Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193364 times)

teeps

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #1380 on: 22 Mar 2004, 21:16:31 »
This isn't to do with not actually using the 1.96 is it?  Several people (myself included) downloaded 1.96 etc assuming it would just replace the executable, but it's actually differently named.

Teeps

kris

« Reply #1381 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:04:08 »
Going to try and reinstall the hole gamn, the dynamic range sound mod also made them disapear

kris

« Reply #1382 on: 23 Mar 2004, 05:09:17 »
This is driving me nuts, did a full reinstall, all worked well until i installed BAS_DeRaD.pbo then they went invisable again  ???

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #1383 on: 23 Mar 2004, 05:32:04 »
Just a thought here.......have you tried using the -nomap command line switch in your shortcut.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

kris

« Reply #1384 on: 23 Mar 2004, 06:13:28 »
Just a thought here.......have you tried using the -nomap command line switch in your shortcut.

Planck

Thank you!!!!

That did it, i stopped playing a long time ago so dident even know of this, what does it do?

thx again

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #1385 on: 23 Mar 2004, 20:57:49 »
It stops ALL addons from being memory mapped at game startup I believe.

So I think you were suffering from an acute memory shortage.

Glad you got it sorted.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Avenger29

« Reply #1386 on: 25 Mar 2004, 03:21:33 »
I know the silenced weapons problem of shooting too high has been covered already, but you may find this interesting: I have tried out all the silenced weapons up close, and only the EOTECH sighted M4's and the SR-25SD have these problems. The reflex and ACOG sights shoot just fine up close, as do the regular unsilenced versions of all the weapons. WHY IS THIS!?

Also, the AIMPOINT sighted M4's will not work on my because it is missing the sight!!!. PLEASE BAS, do a quick patch for this!!!

Also, my RANGER GL SD was armed with an unsilenced M4! But I have been able to correct this problem. Otherwise, the addons are great. I am running this with OFP GOTY patched to 1.91.

BTW: Can't get to BAS's sight, I think there server is crashed from all the downloading!
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2004, 03:25:05 by Avenger29 »

Homefry31464

« Reply #1387 on: 25 Mar 2004, 03:42:14 »
The addons weren't hosted by the BAS site, I think it went down from all the hits they were getting.    As for the Ranger GL, I think I read this was being fixed, as is the Aimpoint problem.  I'm not so sure on the latter, though.

FormatC

« Reply #1388 on: 31 Mar 2004, 20:22:30 »
What were BAS thinking of releasing those new JAM2 ranger/delta pack,,  To my horror I found that all the sniper rifles, especially the silent ones have optics that miss by more than 20 yards... even from 50m they rarely hit the target.  Who beta tested these needs eyes testing.  Cant help but feel it was beta tested by some kid that was so grateful for the chance to play with them he was affraid to comment to the team.  And if it was in house tested, then shame on you guys at BAS, another dent in your once perfect reputation, :'(

Iwesshome

« Reply #1389 on: 31 Mar 2004, 20:46:22 »
FormatC,

BAS is aware of that and other minor issues that came with the update. The last word I heard in the OFP community is that they are working to get a patch out that will address these issues. Please keep in mind that BAS works for free and spends many long hours developing these add-ons for your enjoyment. I am sure they do not wish to have these problems in their releases as much as you do and within time it will be rectified.

Why don't you give them a round of applause for the hard work they put into providing you with these add-ons instead of insulting them with the comments you posted above. ;)

IW

Homefry31464

« Reply #1390 on: 31 Mar 2004, 22:45:19 »
What were BAS thinking of releasing those new JAM2 ranger/delta pack,,  To my horror I found that all the sniper rifles, especially the silent ones have optics that miss by more than 20 yards... even from 50m they rarely hit the target.  Who beta tested these needs eyes testing.  Cant help but feel it was beta tested by some kid that was so grateful for the chance to play with them he was affraid to comment to the team.  And if it was in house tested, then shame on you guys at BAS, another dent in your once perfect reputation, :'(

Maybe you should take your time to read a little mate.

A quote from Deadmeat:

They will all shoot too "high" if you aim too close. To be able to allow the AI to use the weapons, they have been zeroed at ~150m (with the exception of the sr-25s)

The way the game engine (and real life) compensates for this by giving the round a higher (and more curved) ballistic trajectory. So if you aim less than 150m and more than about 50m, then yes, the weapon's zero will seem "low"

That's why, its how the scopes are set.  Maybe next time you should ask instead of put them down.

FormatC

« Reply #1391 on: 01 Apr 2004, 00:43:12 »
You see the problem is,,, I work beta testing for another mod,, and those exact sort of issues of optics is a priority, along with sound and texture problems.  In a organised team there are set agenda's of debugging that goes on.  Im fully aware  that some errors do slip threw the net but that problem should really have been dealt with before release.  Further to the fact that making optics more realistic and having them a little off makes gaming better is fair enough but that much off belittles the addon.  I love BAS  choppers and was amazed by the first work.  Tonal Pack was the start of the problems and a slide down in my opinion.  Sure Tonal island is probably the best island on flashpoint it was amazing.  Perhaps to big and even with patch fixes still has alot of errors.  I know its for free but Im part of the crowd who know flashpoint 1 is as far as im taking it as my PC is now dated.  Flash2 will laugh at my PC :) and die at the intro.  So im looking not for purist high res addons, more very playable and enjoyable to use.  The last deltas didnt quite make it, although they look great.  
Further again,,, as for insulting, its hardly an insult,, my opinions come along with many others views outside the ofpec circle and with understanding of addon making.  As you maybe in co-operation with BAS it dont mean we have to agree with your views.  I like BAS alot like i said the choppers are amazing and a must addon for any fan of modern era flashpoint.  Pure genius.  Also of course in no way do I expect you to agree with mine, but forum as it is,, sharing thoughts and concerns for benefit for all.  
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2004, 01:01:05 by FormatC »

Homefry31464

« Reply #1392 on: 01 Apr 2004, 01:20:01 »
Further to the fact that making optics more realistic and having them a little off makes gaming better is fair enough but that much off belittles the addon.

I fail to see how accuracy makes the addon worse, but if you like point-and-click games, like CS, thats your opinion. This discussion is just going to end in a argument, so, although I don't agree with your opinion, I'll respect it and stop.

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2004, 01:23:44 by Homefry »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #1393 on: 01 Apr 2004, 01:48:24 »
To my horror I found that all the sniper rifles, especially the silent ones have optics that miss by more than 20 yards... even from 50m they rarely hit the target.

If it was meant to be a close quaters battle weapon, it would have suitable optics and zeroing.

Use the rifles at the sort of ranges they are designed (and coded) for, and they work fine.

We are aware of some problems, but thats life. We're working to fix them, so please be patient.

TERA_Forrest

« Reply #1394 on: 02 Apr 2004, 21:09:36 »
First i would like to give a big THANK U BAS!  I love your addons, they're awsome!  I've been making maps for awhile and I love using your addons.  I've got a few things that i'm having problems with though.  

1.  Blackhawks and other helos that have the "rope down" option.  I can get the helos to drop ai (followed the "readme") but the helos won't drop them where I've got the "move" waypoint.  It will often fly off somewhere and drop the A.I. off around the genral area, in water, on top of houses, and in trees causeing injury.

any scripts or ideas on how to force a drop where i want them?

2.  Some of the guns sights are off, they shoot above the actual "dot" in the sights.  I see that someone has already posted on this, but this is somthing I think would massivly improve the addon.  Just letting u know.

now this question is for anyone who knows...

ever since I've installed the new BAS_Delta/rangers_1.5 and other BAS addons, i've noticed when i boot up OFP i get a white screen.  I can't see anything.  I saw where some was saying to turn on a "-nomap" option in the shortcutt.  Where is this option, or where do I type it out?

I'm using OFP GOTY edition 1.96
windows xp pro
1.6 athalon cpu
768 ram