Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is this an addon  (Read 1951 times)

Blitzer

Is this an addon
« on: 13 Sep 2003, 10:00:33 »
I have been getting an error message when I run some editor missions saying I need the BIS_Weapon Pack. I've had a look around and can't find it. Is the BIS_Weapon Pack an addon? I thought it might be an in-game thing. So if it is an addon can someone tell me where to download it please. Thanks.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:Is this an addon
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2003, 11:07:29 »
It is no biggie it is not a addon just a error that happens sometimes just press ok and it should be run ok

Blitzer

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2003, 11:18:51 »
Thanks Bonecollector, but this one doesn't let you play. It comes up with the error message, when I hit enter it stays on as a map no units or anything and no preview button.

SoldierX

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2003, 17:03:59 »
Did you delete any addons that came with the resistance upgrade?

Blitzer

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2003, 18:43:16 »
Not to sure out of the Res addons folder SoldierX (I could of on a late night brain destroying session) but out of the normal addons folder I recently trashed about 300MB of addons. My Res addons folder is about 280MB but it has a 0.pbo file that is 177MB (whats doing with that anyone), and my Res folder is about 580MB, 30MB over the upgrade size so that looks okay. I got no idea what I could of done to her. There wasn't a BIS_Weapon Pack addon in the Res addons folder or the normal addons folder either.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2003, 18:46:05 by Warsmith »

Semith

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2003, 20:45:24 »
First time I installed OFPR and before I installed any addons, I made a .txt listing all the addons that came in the res/addons folder.  I will get back to you on that...  I know for a fact that the O.pbo is on that list.  I think it has all the new resistance unit stuff (tanks, BMP, equipment?).

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2003, 21:52:17 »
Addons that should be in the Res\AddOns folder are:

6G30
Abox
Apac
Bizon
BMP2
Brmd
ch47
Flags
G36a
humr
Hunter
KOLO
kozl
LaserGuided
M2A2
MINI
Mm-1
Noe
O
O_WP
oh58
Steyr
su25
trab
vulcan
XMS

If you have got the Camel AddOn from BIS you might also have:

BISCAMEL

The standard AddOns folder without counting third-party Addons should contain:

6G30
Abox
Apac
Bizon
BMP2
Brmd
ch47
FLAGS
G36a
humr
HUNTER
kozl
LASERGUIDED
M2A2
Mm-1
oh58
Steyr
su25
trab
vulcan
XMS

Hope this helps.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2003, 22:50:10 »
I haven't screwed around with my addons (Except for adding things ;D), and I get the same error message. It usually pops up when I use the new weapons from 1.85+.

Blitzer

« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2003, 02:48:13 »
Beers for the input gamers. Thanks Planck, the list has helped. I checked my Res addons folder and I found that I'm not missing any from the standared Res addons (no third party addons) list. But from the first list containing third party addons I'm missing KOLO, MINI and 0_WP. I'll try and track them down and add them to my Res addons folder to see if that is the problem. Although I have noticed that these missing addons have been named in different, missing addon error messages I get when running other editor missions.

Blitzer

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2003, 04:13:28 »
I had a look and can't find them in anything I have. Does anyone know what the actual addons are of these names KOLO, MINI, 0_WP so I can download them. M21man can you tell me please which addons from 1.85+ are you using, maybe if I am using them that could be the problem.

Semith

« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2003, 08:49:09 »
Ok, well Planck beat me to it.  Thank you.

However, I am afriad I cannot offer any more than Planck already has: the list.

Sorry,
Good luck.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2003, 16:30:33 »
The addons in the Res\AddOns folder are not third-part addons they are original addons, installed with Resistance.

O.pbo contains the Resistance objects and their textures.

O_WP contains Resistance weapons including:
Glock
Ingram
Remington
S&W
and associated optics etc + textures

KOLO appears to be the bicycle, and rider, plus textures, but dont quote me on that.

You will probably need to re-install Resistance and subsequent patches for Resistance if they are missing.

Planck

m21man

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2003, 16:55:41 »
My problems are with the official BIS weapons added in 1.85 :(. Whenever I use the added weapons (e.g. Glock + Silencer, Ingram, S&W...) in a single player mission, I get the alert that I'm missing the BIS_weaponpack addon. But it I click OK the mission will play fine, even if I use the new weapons.

SoldierX

« Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2003, 17:31:35 »
to get KOLO, MINI, 0_WP  i think all you need to do is to open up the Resis CD in My computer, find the addons and copy/paste them to your addons folder.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2003, 22:35:54 »
Unfortunately KOLO, MINI and O_WP do not appear to be on the Resistance CD.

Methinks they are part of one of the subsequent updates.

But, I could be wrong.

Planck

Blitzer

« Reply #15 on: 15 Sep 2003, 07:03:24 »
Great stuff thanks heaps. So I'll reinstall the patches (and Res if I have to) and see how I go and let you know. For future reference, Planck I'm a little confused, with the lists you say about the second list,
"The standard Addons folder without counting third-party Addons should contain":
Then you say in a later thread,
"The addons in the Res\AddOns folder are not third-part addons they are original addons, installed with Resistance."
Then you say:
"Unfortunately KOLO, MINI and O_WP do not appear to be on the Resistance CD. Methinks they are part of one of the subsequent updates.
But, I could be wrong."
Whats doing, are these the patches(updates) addons, what is the first list containing? Anyone. I'll reinstall and have a look.

Blitzer

« Reply #16 on: 15 Sep 2003, 12:27:45 »
Well, you would'nt believe it, I found the missing addons while lurking around the net. So I'll put them in and give it a blast. Thankyou to the OFP community and Planck for the list. Hope it isn't premature, I'm still downloading them. I don't know about links and permission and stuff so here is the web page. flashpoint.furryclan.net.

Blitzer

« Reply #17 on: 15 Sep 2003, 13:04:55 »
A thousand cheers to all problem solved. No more BIS_Weapon Pack crap. I think from now on it'll be a good idea to note any and all changes that are made to OFP late at night. Or any time for that mattter. (putting head through wall)

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #18 on: 15 Sep 2003, 17:57:05 »
KOLO - is the bike

O_wp - are the weapons, where you rproblem is found on  ;)

MINI - is the mini cooper (small car - green)

all these came with the 185+ patch

So what if: you just reinstall your game and go straight for
a new try to patch up to 1.85_or_higher?

That way you should get the situation fixed again.

:note - maybe it's just been a corrupted patch file, you were
installing - sometimes such things happen during downloading.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #19 on: 15 Sep 2003, 20:37:02 »
@Warsmith

The standard AddOns folder is the Addons folder in the main OFP folder.

This is the folder you usually add third party addons into, but it also contains the BIS addons I listed.

The Res\AddOns folder contains the BIS addons I listed, but possibly others, it depends what people shove in there.

Basically both Addon folders will contain the files I listed before any third party addons have been added.

Hope this clarifies.

Planck