Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Any D-Day Missions?  (Read 17469 times)

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
Re:Any D-Day Missions?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Jun 2004, 18:12:08 »
hey

@Armastrong of course they replaced the gunner, not every 2 seconds, but as quickly as they could otherwise if the gunners were just shot and not replaced the allies would have got up those beaches in no time at all!

To be honest if worked on a hell of a lot this could be an amazing mission, which im sure its going to be.. ;D

sim

p.s Take a look at Perttis Omaha beach map beta... its not very completed but it is pretty kool.    ;D

The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #16 on: 09 Jun 2004, 19:22:37 »
Argh, just lost everything I just typed!  >:(
I attached the RAR file, but it wouldn't attach them..
I went back, and it was empty...
So, I've half made a DDay Omaha beach landing mission

It's as I left it, with no bunker, and no randnom MG movement script.. There's a high disp script on the M2s (Can't find a good MG42 or similar.)

Fell free to finish it, or use it as a template for your own.. Just credit me, oh, and send me the mission when your down ;)

Addons needed :
CoCMines
EditorUpgrade 102
DW Nazis (OFP.info) :: To get rid of these, open mission.sqm in notepad, and find the 4(ish)    "DWRgermaninf4", and change that to "SoldierEB"
Higgens Boat (OFP.info)
Invisble targets

Gd luck :)
- Ben

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 09 Jun 2004, 19:37:02 »
hey

kool, ill try it out a bit later...  ;D

sim

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2004, 09:55:10 »
hey

This thread has gone a bit quite so i thought I would say something.... ;D

When making a D-Day mission everyone tends to put the soldiers in groups, that is why AI acts so stupidly!

Why not just place individual soldiers on the beach and give them their own waypoints that way you can easily tell the individuals what to do in scripts rather than a leader ordering the soldiers round in an unrealistic fasion and getting them killed..... Thats why most D-Day missions fail.. I think.. ::)

sim

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jun 2004, 18:17:12 »
Does that limit you to 63 units per side though.

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2004, 19:34:55 »
hey

Yeah pathy it does unfortunatly limit you to 63 per side as I found out today, I have also started to make an Omaha beach mission called "Dog Red", obviously you land at Dog Red of Omaha,  :P,

The mission seems to be going ok at the moment the only problem is gettin the MGs to fire when you want them to... but thats being worked on at the moment  ;D

Also the mission seems to lag quite a bit because of the beach obsticles but that will be fixed by deleting some of the ones you never get to see (don't ask me why I put those in  ::) )

And to top it off its very hard.... you can barely get out of the water sometimes without being shot.... :-\

;D

I'll post again soon with an update and will probably put up a beta when its done, but that won't be for a while.

sim

Gooner861

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2004, 19:38:07 »
Dont forget though if ur looking for realism, thats wot u want, unfortunately sum of those guys never got out of the boats.

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2004, 20:05:38 »
sounds fun  :)

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2004, 21:06:09 »
hey

Yeah i am looking for a lot of realism in the mission and some of the guys don't make it out of the boat... especially when some of them blow before reaching the beach, and because i've given each soldier an individual script, it is easy to program realism into the them and the MG42s that fire onto the beach....

If this mission is a success, and im hoping it is, :P, I am planning to make more of them... probably from Gold beach, from the point of veiw from my grandad maybe...  :)

sim

Gooner861

« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2004, 21:10:00 »
Got any early pics?

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jun 2004, 21:24:06 »
Jsust keep those Ai respawning and coming in in waves...... :)

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jun 2004, 21:36:54 »
hey

I don't have time to post any pics today, but expect some tomorrow, i will not dissapoint!!!     ;D
I just need your thoughts on something though... What ideas do you have for making the mission end... when you reach a certain point or when all the germans are either dead or captured?

Ideas please people!!

and expect pics 2moz!   ;D

sim

Gooner861

« Reply #27 on: 12 Jun 2004, 22:39:34 »
Hello again!

Well i think to end the mission u wud need to both capture the beach etc and kill the germans. The main objective was to capture the beaches.

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2004, 09:40:50 »
Mission ends when you capture the beach  :)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2004, 11:31:57 »
You could get 126 enemy units, I suppose.. Use West and Res guys.. Set the resistance to friendly to West.. And double that with each group with two guys in it
About 300 units.. Thats okay

But the biggest prob is the AI not taking cover, but instead crawling up the beach, getting shot ::)

Ooh, theres a script in the eds depot thats been added, a DDay machine gun script :D
Will try it out when I get home

- Ben