Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 1949 - Soviets in America???  (Read 8383 times)

Tomasz

Re:1949 - Soviets in America???
« Reply #15 on: 09 Dec 2004, 21:16:01 »
So after WW1, the USSR has shifted itself on maximum productivity of a suprior naval force. They built battleships, destroyers, carriers, cruisrers, and used all the brains in germany to get all those tech advances: new tanks chassys, tank armours, new guns, projectiles, new engine technology, air land and sea warfare doctrines superior from the old ones due to the new available technology.

Since WW2 never happened, the European demography never collapsed and the US never curled out of their isolation policy, although their economy was booming and their navy was growing too ( from the fear of the Russians )

Now in order to even think about the US, USSR needs a supply base like US had England in 1944.

I propose central America. Massive Soviet convoys would stretch to central america in order to "help" the nicaraguan communist gov fight honduras. The carribean sea has to be controlled by USSR.

Now find some ideas where we can invade an island ::) :P

Tomasz

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #16 on: 09 Dec 2004, 21:20:19 »
Why not somewhere like the carrabein (sp?) or the Guada islands? They're in between Russia and America.  :P
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Tomasz

« Reply #17 on: 09 Dec 2004, 21:27:10 »
Mayby the New Orleans mississippi delta?

Tomasz

bored_onion

« Reply #18 on: 09 Dec 2004, 21:43:00 »
quote from greg147:
communist jews attempt to take control of the depressed country

did they? its just that im studying this in history and i know that the communist spartacists tried to seize power but im not sure they were jews - that may have been one of the rumours spread by the Nazis in 1932 when they began 'removing' communist paramilitary members but im pretty sure it wasnt just communist jews

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 09 Dec 2004, 21:57:46 »
Ah, well if your studying it, your probebly right.   ;)
I got that bit of info from a TV series about hitler, and how he came to power and all that. It basically went on about how 'communist jews' (As I thought I heard it) went about destroying German war statues and tried to get into politics.
 But I may have got that completely wrong and made a complete dumbass out of myself   :-[

Either way, it doesn't matter. It sounds like they're going with the Navy idea  ::)
RAAB

Tomasz

« Reply #20 on: 10 Dec 2004, 11:01:38 »
Well you need the navy to even think about crossing the atlantic with a couple of million men.

Tomasz

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 10 Dec 2004, 17:04:22 »
Yep. You do. But that wasn't my point. My point was that you asked for help in a storyline after hitler was killed, then just used your idea as if nobody had said anything.  ::)

But it doesn't matter. Its your mission, and you know how its ment to go   ;)
RAAB

Tomasz

« Reply #22 on: 10 Dec 2004, 18:05:51 »
 :-[ Sos for that, got carried away :P.

Right now you can follow, ill just comment. No more ideas from me :-X for the moment.

Plus there is still a lot to add.

Tomasz

Matt Walter

« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2004, 17:41:52 »
I just read the beganing part and skipped a bunch so if i seem a little out of what is going on, that is why.

I while back, i had an idea that the soviet union invaded the U.S. after the vietnam war. (not to much people responded) If someone could make soviet 70s units, it would work....since US vietnam units would work. After the vietnam war, the US army was looked down apon and many people though america was not the world power it used to be.... so that is why the USSR could invade... this time with the help from cuba..because castro is in power now....
...just an idea, i had more about it that i remember, if you like the idea, i can say more.  ;)

Tomasz

« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2004, 20:15:39 »
How would u solve the USSR supply shipments and where would you set up a supply base? Where would you want to attack the US? How would you make it a non-atomic scenario?

Cuba turned out to be a bad place in my idea. It's too small to support any kind of force concentration and is too easy to assault from the US.

The best spot I found was central America, but to be able to even concentrate the Red Army there, USSR would need to achieve supremacy at sea, which with their economy in comparison with the US is impossible.

If taking facts into account, USSR was only a superpower due to its nuclear deposits and would never stand a confrontation with the US mainly from a technological, military experiance, morale level, and economic points of view.

That's the reason why I decided to change the history 30years before the conflict to give a chance ( a coincidence chance) to the USSR, with their ambitions to land in the US.

:gunman:

Tomasz

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2004, 20:25:28 »
Oh, and BTW, the closest i've seen to 70's russians, is either the ones that come with the game (1985), or the ones that come with the campaign "Life story" by spanky G (1955).
RAAB

Matt Walter

« Reply #26 on: 11 Dec 2004, 22:12:06 »
...so this is a 70's campaign...groovy.... ok it's not a good joke.  :(  .The biggest problem with this campaign is te map! which map will you use. you could use a map and "say" it's america but that is a cheap way out, but if that is the only way out and you can get it to work, it would be great.  ;)

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: 12 Dec 2004, 09:33:31 »
Some guy was making a California island, but its not finished yet.

Hey, i've had an idea. If WW2 never happened, Japan wouldn't have taken the risk of attacking Pearl Harbour, so they would still be waiting for America to go to war with someone so they could attack. You could make it so Japan allys with Russia, and then Japan makes a move to destroy the US navy, whilst Russia invades................... (the island which we havn't thought of yet)
RAAB

Tomasz

« Reply #28 on: 12 Dec 2004, 11:29:58 »
Japan could make an invasion on Ouahu, and secure the island :o, destroying the enire US fleet.

Tomasz

Matt Walter

« Reply #29 on: 12 Dec 2004, 20:33:42 »
Japan and Russia would never ally. Since the little war they had in the 1900s, they both had a negative view of the other. After the war (ww2 that is) russia built up there navy, and if we are changing history for russia to plan this invation, they could be building there pasific fleet for... how many years. Also, i forget who said it, the thing about russia countroling central america was not a bad idea. Since russia would be planning this invation for a while, the could have time to do this, for example, they would supply rebles who support russia and the communist ways.  ;)