Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Guardian Angel  (Read 18384 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v075 - Last Beta B4 review - updated
« Reply #60 on: 21 Jul 2007, 22:32:32 »
@ MrN

seems 2 b a prob w/ da stringtable... i donno if i can put a new lin in da middle of it ???

also deres no clues 4 da hack tingy (even tho i did add one in da readme :D)... exept da objective of findin more info... lets say its not hard 2 find if u search inside da buildings in da base :P

:D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #61 on: 22 Jul 2007, 00:17:51 »
lets say its not hard 2 find if u search inside da buildings in da base
Fair enough but you maybe need to put a clue in somewhere about having to search the buildings, or if you did I missed it.

:)

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #62 on: 22 Jul 2007, 00:30:50 »
deres no clue :P

u probably right and dere shud b 1... but it seems dat ppl do find da comp (at least i had som1 emailing me his beta tests and he found it) but he cant seem 2 succed in da hacking game... i need som1 2 tell me if its dat hard ? or if he didnt understand da instructions (english being his second language)

also does ny1 have da savegame radio disapearing after a load ???

LCD OUT

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #63 on: 22 Jul 2007, 04:09:28 »
Until I fix my mouse or get a new one I will not advance pretty much in this mission  :P
But it has a quite good intro  :clap:, I would suggest you to preload cameras for the intro, so the textures are ready when they must be ready  ;)

@preloadCamera getPos "mk_preload_position1"
@preloadCamera getPos "mk_preload_position3"
@preloadCamera getPos "mk_preload_position3"

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP] Guardian Angel - v08 - hopefully Last Beta B4 review
« Reply #64 on: 22 Jul 2007, 22:11:01 »
after playing with da preloadcamera... i can say dis comand sucks and 4 it 2 work fine i need 2 add something like a minute 2 my intro... im not gonna use it 2 much... i tried 2 fix couple of places where it really m ade da intro look horribale... but da rest stays :P

also fixed a couple of oder small bugs

new version uploaded of course

LCD OUT

Offline Gizzy

• Members
« Reply #65 on: 23 Jul 2007, 00:26:47 »
Hi everybody!
This is my first post and I post it here to thank LCD for his beautiful mission.
I mailed LCD about this mission because I cannot register before today.

I am a big fan of Arma and I would like to thank you all for your engagement doing missions  .
You are very generouses in spending your time to let people like me enjoy the game with quality missions.

If all of you want I will be glad to be a tester of your missions in order to exchange your work.

I apologize for my english... :-[

see you

S!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #66 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:14:31 »
:welcome: Gizzy!

We're glad you could finally get in. We apologize for it taking this long..
I'm sure you'll find this place friendly and cosy, and the more the merrier :)
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2007, 11:17:20 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #67 on: 23 Jul 2007, 18:20:48 »
Ok I finally finished it.  :clap:

Loved it LCD.

The extraction point was changed to getting in the RACS MH6 that was sitting at base. I got in as pilot and then what????  :scratch:

When I started the engine and lifted off...there was a script error....zero divisor error  soemthing like grp - grp|#| select yada yada.

I didn't know what to do next so I flew to the original extraction point...got captured and saved by the Angel.

Had to shoot alot of bad guys to win this one.  :cool2:

The hacking thing was cool but I got detected and it quit working. Did I screw up or is that how it works?
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline Gizzy

• Members
« Reply #68 on: 23 Jul 2007, 21:48:03 »
My first review (or After action report....boh)
Please be kind and try to understand my english that is all but far from being english.

My persoal opinion is that this mission is really well thought an well structured with a lot of suspence.
Unltil the end you think that your HQ want to let you down.
The objectives are well put and the enemy too and when you are near the camp with the tanks on the beach they try to catch you from the sides.
I used a lot of patience to win.
All has already being told on the intro and the Morricone music
The mission was tested with insert point from lighthouse, church and the main street of the village.
My option here is from the main street.
Found two vocal easter eggs.  :yes:
Weapons used for the test:
Default loadout (Not used very much because the silenced magazines are hard to find from the dead)
M4A1 M203 ACOG (My best choice in all missions. The stealth thing for me is not always true in ARMA. When you shoot always all the world runs to you).
MP5SD (great weapon for stealh but to fast to go out of ammo)
M16A4 ACOG with M203.
In this test I used M16A4 ACOG with M203 (when near out of ammo I took magazines from the deads)

No problem found.
The only problem but not a mission bug ,I think, is that the radio with the save option disappeared after the first cut scene when I was saved by the angel.
With this new version the radio disappeared without reloading the mision, but here, for me, is a bonus.
In the new intro the angel don't shoot but the HMMWV driver dies.  :scratch:

Insert point at the beach and followed a path to the gas station and than the street.
When the street marks a turn gone prone and hide near the house on my left.
I saw the first guards. The fight begins.
The sniper do its job and I waited untill the most part of the enemy soldier are died by the sniper or by me.
From this position I control the whole street and the enemies have only that street to come to me. :good:
Than I go to the house and had the cut scene of the jump that, for me, worth the mission. :clap:
Folowed the orders and exited near the water to the way of the extraction point.
Cut scene.
Here the radio from the map is gone and no more save options. (Even without reloading the mission just after the little film).
Checked the body and I have had evaded well because no vulcan and no patrol coming to me (or I did not see them).
I went west to the beach near the sea and continued to the little gulf where there is no obstacle to enter the base.
When I tried other way I had no joy because during the fight I had bad sight for the grass.
Using the sand dune as cover I killed the driver of the tanks (If you use MP5 they have the ammo for you).
Another fight begins, but here I had a lot of patience because my back is covered by the sea and I had the position on my own
to look in front of me and at my left and right, killing everything that moves.
When the calm return, prone, I went to the tanks and put the C4.
And always prone returned to my old position near the sea.
When I saw a couple of soldier near the tanks I detonated the C4 to let the enemy number go down.
Always prone new fight while searching for the officer (pay attention! somtime he has a group protecting him) :o
Killed the officer and checked his body.
Objective complete
Now waited a few minutes to see if somebody was still alive... and begun to search for the computer.
Before entering the computer room I saved and tried the hack.
I made 7 - 8 hara kiri because I wanted to crack it! (I always had problem cracking it). :weeping:
Now I understood how to do the hack and started tracking the ammo box with M24.
I had a little fight with a couple of survivors in the base.
Near the area of the M24 box great fight with a patrol squad.
I took the M24 and waited.
Cut scene
I finally choose to play as the angel (for the hacking thing always played as the human).
cut scene
Killed Mandoble with one shot one kill (great touch give the wind speed and direction)  :cool2:
I evaded the squad searching me and go to my tent.
Rearmed some magazines and follow the new orders.
I found the camp where the human is and after a little fight I was ready to free him.
I was in a bad position because the tent was in my LOS and I had to be accurate not shooting the prisoner.
DONE!
BRAVO LCD!

Note:
The hardest part is when the vulcan come to you. You have to be really stealth or to kill an AT soldier and stole the bazooka to kill the vulcan.
The end as the Human for me is more hard than the end as the Angel.
I had an error message "ordering true division by zero" whe I was near the truck in the garage and an enemy came to me from my left. But I think that this is due to the fact that I alt tabbed a couple of time to let my video card be cold (Very hot here and the pc heat very much) (to be virified but I think that that was the problem - I mean some variable has lost its content. another explanation could be that using the in game save and reload I lost variable content as LCD explains in the notes of the mission).

S!
G.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #69 on: 23 Jul 2007, 23:32:03 »
@ nixer6 : are you sure the extraction point was changed to RACS MH ???  :blink: it shud stay at the same place it was before and then you get cought... did it say in the briefinjg 2 go dere  ???  :blink: its just so... disturbing

u can try to hack only one time... ur not suposed 2 b detected if you kill all enemies before :P

@ Gizzy

luv ur english d00d  :D  :-*

how many times did you use the savegame options before it disapeared ? cuz deres a save limit to 3...

also can you watch intro again... da sniper is suposed to shoot  :confused:

thx both 4 beta testing that

LCD OUT

Offline Gizzy

• Members
« Reply #70 on: 24 Jul 2007, 00:51:40 »
Hi,
I used the saveoption in the radio only once, before going in the house where the officer should be before the jump and the explosion.
If nobody else has signaled the problem but only me don't get crazy to solve it, I say again here is a bonus for me I don't have to call for extraction...

I watched the intro a few times:

First time: the HMMWV starts its course but stop almost immediately whitout the shoot
Second time happened what MrN said:
"First shot on the hill hits the ridge, driver still dies".
Not seen a clear shoot... but it will come if I see it again.
I think is how the intro is loaded.

difference between version 075 and 08:

The texture now load immediately at the beginning of the intro.
The texture with Mandoble shooting the two civilians now take a long time to load for the buildings and Mandoble starts standing up after go on his knee or sometimes go prone. But this was in the 075 too. The intro in this part is not always the same
Could be only a problem of mine I don't want to take you in the wrong way.

I don't want to think at what will be "guardian demon"... :clap:

S!
G.

« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2007, 01:47:07 by Gizzy »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #71 on: 24 Jul 2007, 01:55:49 »
@ gizzy

I dont like dat whole savepoint disapearing thing... this thing is crazy... but i cant fix stuff i cant find... it does seem that a variable just disapears when your comp loads/saves... this thing is strange  :blink:

as 4 da intro.... da sniper shot thingy is already fixed on my comp ;) :D

but da thing w/ mandoble happens on my comp since da 1st version... he doesnt seem 2 wanna stay standing  :( nothing i can do about it...

as 4 guardian demon... im still planning it... but im sure its gonna have a classic face-off between the Angel and the Human resaulting in just one of them staying alive  :cool2:

LCD OUT

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #72 on: 24 Jul 2007, 02:29:39 »
I dont like dat whole savepoint disapearing thing... this thing is crazy... but i cant fix stuff i cant find... it does seem that a variable just disapears when your comp loads/saves... this thing is strange
FWIW I've experienced this in Dyna War, I'm guessing (no testing to confirm) that changing radio messages (in my case chaging the number of savegames) screws it up. Instead of using the radio in the map screen you can still use 0-0-1 generally.

he doesnt seem 2 wanna stay standing
From what I've read this could be to do with the civilian FSM, so there's no way round it, it's hard coded in the game.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #73 on: 24 Jul 2007, 02:35:12 »
@ MrN

im also changin the number... if you say its still useable then its ok... not perfect but ok :D

and bout the civie... nothing i cud do bout it :P

btw do u wanna appear in my next mision (in a similar way 2 how mandoble appeared ?)

also ill test ur mision tomoz :D  :cool2: im a lil tired of spec ops misions right now... :P

@ gizzy

btw i forgot

WELCOME 2 OFPEC

LCD OUT

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #74 on: 24 Jul 2007, 02:40:30 »
btw do u wanna appear in my next mision (in a similar way 2 how mandoble appeared ?)
I'm honoured.  :D

But, only if I'm standing up.  :dry: