Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Band of Brothers  (Read 5994 times)

Tomasz

Band of Brothers
« on: 14 Aug 2004, 18:22:37 »
Hey mates,

What do u think about making the BofB campaign strictly based on the movie series. What I mean is 10maga long tough full of atmosphere missions.

Lets put the player into the screen of the movie!
 ;)

cheers

Tomasz

OrangeLeader

Re:Band of Brothers
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2004, 07:41:02 »
I think the idea is great. Many of the WW2 mod player would love it. Go for it.

Cpt. Red Nain

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:18:56 »
every BOB episode? including the training camp in curahee, the part in england and the discovery of the camp (perhaps the best episode  :'()? ? ? Or only the "shooting" ones?

Tomasz

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2004, 15:19:54 »
All of them

Tomasz

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2004, 01:51:16 »
i don't want to shoot down your idea, m8s, but the question of legality has come up recently, so you might want to 'modify' the name. I'm pretty sure that the BofB is registered or a TM and that probably won't go over too well with any Hollywood loons ::).

Now, I think that the whole BofB think would be awsome, and granted there was not a half million sodding addons ::) :P, then I would download it ;D

go for it  :thumbsup:
cheers,
Tyger
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2004, 04:00:14 »
I have serious doubts that anyone can prevent anyone else from using the phrase 'Band Of Brothers'.

Its a phrase that was in use long before the film was ever thought about.

EDIT:  Band of Brothers, comes from a speech delivered by Henry V of England before the Battle of Agincourt in William Shakespeare's Henry V  Act IV, Scene 3:

Planck
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2004, 04:17:52 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2004, 03:15:50 »
like i said, m8,
MIGHT :)
As long as you think you can get away w/ it.
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2004, 06:17:41 »
BoB is probably one of the only film (yeh it's a series but it should have been an extra long film instead - it was just too good for tv) that i think could be pulled off with our oh-so-limited OFP engine although ull need a lot of wrp making.

If ur gonna do this the episode with the tank hiding in a building or bush has to be done perfectly, i loved that so much.

remember only loosely base it on the film unless ur going for pure cinematic awe inspiring quality.

hope u do well, i can see this sucking majorly as most film (i know) based mods do. please do it properly im begging you. ill do the cutscenes if ya give me working links to all the addons if ya wqant.

Lean Bear

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2004, 17:30:07 »
Sounds like I great idea to me ;)

although ull need a lot of wrp making

To save the hassle of making loads of "islands" for almost each episode/mission. You could just do one big one (Tonal size) with loads of the scenes on one island.

You could have the base at England on one side of the map and a French town on the other. It would still be the same island.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2004, 19:29:29 »
If you were gonna do that u'd have to make sure there where triggers around the AO to stop u roaming into old areas.

Lean Bear

« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2004, 19:32:44 »
True. Lots of BIS missions have that. But the AO's might be so far apart that it would take ages to get there.

Reloaded_1

« Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2004, 19:30:11 »
Should we wait for Invasion 44- full to come out?

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2004, 22:06:47 »
If you were gonna do that u'd have to make sure there where triggers around the AO to stop u roaming into old areas.

why not seperate them all in to small islands, but in the same island file thing, so it would be one "island" but it would actually have a bunch

another problem with that though is if the player decides to take a look at the map, he sees every other place on the map.
a simple solution would be (i think) showmap false or something like that, because most people didn't have maps anyway

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 22 Dec 2004, 16:50:57 »
yes u shud definatly do that it sounds like a great campiaghn i loved the series and i wud love an ofp campaighn of it i was thinking of doing the same but im working on a campiaghn already so i would just get totaly confused.

Tomasz

« Reply #14 on: 22 Dec 2004, 16:58:08 »
Well i found a campaign about the BoB series. It's in polish, but has english text in the dialogues :D.

The missions are quite short, i played through the entire campaign under 30mins.

Here is a link if you're interested:

Band of Brothers Campaign

It's the 10th available campaign on the site ( scroll down ). In Polish it's KOMPANIA BRACI

Tomasz
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2004, 16:58:21 by Tomasz »