Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2  (Read 32974 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2
« on: 08 Nov 2009, 01:05:21 »
Fire and configure missiles, create missile launchers for AI or players using any existing vehicle, plane, ship, chopper or thing, add automatic or manual chaff and flares dispensers to your vehicles, replace all vanilla ArmA missiles by mando ones, etc.

Read included mma_readmefirst.pdf for install and usage instructions, find here the online version.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta10.2 Please, do not mirror/redistribute (SixUpdater allowed).

Changes in v2.4b10.2

- Highly improved performance for MMA HUD and TV, these of you having locking on problems in overloaded missions should notice it
- MMA TV, MCC, LRR and support console screens selfadjust for any interface size, no more small displays
- Added systems for some missing ACE2 units (thanks to Shuravi-rnd)
- Added rearming configurations for ACE2 Su34s
- Added systems and rearming configs for Duala air units (except UFO)
- Added systems and rearming configs for PRACS air units
- Added systems for CWR demo air and land units
- Nuclear effects performance improved, no more visual problems when detonation happens in large cities
- RKLS STormShadow has GPS targeting again
- Fixed RAH66 Hellfire setup
- Added CWR units MMA setups (thanks to Shuravi-rnd)
- Added CCIP for Mi24 bombs as well as x2 Igla rearming config.
- Fixed mando_airsupport_code_ca was being called for airborne assault instead of mando_airsupport_code_pa

Some notes about MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo made by Kju:
If you have this and Extended Event Handlers it will try to self-initialize MMA in the following way:
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is the server, it initializes MMA.
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is a client, it initializes MMA only if the server has initialized it.
- If the server initialized it but you dont have MMA, you will see a notification every 10 seconds indicating that MMA is missing on your client.

When MMA is self initialized it checks for presence of FFAA and ACE to setup automatically their respective configurations.

Defunkt made a modification of the default BIS Javelin reticle that you can grab here
The mando_portables.pbo enables a better (wider) reticle for the Javelin and replaces the default crosshair with more authentic targeting 'stadia', these changes can only be made with an addon where the core MMA suite can be addon or script-only hence it is packaged separately. It is especially recommended if your display resolution should result in part of the default reticle showing.

Credits:
Defunkt, aside from pretty good ideas, he provided sounds, the outstanding images of the RWRs for east and west planes and fine tuned all the PAAs present in the pack, he also modified Raptor6 MFD to include "NTSC" effect as well as some nice pp effects for older type cameras and MMA HUD customizations for portable launchers (Igla, Metis, Javelin, Stinger and Strela).
Raptor6, do you like the fantastic background of the TV systems? it is from him.
Deanosbeano and scars who provided some mando turret models usable for the Phalanx gun.
Cyborg11 for the ACE2 setups
Kju for MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo

Special thanks:
All these guys among others have been providing ideas and good testing along the life of this project:
Alex72, Crusader, Cyborg11, Kremator, Manzilla, Massimo, Rubberkite, Scars, Stiltman, Vengeance and ViperMaul.

See it in action:
Mando Missile Helmet Mounted Display
Mando Missile ArmA freelook/Track IR
GLT Falcon CAP + Mando Missile
Mando Missile ArmA - TorM1 for ArmA2
Mando Missile for ArmA2, Patriots vs SCUDs
ArmA 2 Destroyer with Mando Missile automatic systems
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2011, 20:17:56 by Mandoble »

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
Re: Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2009, 01:14:25 »
Bravo! I will do my best to get some Arma2 testing in for ya.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009, 01:17:25 by ViperMaul »
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2009, 22:24:25 »
Now that Gnat released his russian aircraft carrier it is time to see it in all its glory ;)

MMA Kuznetsov CV test mission <- Already included in new 2.4b2 pack.

This includes a prototype of Mando Gun for ArmA 2.

Here the Kuznetsov engages enemy planes and ships automatically.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2009, 20:34:24 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2009, 20:32:43 »
New 2.4b2 available for download, check first post.

Changes in v2.4b2:

- In MP games, pilot might have control of some TV systems only if gunner is not human.
- If a BIS weapon is assigned to a HUD mode, this BIS weapon cannot be selected pressing "F" key.
- TV laser bomb models fixed, so they will not require anymore Mike's F16 ammo box (except for F16 systems).
- Most warheads of fired BIS missiles replaced by mando ones will keep its default power.
- Missile replacement now includes Gnat's submarines missiles and they fly with the correct flight profile.
- A10 has an extra TV system for the AGM65.
- PMC AH64 Apache setup added.
- Gnat's Kuznetsov carrier full setup with mando missiles and mando guns included (as easy as adding a new gamelogic near the carrier). Read mma_readmefirst.pdf for more info about usage of this new gamelogic.
- Mando Gun ArmA for ArmA2 integrated within Mando Missile, a turret object made by Deanosbeano included as example of mando gun usage. Read Mando Gun section in mma_readmefirst.pdf to get more info about usage and examples.
- MCC TV systems now have three different looks (old grayscale, not so old and no so grayscale and full color), the MCC TV MDF image has been modified to add NTSC effect (thanks to Defunkt).
- New mando_gun_arma.utes and mma_test_kuz.utes missions added.
- Ka52 gunners now has a helmet mounted display.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2009, 20:34:46 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2009, 04:17:31 »
New 2.4b3 beta available for download, check first post.

Changes in 2.4b3:

•TV systems better adjusted for the "unsupported" small interface size graphics option, no more empty holes above and below the camera MFD area.
•TV systems also integrated with UAVs, you can activate the system from a commanding vehicle and then use the UAV weapons, camera to mark targets or just guide the path of the UAV. This works for both, BLUFOR UAV and OPFOR small one.
•Portable weapons HUD support (by default, Javelin, Igla, Metis, Stinger and Strela).
•Forward looking radar display integrated with HUD's of some planes (AV8B, C130J, B52, Su34, F16s and F35B). The radar displays contacts or locations in the radar scan area in front of the plane in a top-view like display.
•HUD systems customization options: Now all hud systems can be personalized at will using the info provided by the HUD's main core script. Good examples are the customizations made by Defunkt for all the portable weapons (Igla, Metis, Stinger, Strela and Javelin).
•New flight profile parameters for default Patriots (AI and MCC based), way more effective against hi flying fast SCUDs even during initial climb and final dive SCUD states.
•New reloading system for both, BIS weapons and virtual weapons and countermeasures.
•BIS default top radar can be blocked (with red semintransparent bars where friend and foe dots look) the same. The feature can be enabled by mission makers.
•All the remote capable TV MCCs now can lock on remote targets (no LOS check performed).
•Added setup for Mi28.

Defunkt made a modification of the default BIS Javelin reticle that you can grab here
The mando_portables.pbo enables a better (wider) reticle for the Javelin and replaces the default crosshair with more authentic targeting 'stadia', these changes can only be made with an addon where the core MMA suite can be addon or script-only hence it is packaged separately. It is especially recommended if your display resolution should result in part of the default reticle showing.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2009, 04:52:02 by Mandoble »

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jan 2010, 22:19:55 »
Even though repeating myself - superb job Mandoble  :good:

Preface:
First item: Do you have an issue tracker somewhere running? For such a complex project it would be certainly
very helpful. A forum is rather messy and OFPEC forum forcing you to one post makes the post huge, takes
long to load and preview broken.  :weeping:

Second item: Is MM a single man coding project (on purpose)? In other words are you interested in others
to help out in the coding? If so, how should this be organized? Or do you prefer full control and people to
submit diffs or just suggestions?

Here is in-depth feedback, several questions and a few suggestions.

Lets start with the technical details.

Can you please explain the two gamelogic approach for the full init.
To me it seems one GL/script launch per functionality (full / gun / ship) doable.
(does full include gun and ship?)

There are two aspects you have to take into consideration with the start up from what I understand.
1) To avoid duplicate/multiple script execution.
2) Not to disable a customized MMA/MMS setup (maybe).

In addition you have to take into account MMA + MM in a mission running at the same.

To me it seems logical to have the MMS (script) version running, if both are active.
I did not look into the code itself so far - is this taken care yet?

It might be a good addition to allow to disable a MMS version running (and run the addon version instead).

So design wise it should not be that complicated to set it up to allow a XEH addon to initialize MM
automatically. The basic system could be:

1) XEH: preInit: call MMA (init+full) // should be a single script call - internally the call does both
// XEH PreInit should be guaranteed to be launched before init.sqf.
// The XEH addon sets the default configuration.
2) Next mission init.sqf - it may contain MMS call // might be good to spawn a separate script that does the
execution timing internally. Like wait a second.
3) If MMS present, the configuration should be used instead.
// If the scripts of the MMA or MMS should be used is a different consideration.
// So running both XEH MMA + MMS should be doable.
4) Optional: a version compare and hint to player if MMA older than MMS might be useful.

In other words it should be possible to have MM active via XEH addon in any mission.
This will help make MM used a lot more. At the same time MMS in a mission should work.
Even more it'd be great if people could set mission specific settings for the XEH MMA launch as well.

a) always on.
b) always on and using mission specific setting
c) mission specific MM launch (and configuration)

Alright lets move on. Is there design limitation to reduce MM interface to normal IGUI?
The safeZone a2 thingy allows one to make dialogs fitting to any resolution - it is more work yes.
Yet once understood, it is rather easy to convert the static position and size values to relative.

A maybe related problem is that while you zoom in, the MM dialogs keep the size AND even more problematic
the logic adapts as well.

First pic: Rather big circle resulting in a big lock area.
Second pic: If you zoom in, the circle GUI size remains the same. This means the effective lock area gets
far smaller.

The problem is that you might not detect, if one goes into optics/zooms in perfectly.
Checking the key input via key actions should work, yet you may not know which state your are in.
If you loose track, this would get messy (feature might be possible to reset the GUI to no zoom).

The other problem here is that in optics / zoom in most times the (outer) MM GUI elements no longer fit.
This might be annoying effort to figure out the right position for each vehicle - no zoom and zoomed in.

Sorry I give up for now. The edit and preview loading time kill me.
I will add the other tomorrow.  :dry:
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2010, 22:46:28 by kju »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2010, 01:50:57 »
Thanks for your feedback Kju.  MM was single man coding project, but now it is becomming better understood by some people. Good examples are the customized MMA huds made by Defunkt or configurations for ACE2 made by Cyborg11 (present in next release). MMA is a framework including some usage examples (HUDs, MCCs, TVs, automatic launchers, guns, etc), a mission designer may create his own systems using the framework, this was the spirit of this project when it become alive for OFPR years ago and it is still the same spirit now with A2. This also means Im always interested into others help and ideas, and I agree with you, a forum is not the best way to drive that kind of collaboration.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2010, 20:33:56 »
2.4B41 ready, check first post for download.

2.4B41 change log:
  • fixed: MCC TV flickering effect gone.
  • fixed: UH60S sonobuoys back.
  • fixed: "Is mando missile present there?" hint without reason gone.
  • Added: Lifting hud with camera added for several chopper classes.
  • Added: HMD for AH1Z.
  • Added: where is the other crew member looking at indicator for the AH64 monocle.
  • Added: XEH auto-initialization addon.
  • Added: SAM Site mission example using mando radar.
  • Changed: All HUD is moved to layer 3 to avoid interferences with other default "Cut" commands.

Some notes about MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo made by Kju:
If you have this and Extended Event Handlers it will try to self-initialize MMA in the following way:
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is the server, it initializes MMA.
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is a client, it initializes MMA only if the server has initialized it.
- If the server initialized it but you dont have MMA, you will see a notification every 10 seconds indicating that MMA is missing on your client.

When MMA is self initialized it checks for presence of FFAA and ACE to setup automatically their respective configurations.

Offline blaunarwal

• Members
Re: Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2 2.4B41 Error reporting
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2010, 09:13:00 »
After updating to the latest version I get this message:
Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf not found

After loading ArmA2 without ACE2 it finds ffaa mod
Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf not found

I then tried my usual ACE2 config with other mods without mma and there was no error. So I'm sure it's not an error of one of the other mods.

I installed mma according to the manual, after deletion of the old version and demo missions copied the new stuff  to the respective directories.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2010, 20:49:36 »
Quite weird, try removing the MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo.

Offline blaunarwal

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2010, 21:43:36 »
removing the MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo solves the problem for me. What do I miss now?

I have no idea, what the problem is. With the mma version before, there was nothing. I use most actual ace2 addons. But this seems not to be the issue. I guess these missing *.sqf do not exist, do they?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2010, 00:14:24 »
might be you were self initiating MMA with MMA XEH, but without MMA addon.

Offline blaunarwal

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:39:03 »
By thinking about the meaning of your reply I came to the idea to search my arma2 directory for other mando_missiles.pbo. There was one in another directory, which I use for many different gameplay addons. I had never thought or remembered, that I once used this directory for mma. I made this to small down the number of directories/mods listed in my arma2 call but it has a made it difficult to keep track with installed versions as I see now.
After removing this old mando_missiles.pbo everything works fine with MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo activated again.

Thank you very much for your help. You are a great analytical talent!  :clap:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 07 Feb 2010, 14:21:48 »
Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta42 is ready ;) Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Changes in v2.4b42:

Important note: MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo has been moved to @mma_xeh folder, dont forget to remove the MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo that might be present in your current @mma folder. If you want to use the autolauch, execute ArmA2 with mod=@mma;@mma_xeh modifiers.

• Improved: MCC TV flickering and small jumps when lock/unlock gone.
  • Fixed: mma_test_sam_site.utes mission initialization
  • Added: LOAL for Hellfire MCC TV cameras.
  • Added: Manual guidance (TV manual control) for Vkihrs MCC TVs.
  • Fixed: Active Mando Guns (Phalanx) now are listed as radar emitting sources.
  • Added: Eble's F4 Phantom setups for AIM7, AGM88 and CCIP for its free fall bombs for both, pilot and gunner.
  • Added: SEAD mission with F4 supporting two AV8B groups vs enemy SAMs.
  • Changed: MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo moved to @mma_xeh folder.
  • Added: .version.txt file inside @mma and @mma_xeh folders containing the versions.
  • Changed: Scoring system mechanism, now it waits more time before adding score (damaged planes taking too long to crash).
  • Fixed: Radar and monocle sorting order and radar position, now visible with any interface size and resolution.
  • Added: A new global array named mando_rearm_sources_classes containing all the classes of objects used as rearming sources.
  • Added: enabled unlimited preemptive flares.
  • Added: AI pilot's skill now translates into more efficiency using automatic flares.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2010, 22:41:59 »
Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta44 is ready ;) Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Changes in v2.4b44:

• Added: Gnat's Su33 systems.
  • Added: Eble's F14 systems.
  • Added: Helfire LOBL HUD Mode for ACE2 AH1Z Pilot's HMD.
  • Added: mma_test_su33_addon.Chernarus mission.

Systems included:
Eble's F14 pilot's HUD:
  • AIM-9
  • AIM-54
  • AGM-65
  • AGM-65 GRND
  • GBU-12 CCIP
  • ECM
  • Flares
  • RWR

Eble's F14 pilot's MCC TVs:
  • GBU-12 (if gunner is not player)

Eble's F14 gunner's MCC TVs:
  • AGM-65 TV
  • GBU-12 TV
  • AIM-54 TV

Note that AIM54 has initial inertial guidance and quite a long range (depending on launcher speed > 54Km in A2), if fired outside its active radar range (3Km), it will climb and dive on the target. So countermeasures effectiveness will be greatly reduced. On the other hand, it has quite low capability for short range engagements unless the target is in front of the firing F14 and flying away while not maneouvering.

Gnat's Su33 pilot's HUD:
  • R-73 AA
  • R-27 AA (SARH)
  • Kh.29 TV
  • Kh.22
  • Kh.22 Remote
  • Kh.22 Ground
  • FB 250 CCIP
  • KB 500 CCIP
  • ECM
  • Flares
  • RWR

Gnat's Su33 pilot's MCC TVs:
  • Kh.29 TV
  • Kh.22 TV (Remote)
  • Kh.22 SEAD
  • KB 500 LGB

Kh.22 has a very long range, it is also detectable by enemy radars (anti-missile missiles and anti-missile mando guns). It can be used in local, remote and SEAD (anti-radar) modes.
ATM, to be able to use Kh.22 config, you may rearm your plane near any MMA valid rearming point, select AS-4 configuration (R73+R27+3 Kitchen missiles).