depends on who you talk to :P) and the reason you get the winded out 108-year-old super sniper, there's a ton of scripted stuff that the game now does on it's own, custom made functions that the game now has as scripting commands, etc..

I have been bogged down at working for a mod for the 3DEN editor for like a year or something so my work on the mission front has been on complete hiatus but just like 3 days ago I did import this one onto 3DEN just to see how broken the mission is to evaluate how massive work I have in waiting to bing this up to date (oh, there was a pun of sort), and it is broken.. I had another one in the same "universe" as this mission almost ready to go when the 3DEN update hit so it has also been on the backburner for almost a year now..

I'm never satisfied with anything I do so yes, I will be updating this mission at some point :P

EDITH:
Just an idea for the intro or / and the briefing: Until seeing the pic of the target I didn't know what faction the enemy was. :D You could mention it shortly in the intro or briefing.
Quite. Never even though of this because this mission is based on a campaign idea I had lain out back in A2 or even A1 times so for me it has always been clear..

The crash sounds bad, could be a bitch to debug.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2017, 19:57:35 by h- »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #26 on: 01 Feb 2017, 10:31:18 »
Well, been fiddling with this one a bit and I have not been able to repro the crash yet :(
Although I'm not sure if I actually tried the castle approach yet :P

How did you take out the target?

Have found several bugs and squashed them, tried to squeeze all possible performance out of the mission (every trigger condition possible is now optimized, some functions optimized further, etc..), removed the secondary weapon and such from the backpack because BIS has at some point changed the weapon weights quite a bit so you can no longer carry two rifles, seen some weird errors pop up that I can't really understand why they appear (like waypoint activation fields from wps added via scripting partly failing, randomly  ??? ), still being annoyed by BIS laser guided bombs not landing on the lazed target :facepalm: , been really disgusted by the horrid robot-speech again :( , bored out of my mind playing this mission for the eightyfifthmillionth time...

So shouldn't be too long to get a up to date version up, maybe.

EDIT:
Still can't any crash to happen, at least not on the 64bit dev. Not even a stutter or anything  :hmmm:

Also, seems I have to remove the robot speech because they're now illegal (IIRC they weren't back when I made them).. Silent movie time..
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2017, 10:37:43 by h- »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 05 Feb 2017, 05:20:06 »
I'll record the stuff for you once I get myself a new gaming headset

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #28 on: 05 Feb 2017, 08:35:16 »
Thanks, that'd be excellent.
There's some profanity and maybe more to come (way way harsher than current), so you've been warned  :shhh:

My perfectionism is already horrified by the sound quality when hearing the word headset "headset" :D but that's of course better than nothing. I guess I could record some small portion myself but problem is that the characters talk too much for me to get away with it.
Ah the times doing missions with FDF mod when one could speak Finnish in them..

IMO BIS should try to develop a robot speech machine within the game or in their toolset because they seems to have knack for procedurally generated stuff (like the program of theirs that draws random vegetation and trees based on given criteria, I think Linda it was called), just so it would be easier to have voice acting in user made missions. Of course the voices should be 'syntehized' from the in-game radio protocol voice actors so albeit being robot voices they would sound like the voice the character uses in the radio which has always ground my gears a bit when the talking voice is nowhere near the radio voice (bu that's just me I guess :P ).

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 06 Feb 2017, 04:58:48 »
I'd rather not do profanity so its probably better if you did it. It really depends upon how profane it is to me; different folks have different opinions.

I've always used a headset for my recordings and have had no problems with background noise. But I have really been wanting to purchase one of the snowball mics.