Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Movie  (Read 18872 times)

Gooner861

Re:Movie
« Reply #15 on: 18 Apr 2004, 14:44:28 »
Go anyone on board yet? If not go to the temp recruiment post to try and get sum people on board cos i think the recruitment depot isnt workin.
It would be great if u could actually get a movie going.
You got a name for it yet? How long u aiming at making the movie?

PaulRPG

« Reply #16 on: 18 Apr 2004, 19:55:46 »
not sure what/how long the movie is. thats why not long ago i said we should all get on here and decide. i think we should start on the intro, 10 minutes first. I got some ideas of what to call it.
1. Never leave a man behind
2. Blackhawk down
3. The brave, The few

Gooner861

« Reply #17 on: 18 Apr 2004, 20:00:26 »
Have another think about the names, dont think blackhawk down would be very original and the others just don't have a ring to it.

The intro
I reckon as ive said b4 it shud b action packed and give a gud insight into whats happening in the war, like a brief scenne of an operation that ur characters are involved in. Then once that operation is finished they mayb they get on2 the blackhawks on there way back to the base and are shot down. Sumthing like that.

PaulRPG

« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2004, 22:03:48 »
yeh i know i should think harder about the names ???. Why dont u think of names? itll probabilly be better.

intro idea sounds gd tho, could be of the main char. Or recent events about this war.

names arnt my strong point but i can think of good ideas. We can leave it till last

How about.....
It starts off with the president of the USA declaring war and giving a speach. And after the speach it goes onto the American soldiers going into the blackhawks (mayby the speach continuing on through the start?) they move out where u hear some chat when suddenly...... The Blackhawk gets hit, panic strikes thier minds. They brace for impact, as they get closer and closer to the ground the screen starts to go white.....

Gooner861

« Reply #19 on: 18 Apr 2004, 22:41:58 »
Yeah i like the idea of the president talking and i think having him speaking in the background whilst you see the troops go into action is good. You would have to make the speech pretty "american" if u know what i mean. Think of George Bush.

Keep writing down any ideas u got.

PaulRPG

« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2004, 23:47:19 »
ok, we could set it in the future, bush not needed. Then we need a "yank" to do the voice.

what u think of the fading white?

Gooner861

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2004, 18:24:19 »
Yeah the fading white sounds good, wen the screen goes totally white u mayb hear the crash and explosions of the helicopter. Next shot could be of HQ saying they have lost contact with Blackhawk 1 or woteva. Then u cud flick back to the wreckage where sum dead bodies have been flung out and the soldiers are all pretty dazed and confused trying to check the radio and realising they are in enemy territory.  

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2004, 06:32:21 »
Maybe I might join you guys, just waiting to see if anyone would join my campaign team. If there're less than four then I'm in. If it's fine with you, that is. I've got some experience making small cutscenes, but I'm not all that good.
I've got an idea for you guys; I read about the suggestion of a Blackhawk crash.How 'bout this, a dazed soldier exits the chopper only to set shot by a sniper. The other survivors then realise that they need a plan to take out the latter. If you ask me, it makes a pretty good opening sequence.  
Besides, I've got plenty of time on my hands since school does not start till June.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2004, 07:28:18 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

Gooner861

« Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2004, 13:29:51 »
Im more of an ideas man really i aint really gonna be any use to u guys in actually making the movie.

On point to add, maybe it might be a thought not to use any addons/ or as few as possible, cos like me not evryone will have the blackhawks etc and will not want to spend all that time downloading stuff just to watch a movie.

Good ideas Lone Pariah, keep coming up with ideas, we need to start gathering as many ideas as possible to find the perfect start.

U dont start school till JUNE!!!! Lucky guy >:(

PaulRPG

« Reply #24 on: 20 Apr 2004, 18:14:54 »
Gooner861 yeh ur ideas are coming on well with the crash and that.
I was thinking that the crash would leave about 3-4 survivours and 1-2 get captured and the team have to find them......

The_Lone_Pariah47 Im happy to get more support from people as long as we can start this then im happy

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #25 on: 21 Apr 2004, 13:39:31 »
Guys, I was thinking about the suggestion of the US declaring war on a country as a base for the movie. Why don't we model it after the movie "Behind Enemy Lines". If you have not seen it, it's about a pilot shot down over enemy territory and is denied pickup as it might destroy a peace process. He has to make it to a "safe zone" before he can be airlifted out.
I don't know what you guys think, but I'll go into details once I've heard your suggestions.
 8)

Gooner861

« Reply #26 on: 21 Apr 2004, 14:06:35 »
I have seen it to, its quite good and the concept of it wud be very good for our movie, except instead of 1 man it wud b , i dunno, maybe four men, wit a couple taken hostage. The four men as in Behind Enemy Lines cud be chased by a top sniper and a whole load of enemy tanks etc.

Maybe the four stumble across a small village where resistance fighters take the injured men in and look after them and give them ammo and equipment. Maybe even help in rescuing the captured soldiers. There cud be a spy in the resistance village who gives there location and the soldiers have to fight there way out to safety etc etc. One of the four cud also be wounded and gets left behind and executed or woteva to and a bit of drama and sadness.

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #27 on: 21 Apr 2004, 14:34:06 »
Not bad, sounds pretty good to me! Guess we just have to tweak it a little to make it better than it already is.
And yeah, paul, what do you think?
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2004, 14:36:23 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

PaulRPG

« Reply #28 on: 21 Apr 2004, 16:43:59 »
hi guys, i love the portrayed ideas so far. i see what u mean by behind enemy lines, its a good film and well need an advanced mission editor to place all waypoints and units, also mayby a scripter for init

Gooner861

« Reply #29 on: 21 Apr 2004, 16:54:52 »
Really we do now need to start gathering everything, like character names and a rough guide to what the opening part of the film will start like.

Once we have all our ideas it maybe a good idea to make a trailer or preview of the movie for people to see and get interested in.