Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AC130 Script - Beta  (Read 23550 times)

Offline LurchiDerLurch

• Members
Re: AC130 Script - Beta
« Reply #15 on: 07 Apr 2010, 11:59:30 »
WOW !! :good: :clap: Seriously...WOW!! :yes:

What a great addon !!

I'm looking foward to updates.

I have some firing sounds for the 105 Howitzer, the Bofors and the 25mm cannon.  

You can grab them http://rapidshare.com/files/372867851/AC130_Firing_Sounds.rar.

I keep a very extensive database of sounds on my hard drive.  If you like them use them.  Be sure to back up the original sounds incase you dont like these.

PS,

The Bofors sound I used is from a real Bofors cannon.
 :D

thanks mate I checked them out ;) especially gun3 is nice  :)

anybody knows where to get some radio message sounds?  ???

On You Tube everybody complains about this shaking camera... is it really that unplayable?? I checked it and it wasn't that bad... especially in first person view were no shakings... and in third person I fixed them (I hope so ^^)

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 07 Apr 2010, 12:49:51 »
I suppose you could psot another beta and we can let you know :)

Seriously good fun here mate !!  BRAVO !

Offline LurchiDerLurch

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 07 Apr 2010, 13:05:53 »
I only have these shakings in third person with ACE2  :dunno:

Offline LupoUK

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 07 Apr 2010, 16:40:33 »
Re; camera hard to control / shaking.

To anyone having problems - camera is just very sensitive, keep your mouse pointer in the centre of the crosshair & you will see - takes a while to master but practice helps!

Also, try playin around with the _radius & _height in 'ac130_action.sqf' as this also helps (bigger circle=less turning/banking), been playin demo mission provided and have set radius to 1600 - this improves it for me.

All I want now is to figure out a way to get AI to initiate scripts & aim the bugger so I can watch the carnage from the ground & see that tracer coming in!

Definately the best AC130 simulation for A2 so far, a BIG thankyou to LurchiDerLurch for this amazing bit of work - we seem to be on the right path at last!
& Wow, take a look at all those scripts - this guy is nearly as much of a computer as mandoble (bet if you listened to these guys talking it would sound like a fax machine!) - where has he been hidin? 1st I've ever heard of him & 'boom - headshot' as they say!

Brilliant... it can only get better.
thankyou.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 07 Apr 2010, 17:34:26 »
I've been tinkering trying to find the source of the camera instability to no avail so far !

Raising the flying height and having a larger radius is great.  I really DO want to see the damage that this causes in DANGER CLOSE range :)  Lets see how accurate our Spooky controllers can actually be !

Will be AMAZING added into mando_missiles !

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 08 Apr 2010, 00:55:53 »
anybody knows where to get some radio message sounds?

I'm working on that. Maybe tomorrow.   

The camera shaking is pretty bad during gameplay for me as well.  May have to submit a ticket over a Dev. Heaven and see if BIS can take a look see and get it fixed.  It may be a Arma2 game engine problem. :cool2: :)

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #21 on: 08 Apr 2010, 09:42:59 »
- Yes, but only in third person view? I think I was able to fix them in first person view.
This got something to do with the altitude of the camera...

I was only testing first person view. At times it was quite bad, at times it was only happening a bit.

---

Particle creation is local yes. So it needs to be done on each client.
That said in this case it only needs to be done for units close by, right?

---

One can make conditional use:

Code: [Select]
if (not(isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"ace_sys_vehicledamage"))) then {...};
So if the addon is found, use the sounds from there, if not, play no ambiance sounds.

---

Thanks for the responses and very much looking forward to the next update.  :good:

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 09 Apr 2010, 03:24:49 »
I've got some sound clips from an actual AC130 mission.

You can grab them here: http://rapidshare.com/files/373660633/AC130_radio_chatter.rar

Again, If you dont like them dont use them and be sure to back up the originals.   

There are 14 clips in the file.  The addon, as far as I can tell will only support 10.

Maybe expanded support for radio chatter will be added later as this addon develops :good:

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 09 Apr 2010, 12:06:57 »
Nice one swtx!

Will try them now. 

Offline LurchiDerLurch

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 09 Apr 2010, 14:05:29 »
The radio chats are great :) thank you

I will also use two of your gun sounds  :clap:

edit:

Now I have a problem with the sounds... I want the gun sounds at the plane. But I want to turn down the sound if you're far away... you know what I mean?

The createSoundSource order isn't working because he's searching the sound in the config  :confused:

"say" should work but it isn't... I can hear the sound from everywhere... even if the sound is mono and 44100Hz  ???
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2010, 14:37:40 by LurchiDerLurch »

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 09 Apr 2010, 18:14:02 »
Hmmm not an expert on sounds.  Have you also asked some of the sound gurus in BIS forums ? 

Looking forward to testing the new release .... <---- excitied !

Offline Noobinator

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 09 Apr 2010, 21:08:45 »
have set a date for next release?

please say this weekend!  :D

Offline Niko999

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 09 Apr 2010, 22:00:41 »
Hi guys, sorry for my verryy bad inglish, i'am from Azerbaijan,  please help me with prOblem,
I download and install this ac130 addon, i put in the editor "this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"];"  , that be ok, BUt in the game i choise the "Call AC130" then i read the message "Open your map and Single click" ... i'am open map and click, but nothinng happens. >:(

Please help me .. :dry:
I sooo love Ac130 and wont play thisss..
i watch your video gameplay.. and i lOve it.. :whistle:

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #28 on: 10 Apr 2010, 00:48:21 »
Now I have a problem with the sounds... I want the gun sounds at the plane. But I want to turn down the sound if you're far away... you know what I mean?

The createSoundSource order isn't working because he's searching the sound in the config 

"say" should work but it isn't... I can hear the sound from everywhere... even if the sound is mono and 44100Hz 

I think I know what you mean.  I may have to convert the sounds back to stereo and and adjust the volume from there. 

Can you hear the sounds from the ground as well ? ???

I will try to resolve this on Sunday.  I am out of town and will be back home then. 

Everyone have a great weekend. :good: :yes:

Offline LurchiDerLurch

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 11 Apr 2010, 13:48:20 »
Hello everyone,

This week I worked on the problem with the shaking camera in ACE2 and I'm glad that I (probably ^^) fixed it. Now it's fully compatible with ACE2. The first tests seem to be sucessful =)

I also implemented:

- the position change (point around which the AC130 flies). Now the AC130 can fly to another position
- gun- and radiosounds were relplaced (thanks to swtx)
- new cross hairs

The next beta will be released soon ;)

Greetings
Lurchi