Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl  (Read 12239 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
(Review Completed) [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl
« on: 01 Sep 2008, 15:25:06 »
Mission name: Release Karl

Mission type: multiplayer Coop

Players Numbers: 8

Version: 1.15

Size: 141ko

Duration: 1 to 2 hours, depending on the number of players...

Author: FleePee

patch 1.14
Required addons: none
Language: english
weapons pool in the briefing!
moving respawn points as you change of objective and weapon respawn (you keep weapons and ammo after you die)

Description: Karl has been caught yesterday and is acused of espionage... At 4h00 AM, we have intercepted some radio exchanges giving orders to execute him at 8h00 AM... Sorry for the decision and transport delays, but now, you only have 30 minutes left!!
You have to release him at all cost, we need the informations he has!
Once informations in your possession, move to the evacuation zone, a chopper will evacuate Karl and your team...
As far as we know, there is no heavy armor in Paraiso...

Enjoy!!!

Installation: Copy the file "release_karl.Sara.pbo" into the "ArmA\MPmissions" folder.

scripts:   
- hostages by Nataniel (edited)
- Weapons Respawn Script v1.04 by toadlife revised by norrin
- dismount by sharkattack
- initFlags by Spooner

Special thanks to Mandoble and Spooner  for their scripting helps, to Cheetah and Hoz for their beta tests of the mission! :good:

OFPEC Download Link
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 15:05:02 by Cheetah »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl (review please)
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2008, 03:30:43 »
Intro

There is none, even a short one would be nice.

Briefing

Picture in there. Hard to see but workable.

Typo in the first sentence  as should be has and  acused should be accused.
Second sentence  Informations should be Information

The Briefing is pretty good has enough information.

You don't allow the person to choose the ammo to begin with. Which is a shame, you should consider adding some especially when you get further advanced and you have those loaded ammo crates out there.

Mission

The first WP when you begin is in french. The first couple blocks are quite exciting lots of resistance tough to forge ahead. What it lacks is if you take off out side the areas you don't see much. Especially at the first respawn point over to the left/west of the point. If you go west you can easily come in the back of that area.

The battle at the top of the hill in Parisio "citadel" could do with some strategic 2nd floor placements around the medical tent/flag I see now you have a couple but I would consider more.  There is about 4 or 5 buildings you could easily take advantage of. Overall not a bad battle, you could do with more patrols.

The part where you release the prisoners, the captive Blufor guy his text is in french. I would put some guys kneeling in around the grave yard and also in the church. You could make this a bit tougher.

After that it never ended and I didn't receive any updates after I took over the citadel.  No updates when you took over the respawn point either.

Lastly, the mission didn't end after 30 mins like the briefing indicate I did receive all the warnings about time advancing.

« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2008, 05:53:32 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl (review please)
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2008, 11:20:53 »
 :(
Thanks for the reply!
Picture in there. Hard to see but workable.
That's true, I don't know why the picture is so dark...
And I don't know why when I make an intro, I can't see it when I play the mission... I didn't have that problem with OFP... :dunno:
I made some changes, I think the mission is going to be real tough! The rar file of the first post is modified too...

The mission  doesn't end after 30 minutes, even if you don't manage to release Karl and that he is executed...
I've seen that a trigger wasn't in "switch" mode (?!), so I think that you didn't see any paratroops and fighting back squads as you approach the citadel... And if you didn't release ALL prisonners, neither did you see the change of waypoint to the evacuation zone, wich is well defended... The mission ends as Karl (or you if he's dead) gets in the evacuation chopper!
Will you try again?

« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2008, 15:25:33 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl modified (review please)
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2008, 16:54:11 »
The civies and Karl never moved after I freed them. Perhaps when you have clear the area, you could have some title text pop up to tell you to free the civies. Also its a bit of a pain to go up to each civi and click rescue. Maybe consider lowering the number of civis or use one action for all the units.

I never saw the para troopers at all.

I'll give er another go tonite.

I changed the topic title to remove the (review please) since your really just beta testing at this point. I'll have an update in a little bit...

New test New version

2 players

Overview

Just noticed the first sentence should be changed a bit...
Karl has been caught yesterday...  should be Karl was caught yesterday, or Yesterday Karl was caught...  Might even consider captured instead of caught.

Move forward in the town until (add you reach the) citadel where Karl is detained.

Briefing
Again I have to encourage you to use the weapons pool so that players can choose a weapon from the briefing. Its the difference between a polished mission and a quick whip it together type mission. Its easy enough to do just add the entries to the description.ext. There is an ofp tutorial which makes it basically a cut and paste job and replacing the weapons with arma ones.

The Evac Marker is covering the town name Corinto, so its a bit hard to see.

I think you should consider putting a flag marker where the respawn pt. is.

Mission

Ok this time around it was a lot tougher. Almost impossible with 2 people. So you might want to tone the mission down based on the number of humans playing. Like if there is only 2 humans playing maybe avoid the helo drop.

You might want to add some notification once you have advanced the respawn pt (Titlecut or a hint) and maybe change the flag at the outpost to a blufor flag.

The 30 mins trigger didn't end the mission as it should. However briefing was updated with a fail.

« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2008, 04:14:26 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl
« Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2008, 13:19:03 »
Hi!
I'll try to update the mission regarding your suggestions...
(I allready made every prisoner released once citadel is under control)

Code: [Select]
The 30 mins trigger didn't end the mission as it should. However briefing was updated with a fail.

The principal objective of the mission is failed if Karl is dead, but the mission ends when you're in the evac chopper, Karl dead or alive... Do you think it would be logical to end and restart the mission if Karl is dead?
I don't... but it's up to the player to restart if he wishes to have ALL objectives "done", isn't it?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2008, 14:44:33 »
I think the mission should end. Since the objective is to complete the mission in 30 mins.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2008, 18:33:08 »
Sure, but it's fun to clean the evac zone, even if karl is dead!
Mission updated and downloadable!
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2008, 18:44:10 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2008, 19:01:46 »
Sure its fun, but its not really a challenge. The whole battle your assuming the mission will end after 30 mins so your working carefully to get the job done if you can't beat the first objective in my opinion the mission should end. This way your providing some kind of reason for re playability.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2008, 21:45:13 »
ok... But finally, I made an alternative scenario... The major objective is to bring back documents hidden by Karl...
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 10:58:01 by fleepee »

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2008, 11:47:32 »
new version downloadable... with respawn updates
As anyone released Karl in 30 minutes with the last mission update? (I didn't!!!)
If none did achieve that objective, I may give a delay of 45 minutes instead of 30...
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2008, 16:53:38 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2008, 03:35:00 »
The mission wouldn't load on the dedicated server. I unpbo'd and noticed that there is an addon added. "porto" so thats new and if your going to use an addon update the first post.

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2008, 05:46:14 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #11 on: 11 Sep 2008, 10:33:46 »
there is an addon added

I've just tried, only launching the game patched in 1.14 version and did not encounter that problem... :dunno:
are you sure?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 11 Sep 2008, 12:21:43 »
I can confirm that this required porto (= Queens Gambit).

If you don't believe me, the mission.sqm doesn't lie.

addOns[]=
   {
      "cacharacters",
      "sara",
      "CAWheeled",
      "CATracked",
      "caweapons",
      "CABuildings",
      "CAAir",
      "camisc",
      "WarfareBuildings",
      "EditorUpdate_v102",
      "porto",
      "CAWheeled3_TT650"
   };
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2008, 12:24:45 »
Yes, 'porto' is in the addons list in your mission.sqm, in both addons and addonsAuto sections.

Porto is the island that came with Queens Gambit, so if you ever used any objects from QG that are used on this island then that would explain why it is included in the addons list.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2008, 12:35:43 »
I think that the only things changed since last release is the addition of straw pile, a backpack and a sleeping bag...
anyway, most of players have queen's gambit, don't they?