Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 1949 - Soviets in America???  (Read 8386 times)

Sophion

Re:1949 - Soviets in America???
« Reply #45 on: 20 Dec 2004, 15:36:40 »
Well... because i'm American.  ;D

well... unless the Soviets have some big oil plant hidden somewhere that they could use for many years, then the middle east is a good spot to get allies

mattmayhem

« Reply #46 on: 20 Dec 2004, 17:32:34 »
Why not have the invasion in the 1960s or 70s, giving the soviets enough time to build up after WW2.

Sophion

« Reply #47 on: 20 Dec 2004, 20:47:13 »
that would be too late for the Soviets to attack, NATO, SEATO, OAS, and UN would have been created by then (I know, the UN was made after WWII, but it took real effect during this time). They could try, but i'm sure a presedint like JFK would talk many nations into comming to US aid.

Tomasz

« Reply #48 on: 20 Dec 2004, 21:03:39 »
True :wave:

Tomasz

Sophion

« Reply #49 on: 20 Dec 2004, 21:43:28 »
hmm... as you said in the begaining, "...D-Day was a failure" This would have to be addressed to the Americans wouldn't it.

*clears throught*

My American Brothers and Sisters,

Efforts that was exersised this morning, have failed. The sad morning of June, two days previous, cost many lives wich fought for freedom. The invasion of Normandy, France has been claimed a defeat. Our commanders have pulled back to the sancuary island of Great Britain. But, the Island is not expected to stay safe for much more than two weeks. The Battle of Britan will be once again, fought. Americans, this threat cannot be overlooked by our nation. Our fellow allies is in a danger to which we must answer. America needs you to take up arms. Great Britan, Aulstrilia, France, Poland, Norway, Finland, the Czecks, Egypt needs you to help save them.

This is a time to prove that America is nation to be dealt with in seriousness, let us not let our nation fall because we did not try to stop the same threat. Let us not let our way of Freedom fall because we did not attemp to stop the same threat that stares us in the eyes today. Let us not give our Sons and Duaghters a life to be dispised due for our sluggish feet. Let us not, Let us not, Let us not. Do nothing.

Matt Walter

« Reply #50 on: 21 Dec 2004, 02:04:11 »
The only peroblem with having this right after-around ww2 is the russians have a very small navy (i think) and don't have time to rebuild. And about not taking plae in the 60s or 70s because of the UN...i think the UN was formed in 1944...if not, it was 1945. Also if it takes place in the 60s-70s, china could help, and maybe even N. korea, it would even the odds. And china would probably pull up a draft... that army would be BIG! ...even the odds a little.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #51 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:49:32 »
If Russia not having a navys a problem, heres an idea. What if, when Russia defeated the Germans in 1945, they captured nearly every german battleship, submarine and PT boat they could lay they're hands on. Then they have a big navy and a big army.  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Matt Walter

« Reply #52 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:40:56 »
I think we sank like the whole german navy before 1945 so they had not much left...but we can change history if we really need to. Also a front that everyone is forgeting is the italian front, was in right before of after d-day, the US and UK invaded italy, how do we get past that? ...the germans push them off maybe?
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2004, 21:41:30 by Matt Walter »

Tomasz

« Reply #53 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:57:36 »
It is clear that Monty and Patton were competing for the laurs. Lets say Monty made a coup on Patton which the Italians used and encircled the British forces on the mainland.

British forces would be sloughtered, and Patton would have to, from political reasons, wait for new British units before entering Rome. Quite a delay isnt it? :o

Tomasz

Sophion

« Reply #54 on: 27 Dec 2004, 22:25:31 »
The wait would not be in vain... the US would have sent 200,000 more men after the successful landing at Normandy... were would the men go :hint:

Matt Walter

« Reply #55 on: 20 Jan 2005, 03:59:29 »
ok, lets say the allies loose D-day and something crazy happens at italy, Russia then takes over all of europe (exept switzerland- try to get an army throught those mountains  ;) ) The tentions between Russia and the allies begains when Russia does not let France be an independent nation. Since Russia would have taken all of Germany, they would have all the sceintest up for grabs, so the USSR would build an a- bomb not to much later after the US. The Allies would have countrol of Japan, the middle east, some asian countries around india, the philipeens, and most of africa. When china goes communist China and russia could try to push as much allies as they can off asia and africa (they would do this after some of the allies are demobleizized. While this happens, North Korea can invade South. The Communist hope to spread the allies too thing. Lets say the Communist and the Allies sign a truce with russia on the winning side. The allies then let japan have an military and load the there remaning land in asia and africa with troops. The communists would see the main country in the Japan-UK-American alliance would be america of corse. If they take over America, the world would be theres. So there plan begains...

...so what do you think?  ;D

There may be many flaws but it makes it so the UN and Nato never are formed.
I think making it a 60's or 70's campaign would be really cool, but that is just me. It would give time for the Russians to rebuild after WW2. And there are already U.S. 60s-70s units. Although Chinese, Russian, Japanese, and British 60s-70s units would have to be made... there is the advantage of a 40s-50s campagin...all we would need is Chinese units.  ;)

Sophion

« Reply #56 on: 22 Jan 2005, 17:59:21 »
thats a very scary though... the NAZIs was building a deltawing much like the B2 (actually the B2 was made from its plans but don't tell anyone i said that) that could carry the payload of the Nagasaki A-bomb.

AND, could reach New York from Paris, don't know if it could come back but i know it could reach it.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2005, 18:01:40 by Sophion-Black »

Matt Walter

« Reply #57 on: 31 Jan 2005, 23:00:19 »
ok, it seems we have got a background, know what about the campaign... is this going to be a 50s campaign or 70s or even modern. Were is the campaign going to take place and all the other important information. Why I bring this up is because no one has responded in like 9 days.

Tomasz

« Reply #58 on: 01 Feb 2005, 17:30:06 »
I go for some sort of an island. We could be a support part of a much bigger operation. Invasions of big superpowers tend to include millions of troops. We dont want that in the campaign.

I suggest creating a bomober support on the pacific in terms of the Ouahu island.

Quick three day operation with many twists and all. :P

Tomasz

Matt Walter

« Reply #59 on: 03 Feb 2005, 02:57:56 »
Tomasz is right about the millions of troops, but it could take place on U.S. soil. For example, lets say the russians attack an area that is not very populated with troops. Lets say in the 100s. The Russians would have 1000s in the area. So your out numbered troops have  to fight of the russians... reinforcements can't arive right away because the russians have invade sucsefully lots of beaches...or something like that.  ;)