Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2  (Read 32972 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2
« Reply #15 on: 07 Mar 2010, 20:24:30 »
Changes in v2.4b45:

• Added: Green mark in Javelin sight (use it as reference when aiming)
  • Added: AGM-114L (HUD and TV) for ACE2 AH64D (radar guided, fire and forget)
  • Added: Gnat's Su33 with MCC (pilot) for Kh22 (anti-radar, anti-ship, AG, REMOTE)
  • Added: Eble's F14 with MCC (gunner) for AIM54 Phoenix (long range AA and anti-missile, inertial initial guidance)
  • Added: Test mission with F14 vs cruise missiles.
  • Added: Eble's F4 with MCC (gunner) for AIM7 Sparrow (dont use it in short range engagements)
  • Added: Eble's F4 with MCC (gunner) for AGM88 Harm (anti-radar).
  • Fixed: Vkirh and Tunguska missiles
  • Fixed: Igla and Strella were able to follow BIS locked on targets

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2010, 16:17:44 »
Changes in v2.4b5

* Added: Mando Air Support Console and Mando Bombs allowing you to:
          o Call for bomb runs using free fall bombs or SADARM attacks.
          o Call for Close Air Support using free fall bombs or SADARM attacks.
          o Call for gunships support (armed choppers by default).
          o Call for airborne assaults with the transport chopper landing or dropping the troops in parachute.
          o Call for infantry reinforcements (which will join the console user) with the transport chopper landing or dropping the troops in parachute.
          o Call for cruise missile attack.
          o Call for cruise missile saturation attack.
          o Call for ammo supplies (dropped in chutes by helicopters).
          o Call for vehicle supply (empty vehicles transported by choppers).
          o Call for Combat Air Patrol to sweep the skies of the support marked area.
          o Call for reconnaissance missions where the reconnaissance info will be transfered to the console map.
          o Call for evacuation choppers.
          o Call for laser guided strikes.
          o Call for carpet bombing runs
    * Added: mma_console_addon.Chernarus Air Support Console demo mission.
    * Changed: Mando Turret object moved to a separate addon mando_phalanx.pbo, also included inside @mma folder (this should remove any warnings when loading with Duala map).

The new MMA Air Support Console is highly configurable using many global vars, check here the full list of available options and run included demo mission mma_console_addon.Chernarus which includes many console customizations inside my_console_setup.sqf.

Offline desrat

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2010, 14:29:44 »
just quick question in support console version - are the gunships unable to attack with guns i.e missles only as they don't seem to attack troops in the demo mission I tested only hard targets.

Demo was mma_console_addon

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2010, 15:18:23 »
They can use the gun at will, in this case A2 AI engine decides where and when to use the guns. And yes, A2 gunners rarely use the guns against troops.

Offline monty67t

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2010, 18:05:44 »
Hey man, thanks for the release. I set up a mission on Utes and I'm having a couple of problems. First, the carpet bomb code in the readme isn't working. I remember having the same problem in ArmA1 and someone posted a fixed version of that sample code. Second, when I would call for an ammo drop or reinforcements or anything involving a helicopter bringing something in, it wouldn't come in. It would spawn the aircraft and they would drop their troops or cargo where they spawned, which in this case was way out to sea, lol. Other than that it's the same awesome console as the one for ArmA.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2010, 20:12:25 »
monty67t, try the carpet bombing code in the demo mission, as readme use the MMA readme first (the old mando bombs readme is not valid any more for the A2 version).

In some cases, mostly for choppers comming from S sector to N, A2 AI cannot resolve paths and will not move. Nothing I can do about that (I tried many ways but no way), only fix might come from BIS fixing A2.

Offline monty67t

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2010, 20:16:03 »
I used the example from the online mando missile manual and it worked fine. When I brought the helicopters in from another direction the worked fine. That is a wierd one, but thanks for the information.

Offline monty67t

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2010, 22:27:23 »
I'm still having some trouble with the carpet bomb code. I used this one from the sample mission.

Code: [Select]
// CARPET BOMB CODE //
mando_airsupport_carpetcode =
{
   private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
   _plane = _this select 0;
   _targetpos = _this select 1;
   while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do
   {
      Sleep 1;
   };

if (alive _plane) then
   {
      _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
      for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
      {
         _plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,driver _plane, _widx];
         Sleep 0.4;
      };
   };
};

This is the error i get.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 26 Mar 2010, 15:55:32 »
Does your plane have "BombLauncher" weapon? If not, change by the corresponding weapon using the bombs.

_widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 03 Apr 2010, 20:46:45 »
Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta6 is ready ;) Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Changes in v2.4b6

• Fixed: HUD was lost after loading a saved game where the HUD was active
  • Fixed: Gunship support console mission was spawning both choppers in the group in opposite directions
  • Fixed: MMA Air Support Console Laser support planes were emitting a radar on sound
  • Changed: Missile parameters for TOW, now it is more docile in vertical plane maneouvers
  • Added: MMA Air Support Console cameras for gunship and CAP wingmen planes and choppers
  • Added: MMA actions are now coloured for better identification
  • Added: Better accuracy for automatic free fall bombing
  • Added: TOW (manually guidance) for AH1Z as well as TOW rearming configuration
  • Added: ACE Setup new systems (thanks to Cyborg11)

•          ACE flares off if MMA ACE Setup is present in the mission
    •          ACE AH1s including MMA TOW HUD mode (manual guidance for pilot and gunner).
    •          M6A1 Linebacker now has MMA Stinger HUD for gunner
    •          M2A2 Bradley now has MMA TOW HUD for gunner

• Added: New globals to be used by the MMA Air Support Console
    •          mando_airsupport_code_cas: If defined, executed when a cas/br mission is created, receives first plane's crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_ca: If defined, executed when gunship mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_pa: If defined, executed when airborne assault mission is created, receives crew group and infantry group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_rc: If defined, executed when reco mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_ev: If defined, executed when evac mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_am: If defined, executed when ammo supply mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_ve: If defined, executed when vehicle supply mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_re: If defined, executed when reinforcements mission is created, receives crew group and infantry group as arguments
    •          mando_airsupport_code_la: If defined, executed when laser mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_cp: If defined, executed when CAP mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_code_cb: If defined, executed when carpet bombing mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    •          mando_airsupport_fixedpos: If defined, fixed spawn initial pos for all support missions

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 2010, 17:51:47 »
New v2.4b7, check first post for download link.

Added HUD, cameras, MCC, RWR, ECM and flare systems for:
   Eble's Iranian F14
   Eble's F15C
   Eble's F15E
Added HUD, cameras, MCC, RWR, ECM and flare systems for:
   HEXA_Mirage_5
   HEXA_Mirage_C
   HEXA_Mirage_D_AS30L
   HEXA_Mirage_D_GBU12
   HEXA_Tiger_HAP_CE
   HEXA_Tiger_HAD_CE
   HEXA_Transall_A
   HEXA_Puma_CE
   HEXA_Puma_RESCO
Added: HUD, cameras, RWR, ECM and flare systems for FFAA EF2000 plus rearming options
Added: HUD, cameras, RWR and flare systems for FFAA Tigre AT (requires Tigre v1.1)
Added: HUD, ECM and flare systems for FFAA C130 Hercules
Added: HUD for 3LB_SA6 (SA6 launcher)
Added: Cameras for Ka52 pilot when gunner is AI or no gunner is present
Fixed: torpedo warhead was not detonating correctly
Fixed: Mando gun is now able to engage troops too
Improved: missile turning acceleration
Added: AC-130 Spectre and mine field deploy options for air support console (check new mma_console2_addon.utes demo mission)
Added: Inner dead zone for TV camera control

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #26 on: 11 May 2010, 20:12:23 »
Mando, awesome addon!

This thread seems short for the amount of stuff in the addon..! Where's the questions people have, or is this not the spot?

I'd like to ask, what's all the scripting in "units\attackers"? Like for your ACE example map mma_test_sys_ace_addon.utes, you call on some planes:
Code: [Select]
[_x, 0, ["Air"], 4, 300, 3500, 15, [6, 5, -3], 50, 0, [], false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_aim120_fighter.sqs";
Why? Does this make them more lethal? Shouldn't they be shooting Mando Missiles anyways? And why set this: "this setVariable ["mando_ecm_on", true, true]"?? Doesn't the AI use counter measures anyways, without setting? What do you mean by "enemy MMA AI"? Shouldn't the enemy shoot Mando Missiles anyways?

How come you don't mention setting "mando_nav_info"? I see how you use it, but is there like a map maker document that mentions all the secret cool stuff? I'd like to get the most out of your scripts...  ;)

EDIT: I'm pouring through all the BIS forum posts.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2010, 05:57:22 by Doolittle »

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #27 on: 12 May 2010, 06:03:25 »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 13 May 2010, 00:45:11 »
Doolittle, attackers folder has templates of mando_missiles\units\mando_missileattacker.sqf usage. That script replaces any BIS AI missile related usage. If you want to see the "effects", run mma_test_sys_addon.utes demo mission and use the radio to activate MMA AI. And no, BIS units dont use ECM, that ECM affects only mando missiles, if you try to lock on a plane emitting ECM it will take longer to get the lock and the chances the lock gets broken are high. Also if you fire RADAR guided missiles against ECM emitting planes their guidance might become erratic, this is more evident if you fire SARH missiles like the Sparrow where you need to keep the target locked on until impact or miss. If you are the pilot of the plane and your plane has ECM, you can activate it pressing "R" (unless you changed the default MMA key mapping).

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 01 Jun 2010, 00:54:42 »
Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta7.5

Changes in v2.4b7.5

Systems added:

• AV8B GBU: LGB (REMOTE) on HUD
  • T90: Refleks (ATGM Laser, Remote, AA Laser modes)
  • BMP3: Arkan ATGM Laser
  • Gnat's Coalers: Nav HUD, Nav MFD, ECM and flares

Fixes and adjustments:

• Fixed a Mi8 problem not allowing to select rockets
  • Adjusted flight trajectories for Hellfires
  • Adjusted guidance for Metis

Read included mma_readmefirst.pdf for install and usage instructions, find here the online version.