Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is this an addon  (Read 1953 times)

Blitzer

Is this an addon
« on: 13 Sep 2003, 10:00:33 »
I have been getting an error message when I run some editor missions saying I need the BIS_Weapon Pack. I've had a look around and can't find it. Is the BIS_Weapon Pack an addon? I thought it might be an in-game thing. So if it is an addon can someone tell me where to download it please. Thanks.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:Is this an addon
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2003, 11:07:29 »
It is no biggie it is not a addon just a error that happens sometimes just press ok and it should be run ok

Blitzer

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2003, 11:18:51 »
Thanks Bonecollector, but this one doesn't let you play. It comes up with the error message, when I hit enter it stays on as a map no units or anything and no preview button.

SoldierX

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2003, 17:03:59 »
Did you delete any addons that came with the resistance upgrade?

Blitzer

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2003, 18:43:16 »
Not to sure out of the Res addons folder SoldierX (I could of on a late night brain destroying session) but out of the normal addons folder I recently trashed about 300MB of addons. My Res addons folder is about 280MB but it has a 0.pbo file that is 177MB (whats doing with that anyone), and my Res folder is about 580MB, 30MB over the upgrade size so that looks okay. I got no idea what I could of done to her. There wasn't a BIS_Weapon Pack addon in the Res addons folder or the normal addons folder either.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2003, 18:46:05 by Warsmith »

Semith

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2003, 20:45:24 »
First time I installed OFPR and before I installed any addons, I made a .txt listing all the addons that came in the res/addons folder.  I will get back to you on that...  I know for a fact that the O.pbo is on that list.  I think it has all the new resistance unit stuff (tanks, BMP, equipment?).

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2003, 21:52:17 »
Addons that should be in the Res\AddOns folder are:

6G30
Abox
Apac
Bizon
BMP2
Brmd
ch47
Flags
G36a
humr
Hunter
KOLO
kozl
LaserGuided
M2A2
MINI
Mm-1
Noe
O
O_WP
oh58
Steyr
su25
trab
vulcan
XMS

If you have got the Camel AddOn from BIS you might also have:

BISCAMEL

The standard AddOns folder without counting third-party Addons should contain:

6G30
Abox
Apac
Bizon
BMP2
Brmd
ch47
FLAGS
G36a
humr
HUNTER
kozl
LASERGUIDED
M2A2
Mm-1
oh58
Steyr
su25
trab
vulcan
XMS

Hope this helps.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2003, 22:50:10 »
I haven't screwed around with my addons (Except for adding things ;D), and I get the same error message. It usually pops up when I use the new weapons from 1.85+.

Blitzer

« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2003, 02:48:13 »
Beers for the input gamers. Thanks Planck, the list has helped. I checked my Res addons folder and I found that I'm not missing any from the standared Res addons (no third party addons) list. But from the first list containing third party addons I'm missing KOLO, MINI and 0_WP. I'll try and track them down and add them to my Res addons folder to see if that is the problem. Although I have noticed that these missing addons have been named in different, missing addon error messages I get when running other editor missions.

Blitzer

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2003, 04:13:28 »
I had a look and can't find them in anything I have. Does anyone know what the actual addons are of these names KOLO, MINI, 0_WP so I can download them. M21man can you tell me please which addons from 1.85+ are you using, maybe if I am using them that could be the problem.

Semith

« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2003, 08:49:09 »
Ok, well Planck beat me to it.  Thank you.

However, I am afriad I cannot offer any more than Planck already has: the list.

Sorry,
Good luck.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2003, 16:30:33 »
The addons in the Res\AddOns folder are not third-part addons they are original addons, installed with Resistance.

O.pbo contains the Resistance objects and their textures.

O_WP contains Resistance weapons including:
Glock
Ingram
Remington
S&W
and associated optics etc + textures

KOLO appears to be the bicycle, and rider, plus textures, but dont quote me on that.

You will probably need to re-install Resistance and subsequent patches for Resistance if they are missing.

Planck

m21man

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2003, 16:55:41 »
My problems are with the official BIS weapons added in 1.85 :(. Whenever I use the added weapons (e.g. Glock + Silencer, Ingram, S&W...) in a single player mission, I get the alert that I'm missing the BIS_weaponpack addon. But it I click OK the mission will play fine, even if I use the new weapons.

SoldierX

« Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2003, 17:31:35 »
to get KOLO, MINI, 0_WP  i think all you need to do is to open up the Resis CD in My computer, find the addons and copy/paste them to your addons folder.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2003, 22:35:54 »
Unfortunately KOLO, MINI and O_WP do not appear to be on the Resistance CD.

Methinks they are part of one of the subsequent updates.

But, I could be wrong.

Planck