Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193435 times)

fragsta

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #1320 on: 29 Feb 2004, 22:58:57 »
Damn. Oh well, that's life....hmm...

What if two addons were to be linked together as one? What I mean is, there is one half of the helicopter which has the pilot and a gunner (this is one addon) and can hold half the amount of troops a whole blackhawk can, and the other half has one gunner position and the gun changes with addweapons depending on what gun the person who fills the space is holding?

The two halves are put together permanently as if one were carrying the other, and they are created as a group rather than as a unit.

I think it could work. If a blackhawk addon is able to carry a humvee, this should be able to work, right?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #1321 on: 01 Mar 2004, 00:27:18 »
Trust us, we've tried.

With the current coding abilities, it IS possible, but it'd look very very crap (you'd end up with the gunner being a few 100 m behind, "jumping" back into position, the lagging behind again...

For the time being, its best to just wait for OFP1.5 or 2

Homefry31464

« Reply #1322 on: 01 Mar 2004, 00:31:08 »
Excellent, excellent job.  Best helicopter i've seen in any game, period.  Can't wait for the Littlebirds!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #1323 on: 01 Mar 2004, 00:43:04 »
Lol.   What Homefry means is that the Pavehawks are out.   Grab them from the Addon Depot.     Mission coming tomorrow.   There is also an interview with Tigershark and Deadmeat on the homepage.

Still to come this week, in an unknown order:   Littlebirds, OPFOR pack and Ranger/Delta update.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

calm_terror

« Reply #1324 on: 01 Mar 2004, 08:30:39 »
thosae pavehawks are cool but now they nbeed to release PJ's and FAC to go with.. as well as Airforce pilots

Homefry31464

« Reply #1325 on: 01 Mar 2004, 17:38:18 »
From the interview:

Tigershark:....We have USAF Special Operations guys planned - PJ's, Combat Controllers.  These may get released with a version 2 of the helo, or as separate units.  But we really need to focus on the SEALS next, so they will probably take a while.

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2004, 17:43:18 by Homefry »

mikeb

« Reply #1326 on: 02 Mar 2004, 17:04:02 »
i seem to get a problem when loading opfor/tonal.

what happens is as i start flashpoint with a mod folder (with all the bas stuff in) i can see the island anim for desert island on the title menu but only the landscape itself.  all the units that should be on the island and the resource overlay have changed into a strange mixture of brown and green polygons.

i know this sounds more like a technical issue and i thought at first it may be that my computer can't hack it cos all the addons come to huge size - but usually when this happens (too many addons) i get a blue screen and the computer locks up.  hence this problem seems only to happen with BAS and specifically the OPFOR/Tonal pack.  I'm going to post in the official BIS forum too of course but i thought i would post here as well as it seems to be a BAS specific problem i am having.

If any of you can help I would be most grateful as I really want to do those tonal and pavehawk missions!!!

M

Eagle

« Reply #1327 on: 02 Mar 2004, 17:34:07 »
First off...update OFPR to v.1.96 BETA, then when you run the executable put this in the shortcut or in the run command line...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE"-nomap

The nomap command helps prevent and fix errors like the one you are describing, if it doesnt work try the BIS Forums in the Troubleshooting section.

If that doesnt work try this thread because this problem is littered all over these BAS threads.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2004, 17:34:53 by Eagle »

mikeb

« Reply #1328 on: 02 Mar 2004, 18:20:34 »
thanks.

i've also got nosplash and the thing directed to a mod folder.  where in the order should i put -nomap?

EDIT:  

hey that solved it!!!!!  thanks v much - didn't see the -nompa thing written in the 1.95b readme - can anyone explain why that works and exactly what it's meant to do?  v useful!!!!

thanks again
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2004, 18:23:34 by mikeb »

calm_terror

« Reply #1329 on: 02 Mar 2004, 18:27:55 »
eh screw the SEALS unless they want to release seahawks to go with the SEALS.. i want the PJ's and CFAC.. and airforce pilots.
lol

tho pj's and stuff would be a pain since the airforce still wears it's ranks on the shoulders..

Homefry31464

« Reply #1330 on: 03 Mar 2004, 01:11:22 »
Isn't there a setobjecttexture, or something similar.  I'm sure BAS can do it that way, they never let us down.   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2004, 01:14:10 by Homefry »

Commando

« Reply #1331 on: 03 Mar 2004, 14:47:10 »
today's wednesday, wonder what will be in santa claus BAS bag today?  :cheers:

I made a coop conversion of Captain Winters pawehawk mission, the way i think it was ment to be  ;D nah a friend of mine wanted to try it togheter with me and today maybe we gonna try it out  :)
Tried it in sp but got killed by t55, very good mission by Winters. Recomended to every one!  :joystick:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #1332 on: 03 Mar 2004, 14:56:57 »
It's not Captain Winters, its Winters - they are different people.

Commando

« Reply #1333 on: 03 Mar 2004, 18:29:18 »
sorry...  :-[

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #1334 on: 03 Mar 2004, 18:47:42 »
OPFOR vehicle pack, including working scud launcher, now in the Addons Depot.