Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Guardian Angel  (Read 18376 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v0.1
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 2007, 06:19:00 »
ohh... kk... will change dat :D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 2007, 14:31:52 »
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 2007, 16:40:23 »
The first error messages that MrN noted were the same I got. A bullet and some titletext.
Also, the Savegame needs to be called Savegame.

Talking of saves, you should add an automatic one after the insertion and one after the explosion.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v0.2
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jul 2007, 01:34:57 »
i spotted da bug... its a typo (i swear i removed it before... probably didnt save da file after editing or someting  :blink:  :-[)
da radios shud b called by da right name... anywayz it is radio alpha (0-0-1)

@ MrN

intro : i added some music... not from Pulp fiction... (i hate tarantino... only movie i watched was kill bill nd it sucked  :no:) but i added something more classy  :D  :cool2:

briefing : if you can point em out ill b happy :D

mision :

dere suposed to b a body with information... did u have a choper landing at you cedras in da mision (if deres a choper dere den it is dere) nywayz... da documents shub b on da officers body :D

i uploaded new version... nd i gtg cuz parguay is gonna b playin da US in just a minute

LCD OUT

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v0.3
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jul 2007, 22:58:07 »
Guardian Angel v0.3 - Veteran

Package
Readme missing. Advertising pictures missing.

Overview
Border missing.

Briefing
Special Equip. Page: "Speceil" -> "Special"
Objectives: "Chose" -> "Choose"
Plan: "Esterilla" -> "Estrella", "finaly" -> "finally"

Mission
The insertion still caused some problems. Some hint shows itself at times, "0.561" for example.

Don't like it that I have to use the bandages multiple times in order to heal myself completely. Can't you automatically use as much bandages as needed?

I get the conversation thingy about Mandoble while everyone is dead, including the general. Walked over his body. Quite weird ;).
Don't know what radio options 2 and 3 are for, you using them to test the mission?

Couldn't get the "destroy all tanks at cedras" to complete. Somehow there was something that I had to destroy, got the M113, Vulcan, T72, Littlebird and a truck. Please look into this bug.

Well thought of, I like the choice you give to the player. There were a few bugs however. First, the voices in the Angel cutscene are too fast. I can't read all of the voices towards the end, please fix this it's kind of annoying. Second, the beeping sound keeps playing while you have to assassinate Mandoble.

There were a few weird hints, showing a array with numbers and I think the information passed to a hint by a KILLED eventhandler.
Don't forget to turn the other player (Human or Angel) off as a playable unit. I tried switching to the Human after I died and turned out that I was not at an island southeast of Sahrani.

Haven't completed the mission by the way, a patrol eliminated me before being able to find out what trees I had to be at in order to trigger the ending. Will continue it later.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v0.3
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jul 2007, 00:53:34 »
Couldn't be arsed to point out all the typos so have done the briefing here:
http://download.yousendit.com/F2C681C9284D1CF9
I've just noticed I've missed the ones Cheetah pointed out though. :dry:

dere suposed to b a body with information... did u have a choper landing at you cedras in da mision (if deres a choper dere den it is dere) nywayz... da documents shub b on da officers body
I did hear a chopper land but I thought it was the insertion chopper. There were a lot of dead bodies around by the time I got to the chopper so nothing stood out.
(i hate tarantino... only movie i watched was kill bill nd it sucked 
Not sure if you can comment on Tarantino if you've only seen part 1 of a 2 part movie and haven't seen his classics. (Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction) :scratch:
Not saying he's the god of all movie makers but damn he chooses some good music. :cool2: But if you've found something cool, that's the main thing.

Oh and as Cheetah points out, no readme, no version numbers, no advertising pics.  :dry:

I've got a busy week so I won't be able to look at any updates til the weekend.  :whistle:

Cheers
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v04
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jul 2007, 01:18:46 »
@ cheetah

package

i added readme now ;)... but i never cud understand a advertising pics part... wat use r they ? how shud they look  :dunno:  ???

Overview

added border

Mission

removed da hints and got da objectives 2 tick off :D
i also removed da beeping

First, the voices in the Angel cutscene are too fast. I can't read all of the voices towards the end, please fix this it's kind of annoying

u mean da side radio after mandoble is dead ? nything else ?

i also made it easier 2 find ur hiding pos (now u need 2 b at 50 M distance 2 move on :D)

also if u can give me ur opinion about the cutscenes it cud b nice :D

@ MrN

thx 4 da briefing help... ill update my briefin on next ver :D  :-*

I did hear a chopper land but I thought it was the insertion chopper. There were a lot of dead bodies around by the time I got to the chopper so nothing stood out.

do u think i shud add a hint bout that ?

I've got a busy week so I won't be able to look at any updates til the weekend

weekend its near... nd if u dont test it right now itll give me som time 2 rest ;) :D

@ tarantino : i watched both kill bills... didnt like both  :P  :D

LCD OUT

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jul 2007, 01:23:51 »
Pulp Fiction is cool, but that's my opinion of course.

About pictures, take a look at the Fida'i review. One images was used (overview image) in the review itself and I took a screenshot to accompany the newspost on the frontpage. There, two advertising pictures. Get it?

I mean the text in the cutscenes, when the enemy spoils all the sniper fun. Like the cutscenes by the way, the style and humor it cool. Keep it up  :good:
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jul 2007, 23:09:57 »
Hello LCD

Haven't finished your mission yet due to lack of time. I like your mission very much. :good: It has atmosphere  . . . very good enemy placements in my opinion. especially on the main road close to the 1st objective.
This time I figured a pretty fast way to close on the house where my target's supposed to be located. I headed up the main road went to the ruins to my left I proceeded straight ahead entered the 2nd house, after the heap of ruins, to my right and went out on the mainroad. Unseen by enemy so far . . . no single shot fired. From this point I start sniping any target I can see . . . I have pretty good cover but I'm stuck. All former attempts to proceed in stealth without engaging the enemy failed. i proceed carefully. I cleaned the area around the target but I found already some dead corpse. I guess it was my Guardian Angel. Well   . . . entered the house  and a nice cutscene appears.  First time I saw in AA a soldier jumping the wall. LOL

well I took the car to close on my next objective. Next cutscene and I was on foot. ( Maybe you should lock the vehicle if you're not suppose to use it)
That's where I am so far.

No bugs encountered so far at least not until the first objective is completed.
I did not see any error message
Helo Insertion is very smooth now, no case of injuries suffered. Even when the chopper nearly touches the ground and I exit I didn't suffer any injuries that's where in the former versions I always got hurt. It depends where you indicate your insertion points with the on map click I guess.

But most of the time the parachute insertion works fine.

Tested version 0.3
Aahh see the new version . . . downloading now.

Observation:  You should add some radiofiles to the text and it would add some more atmosphere to an already good mission. I see you like Ennio Morricone. :whistle:
 It's amazing to see how much heavier to download the file gets  as soon as you you add some music into the mission  . . . from few kilobyte  to 3 MG over a flip of a coin.
Keep up the good work. :good:
Stay tuned
nettrucker :D

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jul 2007, 08:58:15 »
LCD, I'm bummed!  This mission looks really cool (especially because it stars ME as the Human), but the intro crashes for me during the intro.

I tried 4 times, and it crashes to desktop for me during the first sniper shot in the intro.

I have version 1.08, and don't have this crash problem with other missions...very strange.

Anyway, I really like what little I saw:
- Cool LCD Productions cell
- ME as the star!
- Ennio Moricone music (always super-cool)
- Cool slow mo

But, crash to desktop...anybody have a guess why?
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 05 Jul 2007, 10:37:16 »
Hello johnnyboy

I'm playing with version 1.08. Never experienced any CTD with this mission. Do you have any 3rd partie addons in your addon folder? In case yes try to remove them temporarily and see if it's still crashes.
cheers
nettrucker :D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v05
« Reply #26 on: 05 Jul 2007, 18:56:47 »
@ cheetah - i belive you ;) :D and ill add dis pics on next verion ok

@ nettrucker - check out da new version ;) :D da filed seemed 2 shrink again... wierd

@ johnnyboy - donno wat happened... prooly a bad addon or somtin

somting 2 look 4... dis mision have had bad accident... i barly saved it so if u notice nything wierd (2 soldiers or 2 objects standin on da same position) report 2 me

LCD OUT

Offline nettrucker

• Members
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel v055
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jul 2007, 22:54:27 »
Yo LCD

get yourself some Voice actors and implement the radiofiles that they can also be heard. Then the mission will be perfect. i could do this but I'm European and don't have much of an american accent. If you could get some american voice actors I could help out with the sound editing in case you need it. Maybe you're capable on your own I don't know. That's the only thing I'm missing. For the rest it's a dood mission.
Stay tuned
nettrucker :clap:

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #28 on: 09 Jul 2007, 11:51:15 »
Hi LCD, i had to stop playing after 15 minutes...here are my first small notes,

really nice briefing with kind of dark picture...supports the text

The intro really blew me away..very nice, I'll have to take a look how things are done:P;)

a backbutton at the Gen. Benitez briefing
same for intel rep, spec. eq and detailed brief

typo: special Equpment on top of that page

cool insertion (maybe instead of insertation...dunno really i'm not english;))

as i said i didn't got too far for now, but i like the mission style and i'm expecting a nice little plot here:D

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #29 on: 09 Jul 2007, 14:13:30 »