Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl  (Read 12501 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP COOP 1-8] Release Karl
« Reply #30 on: 09 Oct 2008, 07:56:32 »
The mission seemed to lag alot for me tonite.
i didn't add units... just modified the release scripts...
I did the same with "lighthouse expedition" and had a lot of lag playing it on dedi server... :dunno:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: 09 Oct 2008, 18:24:34 »
I guess it must be something with the scripts then. Pretty much became unplayable on my crappy puter.

EDIT - You might also want to consider a dead body removal script it may help to reduce lag. You have a lot of dead units in there by the time you hit the karl area. THis time it played alot better. We pretty much end it after the karl assassination.  the last part drags on too much for us. The respawn after the karl area is too far if you ask me. IMO its too long after karl is dead or rescued.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2008, 11:17:12 by bedges »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #32 on: 12 Oct 2008, 06:37:56 »
You might also want to consider a dead body removal script it may help to reduce lag
I'm looking for one, but lag appears till the begining of the mission... and I like to see how efficient we've been!! ;)

The respawn after the karl area is too far if you ask me. IMO its too long after karl is dead or rescued
did you release ALL prisoners and had that objective checked? I f you did, the last respawn point is updated as you get near the place where you have to take the documents... IMO=extraction?
Mission updated... chopper evac modified

« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2008, 14:44:11 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 15 Oct 2008, 21:34:40 »
We managed to play through past the killing of karl last night. One guy complained of lag, and you may want to revisit removing the dead bodies or atleast some of them. You may want to increase the respawn by a few seconds, sometimes an instant respawn could cause a bit of lag. The last respawn is even worse now if you ask me. You will never reach it by car or by and imo should be on the other side of the city. Instead you are just killed and then respawned into an unfamilar location. the mission it self has been fun but its almost gettin boring for us to play over and over.

Update: the JIP respawn point isn't being updated properly.

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2008, 02:52:37 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2008, 05:57:42 »
i'm updating with the spooner's script the problem of jip and respawn...
I played the mission on a public server and didn't have lag... I don't know why it appears on dedi servers... ???
Im gonna change karl's position because of a bug with the building on the map...
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 19:24:05 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:24:40 »
We replayed this tonite with 3 players with one JIPing later on. THe first part of the mission went great we captured karl, cleared out what we thought was the town. and moved on to the next part. However I guess we missed one prisioner and still cleaned out bonanza.  then had to go back and get the prisioners. 

So it took a long time for the last respawn pt to be updated.

The helo came in before we got the documents so we missed that completely. it doesn't wait around either.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #36 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:38:27 »
hi!
I modified the mission and posted it...
Karl's position has changed and the delay before his execution is back to 30 minutes!

However I guess we missed one prisioner and still cleaned out bonanza
I added a message to go back to the citadel if ALL prisoners aren't released.

The helo came in before we got the documents so we missed that completely.
You can't call by radio the evac chopper before having the documents... ???
Wasn't it an ennemy chopper with paratroops? (there is one as you reach Bonanza...)

I tested the evac chopper behaviour in the editor preview and it waited for my team to be on board to take off... :scratch:
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2008, 08:43:14 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 05 Nov 2008, 05:46:19 »
still having some problems with the release prisioners. I select release and they didn't release. ended up shooting them. Not sure if i had the most up todate version the file says ver 11 but in side the mission it says v5.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #38 on: 08 Nov 2008, 06:40:27 »
It is basically like this. The less addons the mission has the more people play it. The more addons the less they play it. Do as you will with it.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #39 on: 08 Nov 2008, 07:57:42 »
 ???I've checked scripts and mission and don't understand why you have a problem with the  prisoners... Is it with all prisonners or just with civilians?

I think you have the corect version (11) perhaps I did not change the name (5) in the editor...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 08 Nov 2008, 08:15:06 »
Its with the civies. and I must have the newer version.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #41 on: 08 Nov 2008, 09:43:57 »
There is no longer civilians in the mission as they are not important... :D
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2008, 10:19:07 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 08 Nov 2008, 15:24:10 »
Cool they just got in the way anyhow. :D It occurred to me that maybe the script was screwing up if one the civies was shot. But you solved it another way. we'll give it a test tonight or tomorrow night and then put it in the que for review. :D
Xbox Rocks

Offline NoBrainer

• Members
    • NoPryl of Norway
« Reply #43 on: 10 Nov 2008, 09:46:19 »
This one was tested yesterday, version 12, and Karl kind of got away. Ordered him to join group, but he didn't join our group...
Called for extraction, the heli did a touch'n go....1/10 th of a second. We didn't make it inside he heli.

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #44 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:04:54 »
Thanks for the feedback!
I've tried something different with the "release karl" script and init file... and hope it will work corectly!
The same with the chopper, all changes tested in the preview of the editor and was ok...
I update the post and will test it this afternoon on a public server. :scratch: