Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Female Addons, Again!  (Read 10545 times)

BlinkDog

Re:Female Addons, Again!
« Reply #75 on: 10 Sep 2002, 06:22:17 »
Resistance, currently incompatable with resistance pistols. I am just adding origional/official BIS weapons to avoid complications. Other Fem Fatales will have a different variety of weapons and abilities. I have to work on some of the config files. I will give Lara the hide corpse and medic abilities when I can fig out how to properly.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #76 on: 11 Sep 2002, 02:51:43 »
Right On!  :D

DrMeatballs

« Reply #77 on: 12 Sep 2002, 01:57:49 »
On the subject of voices. What sort of file/sampling quality would be needed? are we talking pc mics or a full recording setup?
Kaliyuga: your idea certainly has merit it's mazing what you can do (heck just read a copy of sound on sound and see the shear ammount of post recording/production work that goes into every cd released and of course not one of the spice girls can sing properly they all depend heavily on the antares autotune).

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #78 on: 12 Sep 2002, 02:08:49 »
I think it would be better to use a PC mic to record the voices, so it sounds kinda like a Radio.  ;)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #79 on: 12 Sep 2002, 02:38:27 »
  Well... I'd want to record the best possible one and then add any effects later.. you can compress (which is done to all vocals), and add any other effects you want then ..
 I'm using ProTools, and I've been doing some research the last few days into plug ins...
I found the one I think I'll need  to use , just have to download the demo version and take it to school (since Protools is primarily a Mac program) where I have the proper equipment to make use of it.
  I had a great idea in class yesterday also... we had to record a choir of 35  10-12 year old girls that were singing patriotic songs, that were going to be played today at some sort of tribute.  The songs they were singing to were designed for adult voices and in a different key. So, in the studio we have a nice piece of equipment called a harmonizer, and it can take any peice of audio and take it up a few keys, making it sound higher pitched. We put the songs through that , and made the background vocals sound like the chipmunks or something ;D   So I bet that I could put some vocal stuff through that.. make it a higher key, add some effects, and well... see what I get.. LOL ;D  
  I'll keep you all up to date.. and as far as the specifics of adding the voices to the game, file format, etc.. you'll have to ask LCD when he gets back from vacation. I'm pretty sure that he's got that one just about figured out. Adding the voice to the game is what I think he had in mind too.. so you can choose it like you can your face or glasses under the options
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2002, 02:50:56 by Kaliyuga »

BlinkDog

« Reply #80 on: 12 Sep 2002, 05:41:31 »
well when I added music files to the game they were 128kbs, constant bit rate stereo. Voices I think are supposed to be the same except mono so you can get directional sound. Radio messages should be lower kbs not sure though, what ever AM radio quality is. 8bit mono.

Update:
Egads! I am sorry for those who ran into the webpage unavailable due to bandwidth thing while trying to see the pics for the Amazons Addon pack #1. Some of the pics are available in this thread.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2002, 07:16:27 by BlinkDog »

BlinkDog

« Reply #81 on: 14 Sep 2002, 18:43:26 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ has my Amazons Addon pack available for download.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #82 on: 14 Sep 2002, 19:41:43 »
it have 2 b wss file i have a prog dat do it but i stil didnty look @ at very good  ;D b back from my vic nd have my equip available in les dan 24 hours nd wil tel u exactly wat u need 2 add voices 2 em

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta