Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2.0  (Read 159458 times)

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Re:SEB Nam Pack 2.0
« Reply #90 on: 23 Aug 2002, 02:57:53 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 02:58:45 by SelectThis »

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #91 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:01:27 »
Yeah, cool thanks ST!!! Is the last one a 'Nam version? Never saw that before and the launchers are looking like smokelaunchers or something like that...mmmh ok maybe not. ;D

The ones from Duff are taken from Apocalypse and I think these rocketpods where never used together with a Huey (in RL). But thanks anyway. 8)

Plage

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 03:05:56 by T.S.C.Plage »

Snake

« Reply #92 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:18:17 »
I think that if STT makes that last config.... with the UH-1C like make it with the 24 FFAR pod on each side it will be easier for every one to use....... as with double miniguns.... on Frans UH-1M making a pass over like 5 sqauds bounched up..... you might hit like 1 or 2...... so yea. STT go for the 48 FFar (2.75 rockets) config..... + the grenade launcher in the front and it will be better.

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #93 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:40:12 »

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #94 on: 23 Aug 2002, 04:04:09 »

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 04:04:59 by T.S.C.Plage »

Eviscerator

« Reply #95 on: 23 Aug 2002, 04:17:14 »
@T.S.C.Plage

remember the uh-1c is a lot heavier than the cobra, some of them couldnt even take off properly when fully armed and had to be skidded along a runway to get moving, the cobra will have the m134 and grenade launcher in the nose, 3 19 shot FFAR pods and an M195 Gatling gun (a shortened version of the vulcan) and will also be a lot faster and more agile than the huey, and a clearer view of the battlezone through the better cockpit, this is why the us army chose the AH-1 cobra as the uh-1c's couldnt keep up with the slicks, anyway my point is even if they have similar armaments they wil be a lot different, and two lines of miniguns isnt possible the ofp engine just doesnt support it
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 04:21:22 by Eviscerator »

Eviscerator

« Reply #96 on: 23 Aug 2002, 04:41:36 »
oh and the 24 rocket XM3/XM3E1/M3 Armament Subsystem was used in vietnam on the ARA (Aerial Rocket Artillery) Hueys, when all 24(48) are fired at once the huey is actually pushed back from the force

the huey 204 cant carry 4 of those rocket pods though, however it could carry this:

an integration between the M3 and M22 systems, the M22 was basically the precursor to the TOW missile, so i think 48 rockets and 2 AGM-22B's and the grenade launcher would pack a pretty big punch :)

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #97 on: 23 Aug 2002, 05:12:52 »
How to get three 19 shot pods on the cobra? One under the middle body of it? ;D
I'm not sure but maybe it's possible to get four big pods (two each side) on the AH-1?

And I'm also not sure about the caliber of the main cannon? I think it's 7,62mm but on my pic they're loading 20mm (vulcan ammo).
Can you tell me cause you mentioned two types of gatlings?

The two pics are nice but the loadouts realy look improvised!
And what's that red/orange thing in the back of the chopper on the first pic? A nuclear reactor? Didn't know they'd made such experiments in 'Nam! ;D
Also it looks like it's remote controlled (look at the taped cable).  ;D  ::)

The next pic what comes up maybe is the one showing a Huey with a box full of grenades mounted on each side (only pull the line...nice fragment shower).

I personally prefere the normal configuration with two miniguns (or maybe four M60Ds) and two pods. Basta! ;)

And we should defenitly open a 'Nam chopper gallery! 8)

Salute!
Plage

To the staff: Can I (we) open a 'Nam resources topic here? I'm asking cause I don't want to see the topic locked after some minutes.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 05:29:17 by T.S.C.Plage »

Snake

« Reply #98 on: 23 Aug 2002, 07:40:53 »
 ;D I dunno if you lot still need these but......... i found something like the blueprints of the UH-1M as it is the sister chopper to the UH-1C as there were only minor details changed.

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 07:41:51 by Snake »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #99 on: 23 Aug 2002, 15:04:00 »
i dont really like the large block of FFARs.... i say go with the M3 + M22 system - looks good cos i like the 'wing stubs' and would pack a  nice punch

although what i say doesnt really mean much since i aint making the addon - but i prefer this system.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Fishion

« Reply #100 on: 23 Aug 2002, 16:28:49 »
Somehow I still want to see a Seawolf layout...
2 Miniguns, 14 FFARs (or predecessors), and 2 Guys armed
with Smokegrenades and M60s and 4 Spare Barrels.
The Cavalery for the SEALs and UDT  ;D

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #101 on: 23 Aug 2002, 17:10:03 »
Some problems solved for the LSSC, but there are still some issues with the shortened VC models which btw look great..(good job ebud!). However they sink into the ground a bit when they lie down...which I think is not good for gameplay reasons. US units have work to do still on them.

1) Correct the Air Cav models (6 models)
2) Redo the VC/NVA models (11 models but we will have to cut this down)
3) make new Army/Marine units (5 models)
4) implement pistol and nvgs into all the new models
5) revise models and coding for weapons (m1911, m79, rpg7 (Kegs) done, the rest to do )
6) New helicopters (4 models if we include a LOH)
7) new boat (1 model)
8) revise Ia Trang Island
9) get a working PRC-25 and VC/NVA equiv radio

Just a few comments on the VC models. Looks like they cannot be actual size. The reasons are ( please correct me if you can prove that this can be really fixed )

1. When you shorten the model and drop it so that it doesn't walk on air, the animations think it is the original size and try to move the 3d points to their old locations, and the weapon satys in it's old location in relation to the body.

2. When this is "fixed", the models sink about 6 inches into the ground once killed or going prone.

3. If this is fixed, the model raises 6 inches above the ground when walking and running. Back to square one.

I had thought that the body "laying in mud" could be put up with, but in reality you'd never notice the height difference except possibly with the civilan units, but those need to work as well since they will also be classed as resistance soldiers.

SO, all the VC and NVA will be the same height as the US units. That is, unless someone has figured this out.

The boat.... ST did something and fixed a few things on the boat, so I can now go back and finish the thing next week.

Evis is finishing the PT 76 model, config and tagging, and I'll add the textures. The model is really, really nice.

All the news I have... not as exciting as Huey Gunships ;)

Ebud

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Vyper

« Reply #102 on: 23 Aug 2002, 18:13:57 »
In reality, The Air Mobile divisions used three things to get their troops into battle.

Firstly, 105mm Artiliary from a near by firebase or clearing, then ARA (Ariel Rocket Artiliary) followed by the inbound slicks. As the Slicks your putting in this pack have AirCav insignias and are infact aircav choppers, surely the ARA UH-1C's armed with the 2x 24 2.75mm rockets would be the better option.  

The AI Doesn't use the miniguns to great effect and lets face it, if you make a mission using this pack its mostly going to be played on the ground with the air units there for cover, and a poor use of Miniguns by the AI isn't going to give that. I think that the ARA set up would be best.

As for the standard NAM units + the marines and seals and whatever else is here, they wouldn't be being covered by gunships anyway, they would be being supported (If at all) the AH-1G's as the aircavalry didn't use this in conjunction with its slicks and gunships until later in the war.

We may all want the minigun version, yes. But most of the UH-1C's flying in NAM were set up for ARA purposes or varying rocket/missile set ups. Very rarely were they outfitted with miniguns.

This is because from the air, it is very difficult to spot your enemy so the best option is to lay down a large area of fire. This is easist with explosives. The only thing the miniguns are good for is relatively pin point strikes on enemy posistions.

Hope that helps

Vyper

CobraSquad

« Reply #103 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:01:14 »
Keep the minigun gunship huey it rocks there was lot's of them used in 'nam :)

Vyper

« Reply #104 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:38:49 »
CobraSquad..........did you actually read my last post at all?

Vyper