Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Female Addons, Again!  (Read 10547 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Female Addons, Again!
« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:42:35 »
we dont send them into front line situation - in the balkans, female soldiers lead peace keeping and medical aid missions - think about it - some woman has been raped by retreating soldiers - then british soldiers come along - the last thing this woman is gonna trust is another soldier - now put a woman in and you gain her trust that much more...

but Vera got it spot on - in capture there alot of things an enemy may do to a female soldier that they cant do to a male... its a case of morals and ethics i guess.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mr_Shady

« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:26:47 »
That's exactly why women aren't allowed to fight... oh God, they can fight, trust me! A friend of mine plays for the local all-girls rugby team, and I went watching out of interest. Christ, the carnage...

Don't the Israelis have female front-line infantry regiments or was my old history teacher talking cr@p again?

Anyway, the voices are just high-pitched men's voices- go into the player edit menu and crank some of the voices up to max pitch. And in Res you can use a female face as your default face, even though it only works on the female models (when you use a male model you get the standard bearded guy).

The things you learn when you aimlessly click on stuff.

Oh, and just a thought on the morals and ethics stuff...

If we are all equal in the eyes of the law etc. etc. why are men and women different, eh? And if equality exists, why is a man getting killed in battle no different from a woman being killed?

Not my POV, as I feel that women shouldn't serve in the military, as every member of an armed force should be battle ready, from the plumpest pastry cook to the desk officers back home. As I feel that there is something morally wrong about sending the mothers of our children off to their deaths, it is my belief that women shouldn't ever be put in that situation.

Now my g/f's going to kick me to death for being a chauvinistic pig if she reads this....

Again, I mean no offence by any of my comments, and feel that everyone is entitled to their own views, even if they are:

-Sexist
-Racist
-Whatever -ist
-Stupid
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 15:34:05 by Mr_Shady »

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:11:51 »
Israeli forces have female frontline soldiers and snipers. They fight equally (and in some cases better) than men. In fact, statistically i read somewhere that men hesitate more often in battle than a female does.

But.. as pointed out before. The things an enemy can do to a female soldier is not pretty. And we react "better" to a male being mistreated, than a female. So the battle morale and "coolness" under fire can take a fiery turn. Either they just freak out and go into a state of passive shock, or they just charge in blind rage trying to kill everything they see.

So in short, females can fight. But it might not be the best idea to send them in first.

On a side note, tests made with female interrigators showed that they were more prone to violance towards their subject when stressed than their male counterparts.  :)

I think the myth of "the weaker sex" is long ago dispelled.

Have fun,
HuBBa

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:58:43 »
lol - Hubba - send my gf to the front line - she'd sort it all out no probs - weaker sex - lol - no way near

::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

A_Happy_Sheep

« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2002, 20:00:38 »
*tries really hard not to kick off and mow everybody down with her RPK*

Okay, on ethics this is how I see it....

In places like Stalingrad, females fought equally alongside men and in a city where the life-expectancy of a soldier was 24 hours they did comendable. Women have been given five fingers by god on two hands, and that's all you need to use a gun and blow somebody's head off.

On another note, God made the woman more slender, small, and less physically strong. Considering some of the feats of stamina and strength a respectable soldier is expected to achieve in modern day warfare I find it highly laughable when fellow females say they can do the job "better" than a well built male.

BTW, women often feel robbed and insulted when men say they cannot fight; women can fight, but men are more designed for it. Anybody, both male and female, who says they WANT to be put on the front line is actually too f--king crazy to be entrusted with a gun after considering the horrors of war. That's how I see it.

The only exception to this is the lesbian, who without doubt is born for the battlefield.

NOW BACK ON TRACK

Is anybody making any female fighters? I think it would be cool if somebody made:

Female resistance members (Seems reasonable enough)
Female police officers (Would happen)
Female Pilots (Police - East - West - Whatever)
Females scantly clad (seriously - used as a diversion in infiltration missions - I stole the idea from Commandos II)

Raven

« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2002, 20:03:02 »
Hi Guys

As I started this topic of thought I'd better put my 5 peneth in. I agree with all that has been said above about putting women into front line units, but as was mentioned by punker there are female pilots etc in all services, and after all we are only talking about a game (we are aren't we?). There are female players out there, we have two in our LAN group, give my wife a black ops with a scoped MP5 and she will kick @rse with the best of them. I would be nice to see somthing for them, even if it is only a single female face that works in the player setup.
Also, as I said in the original thred, I'm talking about resistance fighters. Surley whether man or women, if you belive in somthing strongly enough and the call comes, you will pick up a gun and fight, look at some of the countries in the world today (no names, I have no intrest in getting into politics).
Please do not think I want to stop the thred, but has all this come to any conclusion, will we see female soldier addons on are they a no go.

imemyself

« Reply #21 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:25:35 »
This doesn't have much to do w/ the topic but it made me think of this.  My grandmother doesn't trust women to be pilots.  ???

SEAL84

« Reply #22 on: 25 Aug 2002, 23:56:52 »
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

*SEAL pulls out his Colt .45 and checks the mag, eyeing Sheep's RPK warily*

An empty void in the halls of OFPEC have been filled once again.  Hail!

Anyway, female resistance fighters are definitely a must-have.  In WW2 France lots of Partisans and agents were females.  So like Raven said, if the cause is worthy enough anyone will fight.

But, American or Russian female front-line infantry doesn't feel right, no disrespect intended.  

Just on the side, if those terrorist bastards hit my country again, screw the horrors of war, gimme an M16 and a K-pot.  I'll hit the battlefield for the Stars and Stripes.

A_Happy_Sheep

« Reply #23 on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:44:37 »
*throws the RPK down* I don't need a gun to kill you, Seal.

*hugs Seal* but it's nice to see you too.

When I said female russian soldiers, I meant in WWII times, I cannot see that happening now unless you were to look at African nations where the recruiting test is

Are you over 4?
Tick yes ( ) or no ( )

Somalian Airforce - Camels that jump high
Somalian AA Batteries - Giraffes
Somalian Minesweepers - People lucky enough to own sandles
Somalian Armour - The people with the bigger sticks
Somalian Artillery - People with good throwing arms and eyesight
Somalian Commandos - The ones with guns
Somalian Officers - The ones with food
Somalian cooks - Redundant
Somalian Navy - Well-diggers

Maybe I'll send that to the lost brother's web page, they're doing some arabic and african armies.

MarcusJClifford

« Reply #24 on: 26 Aug 2002, 01:09:09 »
Somalian Airforce - Camels that jump high
Somalian AA Batteries - Giraffes
Somalian Minesweepers - People lucky enough to own sandles
Somalian Armour - The people with the bigger sticks
Somalian Artillery - People with good throwing arms and eyesight
Somalian Commandos - The ones with guns
Somalian Officers - The ones with food
Somalian cooks - Redundant
Somalian Navy - Well-diggers

That is so cool - Laughed for about a minute - 1 problem
Are you over 4?
Tick yes ( ) or no ( )

Suggestes thay can read  :-\

A_Happy_Sheep

« Reply #25 on: 26 Aug 2002, 01:36:46 »
Well the Somalian recruiter fills it in for them.... they don't actually become aware of any of the recruitment phase. It's what's known as indiscriminate enlistment

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #26 on: 26 Aug 2002, 01:43:00 »
Can we bring this back onto the original topic of post please, the request for Female addons?

Thank you.
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

BlinkDog

« Reply #27 on: 26 Aug 2002, 04:08:25 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlinkDog

« Reply #28 on: 26 Aug 2002, 04:15:16 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #29 on: 26 Aug 2002, 04:43:45 »
Some one should do a Woman in a dress Uniform (as well as a man, Bibmi's only had one Face) that you can choose any female face for it, I can help for Realism on the Dress uniform (considering my Dad is in the Army and I set up his Dress uniform a lot).