Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: terrorism campaign  (Read 3655 times)

Bulletsfire

Re:terrorism campaign
« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2003, 03:01:07 »
ok then now is anyone willing to help me? i said what the missions were and now i wanna know?

m21man

« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2003, 03:05:40 »
First off, here's the link to the offtopic thread on BIS:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=a52b6672f2faf567c2b7aa8d8dddb80b;act=ST;f=11;t=33920;st=0;&#entry426099

i said what the missions were and now i wanna know?
. Uh, what the hell does this mean :o.

Bulletsfire

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2003, 03:47:11 »
i said what the missions were supposed to be like (read my 1st post) and now i wanna know if anyone will help me?

m21man

« Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2003, 04:11:51 »
Sorry. Here's some of my ideas on missions:
1. Sneak into Dahvle and destroy the bridge to stop convoys from moving across it.
2. American special forces (I hear BAS in the air... :D) establish a temporary base from which they fly out to attack resistance bases. Ambush an American mechanic on the road to a "house of ill repute" ;D in Petrovice, disguise yourself as him, infiltrate the airbase, and sabotage as many choppers as possible.

Campaign Idea:
1. Use scripts to have a buying system (E.g. $500 for an AK, $1000 for an AT4). You can then buy guns from other fighters during special buying missions. The money you accumulate in a mission should be saved to the next mission, etc... You can accumulate money by robbing goverment banks, ambushing government payroll vans, or taking cash off the bodies of dead soldiers.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2003, 04:14:47 by m21man »

m21man

« Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2003, 04:14:22 »
Oh, and will this mission take place entirely on Nogova, or will you have some missions on the Lost Isle? Nagual has gone into an information blackout about the map, which probably means that good things are about to happen (Demonic twinkle appears in m21man's eye ;D :o 8) ).

Bulletsfire

« Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2003, 04:52:32 »
i was thinking about using different islands. The buying idea is good, but i'm not that advanced in scripts. if you would kno where any examples are i'd like to have them

m21man

« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2003, 05:45:50 »
I think I could do a basic buying script that would save money between levels. The script would probably be like this: You have a special buying session, and during the session at the top left of your screen you'd have a counter displaying your available cash. You use the action menu to buy stuff like this:
Buy AK-74 ($400)
Buy PK ($750)

When you bought something, you'd add it to a "holding box". When you're done buying, you can either remove stuff from the box for a refund or you can keep it. When you finish the mission by signalling with the radio menu, the weapons are dumped into your weaponpool for the next mission.

Bulletsfire

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2003, 06:32:05 »
if you could that would be great. :)

m21man

« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2003, 16:03:27 »
Sure, I can do it. Really it's just a case of accurately saving a number between levels (Should be very easy :D).

m21man

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2003, 16:17:35 »
Here's a more specific concept for the buying missions:
Every 3 missions, there's an arms sale in some remote location. Each of the terrorist bands is allowed to send one representative to the secret sale. You load up a truck with all the spare guns that your group has "acquired" ;D, then drive to the place. At the sale, you can walk up to any one of the representatives and when you get close enough to the representative six new actions will pop up like this:

Buy Weapons
Buy Ammo
Buy Other
Sell Weapons
Sell Ammo
Sell Other

Once you select one of these, these actions will disappear. When you select one of the buy options, you'll get a list on the action menu of what is available in that category and once you select a specific item, it's added to the guns in your truck. The "weapons" and "ammo" categories are obvious, and the "other" category will have stuff like NV Goggles, Mines, Satchel Charges, etc...

When you select the "sell" option, you get a menu of items that you can sell. You can sell anything that you're carrying at the moment. You'll get some cash for the item, which will now appear on the seller's "buy" menu.

The Buy menu will be easy, but the Sell menu will probably be much harder to make.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2003, 16:20:21 by m21man »