Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Movie  (Read 18875 times)

PaulRPG

Re:Movie
« Reply #45 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:14:12 »
remember this???
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6219
some gd face designs

The main question which id like 2 ask tho is which theater to set it in?
Jungle?
Arctic?
Temprate?
Desert?

Gooner861

« Reply #46 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:20:02 »
I wud just leave it on a normal OFP island as again going back to the addons thing i dnt think evey1 will have a artic island and will not want to spend a long time downloading it.

PaulRPG

« Reply #47 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:34:02 »
yeh, temperate would be good, which version 2 use?
1.96?
1.95?
1.94?
1.91?
How long ideally would the final product be???

Gooner861

« Reply #48 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:40:54 »
Not sure wot version wud b best to be honest.
The length of the film really dpends on how many GOOD ideas we have to keep the viewer interested. I mean we have a good 10 mins of intro then i say another 15/20 mins of the middle of the film and then another 10/15 mins for the end of the film. People aren't gonna wanna sit through an hour and half. We just need to make sure we can make a good, action packed, good story driven movie. As long as it plays well and we have put as much good stuff into it , i dnt think it really matters how lng it is.

How long were you proposing on making it?

PaulRPG

« Reply #49 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:42:04 »
I was proposing at about 45mins MAX

PaulRPG

« Reply #50 on: 24 Apr 2004, 14:45:34 »
just thought of a gd idea, if we make it 90mins, why not record it into Windows Media player, letting it run smoothly

Gooner861

« Reply #51 on: 24 Apr 2004, 15:01:56 »
Possibly, im not really an expert in movie makin  ???

Anyway we shud think bout all that later, 45 mins sounds gud. We shud now start to think about the film and get a script down.

PaulRPG

« Reply #52 on: 24 Apr 2004, 15:09:35 »
yeh, lets start on the movie and get this thing started!

Gooner861

« Reply #53 on: 24 Apr 2004, 15:21:12 »
Right then lets get this sorted then, how we gonna get a private discussion forum?
Who's in the team then? Name of the film? Name of characters? Wot island? Any addons?

PaulRPG

« Reply #54 on: 24 Apr 2004, 19:27:24 »
possibilities:
Noegova/that vietnam island
Addons:
BAS_Rangers 1.5
BAS_Blackhawks
mayby @ECP mod

OrangeLeader

« Reply #55 on: 24 Apr 2004, 19:46:14 »
I'm in i think I can cpme up with some good story idea/bios/stroy borads.
*About addons. If you Record it in windows media, we don't have to worry about addon's we can use any we want to use. If we don't "tape" it there is going to be some addons we will still need. We can't make a good film with out some addons.
We can determin which when we figure out a more concrete story.
*Length of film I think should be an hour or less for now. If we make a trailer which might spark interest people will be more will to watch a longer movie. I would not worry about lenght yet. Coming up with the story is more important first.
*Island-- Temperate is ok, but I knid of was thinking of a desert island. Like I said that all depends on if we "tape" it. We can switch between islands if we tape it. Like I know one island that is out there that is just a bunch of military bases(realistic) You can show soldiers loading up on that island. Then switch to the combat island. If we decide not to tape it most user would not mind downloading one island to much.
*Namer of Charaters--I'm going to try to come up with some bios and histories of the charaters when I get some more free time. Finals are upon me and I need to get them out of the way first.
*Name of film-- For the trailer we can come up with one. Something in the story will make us theink of a name.

I really stress the idea of taping it. We can do both. The WMP version for people that don't want to get the addons, and the OFP version for those that want to. We'll see. I think if we get a small trailer out there it might go a long way to see how much interest.

Gooner861

« Reply #56 on: 24 Apr 2004, 21:46:50 »
Yeah we definetely need a trailer to get the attention of the members.

We shud first get the plot sorted and then make a trailer whilst at the same time beginning the creation of the actual movie.

Right then, from now on lets discuss the plot and other things to do with the film.
We need people to think of ideas which we can all do, sum people to think of the script, the actual storyboard of the people (scene by scene), wot music we are gonna use in the film ( people suggested Hans Zimmer stuff) and sum people to get the characters and locations sorted.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 24 Apr 2004, 23:02:48 »
While this thread started out fine, its since become a project thread, and that doesn't fit with this board...

It looks like its time to move onto a forum of your own somewhere and take on the project in a more private area.
If you need to advertise for more staff for the project, the Recruitment Depot is 100% functional again and getting traffic.

Places like Proboards and such allow you to sign up and use free forums.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

PaulRPG

« Reply #58 on: 25 Apr 2004, 10:36:01 »
ok, were sry Noon416.
We were going to get a different forum so we wouldnt have this problem and we are willing to move this particular topic to the link you provided us.
If it is ok with the OFPEC staff i will put a link up for a website for the mod disscussion, this could be benifictial because it would stop the same post being at the top which i guess is annoying.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2004, 10:46:39 by PaulRPG »

Gooner861

« Reply #59 on: 25 Apr 2004, 11:02:32 »
Yeah sorry Noon416, we were planning on moving so now we'll actually look for another place to discuss this.

Shall we use Proboards as Noon416 suggests PaulRPG?