Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Old Resistance campaign...  (Read 6747 times)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
Re:Old Resistance campaign...
« Reply #15 on: 04 Oct 2003, 19:53:00 »
Drozdov - well then sorry.  

LCD - indeed I remember you, and I still owe you an apology for a little altercation we had a while back....so sorry about that.

I realize that if we make it good, then people will play, but there are some ideas that can be executed well but still fall flat because they've been done before.

That was the reasoning, but enough about that.  It's time for me to start thinking about the present.  This is going to be tough and time consuming, but I think it can be done.

*thinks back to the ill-fated OFPEC campaign*

At least I've got a better idea of how this process should work now  :)

As soon as Radiosilence turns over all the stuff he's had stashed away, I think we can get moving with this.

(All of my copies of that info is in my parents' house, which is 8 hours away  :()
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2003, 19:53:26 by SEAL84 »

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:23:58 »
Alright, I can't wait!  Even if I am no good at mission making, I can try to help.  

What type of missions would you have, like the first ones?  They would have to be the most captivating; having to grab the player and make him want more.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #17 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:34:56 »
Oh man....did you by any chance hang onto that Beta?  I know it was a long time ago but if you still have it, that would absolutely kick ass, 'cause I got a new computer and somehow the mission was deleted off the old one.

I've gotten a new computer since then too... and alot of stuff didn't make the change over to the new machine.  :-\

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #18 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:54:34 »
Alright, I can't wait!  Even if I am no good at mission making, I can try to help.  

What type of missions would you have, like the first ones?  They would have to be the most captivating; having to grab the player and make him want more.

No, I think we only had like parts of missions - by info I mean word documents and hard copies of the plot.

So we might still have the detailed plotline somewhere but we'll have to start the missions from scratch (which is probably better anyway).

Homefry31464

« Reply #19 on: 04 Oct 2003, 21:06:14 »
Yeah, your probably right.  Start fresh and go from there.  Then what are you thinking for the first mission?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #20 on: 04 Oct 2003, 22:06:22 »
First mission would pretty much be the first post.  It would set up the situation, and then the gameplay would be you going to meet this resistance leader, getting raided by the Russians, and then fleeing to find the resistance.

We had a tentative mission-by mission outline, I want to wait and see if Radio still has that because there's a lot I don't remember offhand.

I think Sgain was helping draw up a few - but I think he's long gone, unfortunately.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2003, 00:58:33 »
@ seal

nah we kool ;D  8) no need 4 da apology  ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Captain Winters

« Reply #22 on: 05 Oct 2003, 05:03:11 »
ok, missions yes but we need an intro- a long one with voice acting and music in the bacvkground. I'll see what I can draw up tonite. mebe an outline of the missions, a hard copied plot, and an intro movie screenplay (hopefully pushing 10mins)!

ill bbl with some info and the screenplay- protected under the NDA you screenplay stealin bitches! lol, jp holmies!  ;D 8) Peace out

Tanks!  8)

Captain Winters

« Reply #23 on: 05 Oct 2003, 05:04:40 »
o hand all of the spots needed ect. ill draw up a list of resources needed for atleast the intro as well  :)

Tanks!  8)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2003, 21:29:20 »
Oh.

My.

God.

Radiosilence just filled my inbox with like 50 pages worth of background material for this campaign - apparantly he stashed it all away on his computer at home, and he mailed me just about all of it.

It's going to take me all weekend to sort through this, but it's EXTREMELY story-driven.

Will post more after I finish sorting through all this stuff  ;D

SEAL

Offline eisa01

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2003, 22:00:42 »
This sounds like a great campaign :o I'll definately play it. Just one question: Will you use aeon's and edge's new FIA soldiers? I think they said they would convert the normal Resistance campaign to use them, not 100% sure. They look much better you know...

radiosilence

« Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2003, 22:04:30 »
 ::) oops   ;D

Hi everyone.
Just hanging around to see how this goes.

I once bought a double CD of Czech choral music to have some audio for this campaign. Don't look at me like that. Well... :booty: ... here   ;D

If you're interested, I could make mp3s of the best parts for the time you start planning the score. It makes good atmosphere for an all-out charge.

Hope it all goes well.

Sorry Seal about the mailbox ;)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #27 on: 10 Oct 2003, 22:14:12 »
The story team duo has returned....

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  8)

Captain Winters

« Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2003, 22:44:43 »
Yay!!! Radiosilence had some good mission ideas on his website a while back!

get stuff posted asap seal, n as sson as i find a disk, ill be all good to post mine.

Tanks! 8)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2003, 00:31:16 »
Wow....those new FIA troops are looking GOOD...

I think, though it's early to say, that we'll try and keep the addons to a minimum.

Have to go out to eat with the folks (visiting the dorm!) soon, so I'll get something posted when I can.