Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl  (Read 12242 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl
« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2008, 12:38:16 »
Sleeping bad and backpack could be from QG.

Definititely not all players have QG. But I have no idea how many do have it.

However, for things like a backpack or sleeping bag I wouldn't include QG.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2008, 14:19:38 »
sure... i removed them, but I still have "porto" in the list of addons...
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2008, 16:10:59 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 11 Sep 2008, 16:23:58 »
Edit the mission.sqm and remove all the addons, save the file then reload it in the editor and preview, then save the mission again and check the sqs file to see if its still there.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2008, 16:36:34 »
it's magic!
I upload the new version in the post...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 16 Sep 2008, 06:07:05 »
Ok we gave this another go tonite. My one buddy really liked it.

The last objective never ticked completed, even though we got the message that the capitol was freed.

I think that the mission should end when karl is dead, and you set it up so a couple of the units auto fire on karl when the time is done(maybe it is like this we didn't get the area around karl clear to see it happen). If you happen to kill those units then karl still remains for the capture. you could also set him so hes not a captive and any remained east units would consider him a target.

I don't think your timer script isn't counting time properly. It seemed over 50 mins when we received the 30 min warnings. It may of just seemed like the time wasn't working properly. The messages/warnings are great, they really get you pumped.

thats as far as we got then gave up. played 59 mins.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Sep 2008, 11:08:59 »
My one buddy really liked it.
I do like it too! :D 
I think that the mission should end when karl is dead, and you set it up so a couple of the units auto fire on karl when the time is done(maybe it is like this we didn't get the area around karl clear to see it happen). If you happen to kill those units then karl still remains for the capture. you could also set him so hes not a captive and any remained east units would consider him a target.
You've got the choice in the new version to abort or continue the mission...
There is allready some units that "dotarget" then "dofire" karl ( setcaptive false: other Opfor units have to know about karl to shoot him, and he is a little bit hidden...) as the time is done, which is now 40 minutes... 30 was really a tough job!
And yes, there was an error in the time countdown...
get the last version in the post...

Questions: when I play with a friend and that he is releasing Karl, it doesn't work very well, and I have to go to Karl and do the "release Karl" action myself, as the server, to get the objective "done"... The same with another action script "search the ashes" later in the mission... Do you know a solution to that problem?
(I have allready a game logic trigger named "server" on the map...)

Where are you from and on which server do you play?
I wish I could join you if it's not too late for France time...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 16 Sep 2008, 14:36:08 »
Questions: when I play with a friend and that he is releasing Karl, it doesn't work very well, and I have to go to Karl and do the "release Karl" action myself, as the server, to get the objective "done"... The same with another action script "search the ashes" later in the mission... Do you know a solution to that problem?
(I have allready a game logic trigger named "server" on the map...)

Ask in the ED this is the type of thing they do there.

Where are you from and on which server do you play?
I wish I could join you if it's not too late for France time...
I play on my own server and we play at like 11pm canadian eastern time.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2008, 10:05:29 »
there's a new version in which I tried to solve the problems of JIP, but I didn't try it...

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl (review please)
« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2008, 10:56:16 »
Thanks for the reply!That's true, I don't know why the picture is so dark...
And I don't know why when I make an intro, I can't see it when I play the mission... I didn't have that problem with OFP... :dunno:

Hi fleepee,

I was just skimming your topic, but haven't played the mission.
Probably the picture is looking so dark, because you're using a higher gamma value for your Windows desktop than in ArmA. You should be able to get rid of this with an image editing software which allows you to rise gamma/brightness of your picture, and verifying the result in game only.

If it's still like OFP, multiplayer intros have to be included in the "mission" part of your mission as the "intro" and "outro" parts are never playing in multi player environment. Then you should also add the possibility to skip the intro in the game lobby if it's very long.

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #24 on: 21 Sep 2008, 11:47:09 »
Code: [Select]
You should be able to get rid of this with an image editing software which allows you to rise gamma/brightness of your picture
it's allready a modified picture from the one in this post (more brightness and contrast) that is in the briefing...

By the way, I also modified the mission so I think that there is no more problem with the "release actions" in MP, thanks to Mr Peanuts!!! :good:
test it please!!!
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2008, 10:50:52 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 01 Oct 2008, 06:03:36 »
Played it tonite, did quite well, managed to release karl after the fireing squad warning. We managed to get in there and kill all the guys around karl, the timer went off but we were still able to rescue him. Thats really as far as we got. the run up the hill is a killer.

Theres a problem with the release civis, you run it but nothing happens.
I think you should make the respawn updates so they trigger when there is a percentage of east. Those long walks back coupled with having to kill that last east guy is a bit of a drag.

The street battles are quite exciting.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #26 on: 01 Oct 2008, 09:45:37 »
I changed the respawn trigger in the citadel so it is effective when you reach it...
You have to release ALL prisoners there to have a change... that means Karl, two others prisoners and the civilians...
I hope it will be ok...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 04 Oct 2008, 15:39:20 »
Gave it another go last night. Here are some bugs we saw.

*Mission didn't end even though the the helo came in to get us.
*Helo didn't stick around, it touched down and then off in a matter of a sec.
*Prisoners release doesn't work.
*Last respawn point seem to move us between 2 battles and put us in the middle. for the first few mins its just constant death as your beaten from both sides. I think you move the respawn ahead too far we were essentially pushed into a new area and two of us didn't have any ammo.

Your triggers that detect east in the trigger, I think you need to use a percentage of east in the triggers. leaving it till the last man is hunted down sucks.

After you rescue karl the last part of the mission is terrible in the sense that your already playing for 40 mins, and the last part took us up to an hour to complete. IMO this is way to long to keep people interested. The extraction should only take a max of 10 mins. IMO the last part of the mission could be a mission in itself.

The part about where you update the mission plan after karl is dead, I think should be removed. Switch the radio trigger out so you can call in the extraction chopper. maybe use 2 radios one to bring in the chopper and then the second to send the chopper off when your in it.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #28 on: 07 Oct 2008, 17:26:58 »
Thanks Hoz for your coments! :good:

I've tested the mission, everything seems to be ok... The mission ends!

Helo didn't stick around, it touched down and then off in a matter of a sec.
When I tried, it worked all right...

Prisoners release doesn't work
it was a problem with dedicated servers...  Thanks to Mandoble, it works now!!!

Last respawn point seem to move us between 2 battles and put us in the middle
I moved the respawn and the extraction points, changed the mission ending...

After you rescue karl the last part of the mission is terrible in the sense that your already playing for 40 mins, and the last part took us up to an hour to complete.
Even if I changed the end, it's still a long mission! You've got to get the hidden documents before calling for extraction...

The part about where you update the mission plan after karl is dead, I think should be removed.
that part is removed...

The leader was setcaptive true!  :blink:

« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 21:01:00 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 08 Oct 2008, 21:27:39 »
Good stuff, we'll give it a go this evening...

The mission seemed to lag alot for me tonite. My buddy said it didn't on his pc but it sure did on mine. Did you add alot more units ? Or do you have some script running a muck?
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 05:54:40 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks