Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Female Addons, Again!  (Read 10546 times)

Raven

Female Addons, Again!
« on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:52:45 »
Hi Guys

Sorry for all the problems caused by this the first time round, I'll try again. Main reason for asking again is my wife wants a female resistance soldier/chara ???cter. I Started this topic in the General editing forum about using the female faces in Resistance for soldiers, etc. Hit a wall as no one seem to know why they won't work in the editior or through the player slection. Has anyone thought of doing female soldier addons, ie pilots, troopers etc. ???

Jimmy_james

Re:Female Addons, Again!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:56:38 »
there are resistance women soilders but in plain clothes millitia or summit like that

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2002, 20:11:51 »
If OFP:R females are coded the same way as in the original OFP, then setface won't work because the model uses a different set of face textures than the standard soldier units.

You can edit those textures to make an addon with a different female face.

SelectThis

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:08:31 »
Isn't this just a case of modelling a female soldier and using the female anims from Res on it? Not a problem as far as I can see, but that's because I don't model and I don't understand all this addons malarkey, even though I've been lurking around various forums since I got the game on its release  ;D

If someone makes female military personnel, then to tie up the loose ends we'd need them to hold a gun properly[/] in 1st person (give a girl a weapon in Res and look at the hands.... see what I mean, all to hell) and get someone to record some female voices. I'm sick of hearing the high-pitched men's voices when I'm messing about with random stuff with the editor.

And I know my next comment will be ludicrously off-topic, and I apologise for any offense I cause, but I feel I need to say it.

This is probably the friendliest forum I use, and most people are happy to help others. It's just a shame that the occasional badly-judged comment or "joke" can spoil it every now and then.

And if I offended anyone or gained the attention of the dreaded moderators, I'll consider myself warned and slap my wrists. But if I didn't, i won't and wonn't. If that makes sense.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:16:43 »
so nobody can take a joke in this forum hmmmmmmmmmmm
interesting

mikeb

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:23:38 »
Easy "jimmy", just let people get what they wanted when they started this thread.

Mr_Shady gave a nice apology and at the same time managed to get his view across politely (although it may not be the view of others in the forum).  Worst thing to do now would be to start kicking off again.

I don't mean to ruin a party but this IS a all-person forum and you should stick to its rules

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:27:36 »
same goes - u reacted after my post - so sorry on that...

anyway - so stt - bis didnt let us setface the female faces? wtf is that all about.... hmmm.... dunno why bis have to make our lives so hard :hmm:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mr_Shady

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:31:30 »
Okay, let's all be grown up about this and try to achieve something.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:06:37 »
well if you put a womans face on a guys body it'll look weird like a lady boy!

Jimmy_james

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:09:31 »
in the words of arosmith "DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY"

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:35:38 »
Welcome to the Ban List.

*Sighs*

Some people just can't be helped.

Feel free to continue on with the Topic gentlemen.
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:39:45 »
cheers wolfsbane

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2002, 02:24:23 »
Well Since the US Army wont Let Women be Infantry (I Think thats kind of Dumb) I can Under Stand that Game won't allow it, But Pilots there are lots of Female Pilots in all Services, and Sailors too, But OFP Doesn't have Sailors (Hint! Hint!  ;) ) but there are lots of Probs with theFaces in Falshpiont for example, Guys with Beards and Goates NO! thats wrong they cant have that, so I'd recomend, well I don't know what I'm talking about, but I know if you the Player was a Male face and put your self as a woman (Don't Ask!) you'll show up as a woman. Also whats with the Voices? they sound like Men (some times) is there a way to make a new voice? or would you need BIS to do that?
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 02:30:25 by PunkerSXDX »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2002, 02:34:16 »
they sound like men when they die - and unless u make a new addon of them then u will have to wait for BIS to fix it.

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2002, 07:58:41 »
sorry if i get a little of the topic fellas, but... Punker,
there are alot of reasons the army doesn't allow them in, one of the major reasons simply, in case of capture, what our enemys might do to them.  They know we treasure our women and consider them equals, they would make sure to make them suffer horribly. i could go on for ever, but like i said i don't want to get off topic.  We do teach them to fight though...
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...