Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 192788 times)

Eviscerator

Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« on: 12 Mar 2003, 11:21:30 »
I thought I'd make this thread as others were seen to go offtopic, so feel free to discuss any of our addons in here, or ideas for them and we will post updates into this thread (and also onto the website of course).

Eviscerator

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2003, 13:29:34 »
OK, so first up is a retextured M249, i personally both modelled and textured this (i started learning to texture a few days ago, the previous M249 used the same model), this will probably be in an update to the deltas/rangers (of course along with a retextured M249 SPW), the only thing left to do is the rear sight and the LOD's of course, but there hasnt been much news from us lately so just to show we are still working:

(doesnt have any fancy BAS graphics at the bottom yet, as i have no idea how to do that, im sure there will be news on this later on with fancy graphics etc)

Raptor-Man

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2003, 13:34:29 »
 :o :o :o

It looks very very nice.

STGN

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2003, 14:14:37 »
many or "frew" polys looks very nice.
STGN

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2003, 14:41:29 »
many or "frew" polys looks very nice.
STGN

Same as in the Ranger/Delta pack :P Which is many, but the LOD's will be quite low, as now im learning to texture i can replace faces with a texture...

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2003, 15:02:38 »
yeh, textures can "suggest" faces. A high quality texture makes the model look more detailed than it actually is.

For example, look at the screenshots from Marfy (MarfyArt) of his Panzerkampfwagen IV. Without such highly detailed tuxtures (and with good shadows) the model would not look near as good and detailed as it does now. So texturing is something to put a lot of work in.

Looks very nice allready Evi!

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2003, 18:41:04 »
Picture updated with fancy BAS graphics, and textures completed.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2003, 20:05:08 »
How is the MH-60L doing are we getting close ???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2003, 23:07:55 »
I'm waiting for thoes too  ;D I what some MH60L, DAPs, PaveHawks, what ever you call em I want'em!  ;D

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2003, 10:07:25 »
I would say closer... we are working very hard on the addons atm, and there will be a lot coming your way soon :D

darthvinny

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2003, 17:18:21 »
We are hearing soon for litarally a couple of months now. Not that i 'mind', but maybe you could tell us what you are working on (i.e. textures, model whatever).

max

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2003, 19:52:51 »
Will we see some progress screenshots of the (A)MH-60L DAP soon?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2003, 19:55:58 »
Yes

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #13 on: 13 Mar 2003, 23:02:38 »
I've seen the pictures of the new RACK system for the rangers on your site.
Now, I do remember me starting a discussion about the rack system some time ago(before the release of the original pack), but you said that you would use a ALICE-like gear. Nice to see you'll change to the RACK; will make the pack (even) more realistic.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #14 on: 17 Mar 2003, 22:24:40 »
he BAS;

some background info / suggestions (on your new version of the Delta/Ranger pack).

Rangers Weapons;
I have a book about the Rangers (from 2001) and I have not seen a single picture of a M4 with reflex or ACOG sight. All m4's were equiped with red-dot sight. Now, this may have changed a bit in two years (and I'm sure that the choise of optic is also based on the mission), but you might consider making a m4 with red-dot sight.

Also intersting to add is the Stoner SR-25 7.62mm self-loading rifle (I think it is sometimes called the special purpose rifle). This a very nice rifle for short-medium range sniping. (it was introduced to the rangers around 2001)

On the grenadelauncher. Could you use an ammo-system as in the SEB NAMpack 2 m79 thumper??; A grenade "bag" (like a magazine with very slow reload). Most grenadelaucher guy's will have 2 small "bags" (there not bags, but I can't explain how they look. For more info on the parts of the rack system, look at www.blackhawkindustries.com) of three rounds 40mm grenades. This will make a more realistic (if somewhat powerfull) soldier.

On the M240. You've added a ammo box to the underside of the gun. The gun ejects shell casings from the bottom of the gun; right where your ammo box is!! If you want to us an ammobox, try using one based on the british one: It's a 100rnd box placed on the side of the gun. For an example look at the FN-MAG (which is the same as the M240) made By Matthijs (mods.kmarns.net)

Rangers sniper;
I think you've allready seen the great work being done by Suchey on the USMC pack (if not; www.digitalgrenade.com). He has a wonderfull sniper model. Perhaps you can ask him for permission to use his model for your rangers. It's probably the most accurate snipermodel in the game. It won't even be a major job; you only have to retuxtere the
arms and the hat (and maybe some parts of the front torso) to standard woodland pattern (it's in MARPAT on suchey's model.) The rest can remain the same.

I hope you will do something with this (especially the sniper).
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2003, 22:26:51 by Cpt. FrostBite »