Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Guardian Angel  (Read 18369 times)

Offline Nixer6

• Members
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v065
« Reply #45 on: 14 Jul 2007, 17:36:31 »
Well I got as far as the officer landing at the camp via heli. Died again......

I don't hate the heli inserion  :no:......I just wonder what's up with that jumpy and slow 360 deg turn the heli does before moving out to the insertion point?? I opted to land instead of para in, worked great.

The voices seem kinda low in volume to me also.
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #46 on: 14 Jul 2007, 21:56:03 »
I just wonder what's up with that jumpy and slow 360 deg turn the heli does before moving out to the insertion point??

its me fightin da crapy choper AI  ::) it seems da choper wont take sharp turns by itself so i had 2 script it doin dat  >:(

The voices seem kinda low in volume to me also.

very low ? or just a lil bit ???

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline firecontrol

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 15 Jul 2007, 03:47:20 »
Others have reported plenty of spelling mistakes, so I'll not pay attention to those. :)
There were some glaring grammar mistakes though, such as "Be weary of your six", sic. I think you mean "Be wary of your six"? I digress...

Overview

Nice, concise, no problems.

Intro

Love this intro. Only problems I saw were BIS related, you did one hell of a job forcing the AI to do what you wanted though.

Briefing

Who could ask for more. Information out the wazoo.

Mission

Well, the first part went smooth enough, apart from the super slow helo insertion (I understand this though as the AI, particularly pilots, are a mother to control.) Took out some infantry, moved into the building, enjoyed the little cutscene. I like how you made him jump off the ledge! Tried to steal a 4x4 to drive to the extraction point... too hot! lol. Made me use some bandages, which brings up another point...

I broke your medipack. I haven't looked at the script, but I think when you use the "Heal Completely" action, it uses a set number of bandages. If you don't have enough, it goes ahead and gives you negative bandages, so I could heal myself as many times as I wanted from then on. Checking it with something like "bandages == 0" ?... maybe use bandages <= 0 to remove the action.

On to Cedras... I like the computer hacking deal, took me a couple tries to figure out. So then I clear the whole village out.... and... nothing. :( I never saw an officer, never got a message that I killed him either. I checked each dead body a couple times. I even took the helo on a little sight seeing tour. Nada. :( I went to the extraction point... nada. So I was forced to quit. Can't continue.

Debriefing/Outro

Unknown.

Summary

I love what you've done with scripts. The plot and the voices are a bit hard to follow, a la "This doesn't feel right...I wouldn't defend a leader like that." radio message that popped up randomly? I didn't know what it was eluding to.. I was just crawling around at the time and didn't see anything.

Anyway, apart from not finding that tricky officer in Cedras, I enjoyed the mission. (I really don't like the whole lone-wolf spec-op night mission kinda thing though, but that's completely personal taste, nothing wrong with a mission like this.) Keep up the good work, I will have to reverse engineer some of your scripts if that's ok. :) If I use/modify anything I'll definately credit you. Nicely done so far LCD!

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #48 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:23:00 »
you did one hell of a job forcing the AI to do what you wanted though

didnt force em 2 do anythin :D dey liked da intro so much da practicly voluntered 2 do it right ;)

@ bandages : da heal completly checks how many bandages u need and uses dem... im lookin into it :D

@ Cedras : da officer is dere, in da middle of town... if u get close enough u shud have an action added 2 u sayin search body... i just cant think how 2 hint more 2 his position....

a la "This doesn't feel right...I wouldn't defend a leader like that." radio message that popped up randomly? I didn't know what it was eluding to.. I was just crawling around at the time and didn't see anything.

it just da players feeling... and den it confirms when da whole place turns out 2 b a trap (u r suposed 2 get da mesage b4 u get into da explodin house

I will have to reverse engineer some of your scripts if that's ok

sure it is... just tell me what u do so i can use da new versions too ;)

LCD OUT

[edit]

I updeted 2 newer version... raised da radio sounds by a bit and made it easier 2 find da officer (i think)
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2007, 08:08:12 by LCD »

Offline Dash5

• Members
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v066
« Reply #49 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:16:08 »
I finished the mission today. I like it. I got one error right after Mandoble was whacked: script randomwp.sqs not found. Pretty much everything else has already been mentioned.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #50 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:20:08 »
@ Dash5

what version did u play ? i think i fixed dat bug in da v066...

also did you have hard time finding da officer ???

LCD OUT

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 15 Jul 2007, 23:36:15 »
Ok got v .066

I only got as far as the first town at the docks. They are Killin me LCD.  :D (I was in too much of a hurry)

Intro works great now. Sniper fires just one shot....and El Prezs chopper died   :clap:

Sorry I didn't get any farther yet....voices that I have heard sound better though.

Offline Dash5

• Members
« Reply #52 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:37:15 »
@ Dash5

what version did u play ? i think i fixed dat bug in da v066...

also did you have hard time finding da officer ???

LCD OUT

Oops, yeah I played 0.61... I didn't have any trouble with it as far as difficulty, and the officer was right where the map said he was.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #53 on: 16 Jul 2007, 06:35:39 »
OK everybody da mision is seems 2 b goin well enough... but can anyone finish it as the Angel ??? (the sniper)... i just wanna make sure his part is working good also :D

thx 4 da info dash5  :cool2:

@ nixer6

lol... u just jhave 2 b careful about dis... nd u will get it over....

alsoif u want a hint... try 2 insert and attack from da west (near da lighthouse...) da sniper is more likely 2 kill alot of ppl if u go from dat side ;) :D

LCD OUT

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #54 on: 17 Jul 2007, 19:32:41 »
The first time that I see anything about the sniper is after I am heading for extraction.

Prior to that, I get some very weak (still) radio messages about the general. Is it just my tired old ears or are they realy low volume?

Still trying to get past the base with the officer who flys in via heli.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v07 - Last Beta B4 review
« Reply #55 on: 18 Jul 2007, 23:24:56 »
Last version at last... im gonna give dis version a week please give it whirl and tell me wutsup :D

check da credits 2 tell me if i forgot ya kk ?

have fun :D

and thx 2 all betaers and voice actors helprs and oder ppl and OFPEC da kooles site in da www

LCD OUT

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v07 - Last Beta B4 review
« Reply #56 on: 20 Jul 2007, 17:08:54 »
Regular, V1.08 FDFSounds, Truview ModOverview:Intro:Briefing:aOutro:Conclusion.
but can anyone finish it as the Angel (the sniper)... i just wanna make sure his part is working good also
I've missed something here then.  :blink:
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v075 - Last Beta B4 review - updated
« Reply #57 on: 20 Jul 2007, 23:42:59 »
U da king MrN... I luv u man :D  :-*

Overview....

im leaving da pic... i hate takin pics :D
Fixed da typo :D

Intro

Use anims :D and a lot of try and change  :D

Fixed typos

where exactly ?

Mision

Fixed da typos

The chopper seems to be moving in slow-mo now.

Cause i fight it 2 do well

On my assault of the town an unarmed man ran right past me heading from the way I came towards the town. So I shot him anyway.

Both men got into da water and had deir weapons removed by dat... dats BISs fault

Locked da vulcan :P

Added hint indicationg da change in ur escape point

Added weapon on da ground near u after Mandoble is dead

Changed da surrender tingy into a cutscene

Fixed bug in a script

Outro

Fixed

Conclusion

Im keepin da switches... :P

But i did change da surender thingy

I've missed something here then.

if you hack da comp in da second base... ull get option 2 change character later in mision

thx again d00d :D

LCD OUT

[edit] I updated newer version :D
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2007, 23:44:35 by LCD »

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #58 on: 21 Jul 2007, 01:29:21 »
Another new version....and I was almost done (I think)  :cool2:

Ok I'll start all over again. Really hard to add anything to Mr N's extremely detailed review.

The good stuff outweighs the bad stuff in this mission.....that's for sure.  :good:

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #59 on: 21 Jul 2007, 11:44:41 »
where exactly ?
Under Misc voices, it looks like it should be 2 lines.

Changed da surrender tingy into a cutscene
Good

if you hack da comp in da second base... ull get option 2 change character later in mision
Ok, are there any clues about it though? I don't remember seeing anything.

Cheers

:cool2:

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.