Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripts with the ICPanims  (Read 21039 times)

Manitou

Re:Scripts with the ICPanims
« Reply #15 on: 10 Aug 2004, 16:09:47 »
You have done it again! 8)

You are single handedly implementing all the features I would like to see in OFP2. Next thing, you'll be posting here with a script to fix OFPs dodgy clipping issues. ;)

Works realy well and should make stealth or hostage rescue missions a whole lot more controllable for mission makers.

I'll get the scripts into my lattest mission (allready using your trench scripts) and let you know if all goes well in MP.

One question? Does your grouplink script work with this, and will it trigger guardscript group into action if another grouplink group alerts them to an enemys presence?

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 10 Aug 2004, 17:43:56 »
Offcourse, groupchain.sqs (not grouplink that's from Keycat is something totally different) works with ICPguard or any other mission.
Just add the groupnames in the exec array and execute it in your init.sqs.
You can run groupchain.sqs multiple times with different groups if you don't want some groups to interact with each other.

Search or search or search before you ask.

Manitou

« Reply #17 on: 11 Aug 2004, 01:14:47 »
Bit of good news. :)

Your Guard  script worked in MP. Tested it tonight and it worked just as it does in SP. More great work, Blanco. Give yourself a pat on the back. :D

Bit of bad news.  :(

Maneged to sneak up close to one of the trenchscript groups in MP and I spotted a problem. When the group became aware of my presence, the leader hit the deck ok but the soldiers remained in thier ICP safe, animations. In a bizare twist, the soldiers started firing on me, whilst sitting down! The guys gun was pointing in the air, there was muzzle flashes from the barrels of thier guns but the tracers were coming at me from where they would if the soldiers were in the crouching animation.  :o ???
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2004, 12:47:10 by Manitou »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2004, 16:32:06 »
Now that wicked!  :o
Damned, that bad news....

I know you can fire in the anim, it looks weird.
Was the trenchgroup running groupchain.sqs?
What did you different with the MPtest you did on August the 4th?
It looks like not everyone (or nobody?!) is seeing the anims.
I'm afraid the same thing can happen with ICPguard because is based on the same principle...

« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2004, 16:35:44 by Blanco »

Manitou

« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2004, 17:31:35 »
Group chain was on the group as well as Trenchscript.

On Aug the 4th, we couldn't get near enough to the trenches to see the anims change, We used a 30ml cannon to clear them from the trenches. I knew they had fired at us, so I thought the script worked fine. After further tests I noticed that the trenchscript's safe anims just don't change into the crouch/combat anim, when they go alert.

Strange thing is, ICPguard worked on the same mission that the trenchscript problem occured. Grouplink was running on both groups of troops.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2004, 18:11:16 »
ok, it's a custom anim issue.

I remember Zayfod had the same problems with his rappel script in MP.
That rappelscript uses custom anims too.
He solved it (or was it Snypir?), so I take a look at his script when I'm home.
I can't promise you anything , cus I don't know shit about MPscripting.
The thing is, I can't test missions in MP, because I have only one PC and I don't even have the internet at home, only at work.
Anyway, I'll send an email to Zayfod, AFAIK he's in the ECP team now, so he could be very busy atm.

Thx for being a good betatester btw  ;)
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2004, 21:47:08 by Blanco »

rOk

« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2004, 12:00:52 »
I can't promise you anything , cus I don't know sh*t about MPscripting.

Not at all, I think you're pretty good.
Just for the record- your satellite thingy works perfectly in an MP environment.
Cheers, keep up the good work  ;D

#edit

Just one question though-about groupchain.sqs
Is there a pre-defineable distance for them to communicate?
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2004, 12:07:32 by rOk »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2004, 17:05:00 »
I did nothing special to make it work on MP, so I guess I was lucky :-)

No there is no predifened distance in groupchain.sqs, but I had the same idea and I'm looking to make it work that way. Would be cool and much more realistic. I was thinking about 150-200m and reduce it with 15% at nighttime because you can hear better at night.
At least I can  :)
But... hey... I'm in the wrong thread here....

rOk

« Reply #23 on: 12 Aug 2004, 18:03:23 »
Yeah, I hear better at night too.  ;D

About the distance
Most versatile would be if you'd set it so that the mission editor can set that as he wishes*, at greater distances perhaps having to have a radio in the group in order to get the message.

*Like in that script I think from GeneralBarron called infoshare.sqs-you can set the distance manually in the script.

Manitou

« Reply #24 on: 14 Aug 2004, 14:00:01 »
I think there may be a problem with Guard script on MP. We tried it last night and it appeares as if some of the ai soldiers return to their ICP safe anims after they have been alerted and move off to thier new waypoint. The squad in question had a seak & destoy waypoint.

If there is no way of fixing this and the trench scripts, is there a way of making a version for MP without the ICP anims, or are they essentialy what makes these scripts work?

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 16 Aug 2004, 16:36:44 »
No not really, it's all about the custom anims.

There were other trenchscripts made in the past by Zayfod, search for AI cover and hold by Zayfod in the betascript corner. It a pretty old, about a year ago, I think.
That script doesn't use custom anims.
I don't know it works in MP, but there's a bigger change it does.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2004, 05:03:42 »
Hey Blanco, I have another Sound mod you need to try.It is better than the last one I posted earlier cause i made some corrections and changed some sounds plus the vehicles.

http://www.lulu.com/content/69521

I took the old ones off so there shouldnt be a mix up.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2004, 05:31:12 »
I checked out one of your animation scripts and they're awesome man.Keep up the good work.

Manitou

« Reply #28 on: 22 Aug 2004, 17:31:09 »
Blanco, I've had an idea for a MP version of you trench scripts. Is it possible to have the uits start in the "CrouchToCombat" anim, instead of the "relaxed" anims, as if they are allready pre-warned of danger? This would get round the problem of the ai sticking in thier "relaxed" anims. Although it wont look as cool as the SP trench script. It will still be an excellent defensive asset for Ai troops. 8)

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 23 Aug 2004, 19:45:24 »
I think the first version (already deleted...) was like that. Everybody in the trenches was ready, the relaxed anims was something I've added afterwards.

It could work in MP like that, but I'm not sure because the ICPcrouch anims or still there. Can you see the ICPcrouch anims in MP, or is it the switching between the BIS and ICP anims you don't see.
This will be a problem too in MP with script for the fixed positions in houses etc..

Btw :
I see you digged up Zayfod's AI cover and hold script and I'm pleased to hear he has updated the script. I'm very curious what the improvements are...  :P