Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: terrorism campaign  (Read 3646 times)

Bulletsfire

terrorism campaign
« on: 15 Sep 2003, 23:03:44 »
ok, i'm medium or below at mission editing, but i have an idea for a campaign where you play as a group of "Terroristsm" or, as i call them, "POLITICAL EXTREMESTS ;) ;D."
Anyway, this takes place on Nogova, or part of the campaign does, maybe not all. But the island(s) are in Soviet territory, in other words there more like states of whatever Russians call there things. And youre group is fed up with the corruption and violence in the Soviet government. Well, heres the overview:
          I'll start from the end. In the final mission you go in and take over the State's (or whatever's) capital. This i was thinkig will be the big office building in Lipany, on Nogova. but the missions before your group can seize control of the capital, riots start happening, your group was planning this, but it happens to soon >:(. So there is in creased guard around the city. This makes your group come up with a new plan to strike. They are going to have to procure a helocopter from the military. You also have a resource in the russian military who is smuggling supplies and providing info to you. But cant get you enough equipment, all he gets you are a few AK74su's and some mines, which is not enough stuff for your group. So on the first mission I was planning where you, and a few guys strike on a military convoy carrying special forces equipment. Then you would proceed to strike on a new, sparcely guarded airfield and procure a Russian chopper. Then with the chopper you would take it, land w/ your team and land it right outside the capital. You then do a hostile take over of the city while the riots are going on.
    Well, hows that, i'll need ALOT of help, but i think its a good idea. What do you think?

max_killer_payne

Re:terrorism campaign
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2003, 09:12:05 »
Lol, me LCD and Mitrokhin started a Terrorism mod. Neva really took off though. Can't find the old topic though

Drozdov

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2003, 12:40:30 »
Okay, if they're political extremists against the Soviets then that makes them.... Nazis? Lovely  ;). And again, we assume that these wee Nazis can fly a chopper. Man those guys are multi-talented! ::)

Still it's not a bad idea, and it bears some similarity to my own campaign idea. Entirely different situation, though. Personally I prefer the thought of being a left extremeist than a neo-nazi, but hey, each to their own... ;)

Bulletsfire

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2003, 22:46:35 »
Ok, i just call terrorists political extremists ;D ;), and theyre not against the soviets, they just are against corruption in the government. and one of the terrorists is a civilian pilot.

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2003, 23:06:29 »
They're against government corruption!?! These guys don't sound like terrorists, they sound like kind, wholesome political activists that got hyped up on combat drugs.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2003, 23:07:26 by m21man »

Bulletsfire

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2003, 23:16:28 »
ok, thats what theyre saying to get the people hyped up, but they actually want to take control of the whole island.

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2003, 23:29:06 »
This is kinda like the Resistance campaign.  Your only terrorists depending on which side you look at it.  Example:  I'm sure the Russians thought the resistance fighters were terrorists, but anyway, just make sure you make the terrorists fight for a good reason.  I don't want to have to blow up stuff for no reason.  But, sounds good.

Drozdov

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2003, 13:58:43 »
"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

That's what somebody intelligent said, and it's true. What sort of corruption are we talking about?

m21man

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2003, 18:16:02 »
No, I'd say the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is that the terrorist strikes civilian targets, whereas the freedom fighter strikes military targets. They may be fighting towards the same goal, but there is a major difference between the two.

So, who are the main characters in this campaign? I'd think terrorists might actually get boring to play (stuff like "Blow up this apartment, throw a pipebomb into this store"). There'd be too little real combat in the campaign.

Drozdov

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2003, 19:04:56 »
terrorist strikes civilian targets

Actually that's not always true. For example, the IRA killed lots of British soldiers. And they're classed as terrorists by their enemies and freedom fighters by themselves.

Oh, and here's another good terrorism quote:

"Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich."

But we digress...
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2003, 19:07:19 by Drozdov »

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2003, 20:43:22 »
I think labeling the IRA terrorists is a misnomer if they kill troops, but if they're killing civilians, then they're taking their fight to the innocent. I also apply my thinking to acts like the bombings in Beirut. The embassy bombing was terrorism, but the bombings of the American and French barracks were directed at troops in a combat zone, and as anyone in a military uniform is fair game in a combat zone, the bombings were simply acts of guerrilla warfare.

And yes, we digress. Perhaps you or I could open a thread in the OT section of the BIS forums before one of the OFPEC staff closes this thread.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2003, 20:43:48 by m21man »

Bulletsfire

« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2003, 00:47:22 »
So, who are the main characters in this campaign? I'd think terrorists might actually get boring to play (stuff like "Blow up this apartment, throw a pipebomb into this store"). There'd be too little real combat in the campaign.

ok, all my mission was going to be was a group of guys taking over city hall. no blowing shit up in the name of allah.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2003, 01:00:08 »
goin into politics here ? :-X

just 1 comment ;)

@ m21man

gimme war (real war i meen w/ da whole fightin thingy (ya know wat i meen)) in da last 2 centauries dat didnyt had civie casaluties ? ;) - den it goes 2 da

"Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich."

thingy ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2003, 02:38:55 »
Ok everyone, you are very close to crossing the line to making this a purely political topic...

If it makes the step over into that category, I'll have to lock it.   So please just discuss the mission, and don't go into details on subjects that aren't necessary.  (even if it is interesting)

Thanks,

Asmo

m21man

« Reply #14 on: 18 Sep 2003, 03:00:10 »
OK, if anyone else is interested in continuing this debate, let's take it to the BIS forums.