Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57487 times)

UK_SKA_RULES

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #105 on: 16 Feb 2003, 02:39:10 »
I think maybe Chomps means put a base at the bottom of the building, textured like the sand on your island.  So the bottom of the building blends into the ground instead of looking as sharp as it does.  Im not sure.

Done.

Chomps

« Reply #106 on: 16 Feb 2003, 03:08:45 »
I think maybe Chomps means put a base at the bottom of the building, textured like the sand on your island.  So the bottom of the building blends into the ground instead of looking as sharp as it does.

Exactly.

Look at the attached picture, the region with the pink stripes should appear to have sand on it.  This sand should match up with the ground texture you used for the island to make a smoother transition which is more fitting for a desert environment.  This really would just be eye candy, however, and the buildings still look great without it.

Keep up the good work, when you are done, this may very well be the best island addon available for Operation Flashpoint.

Foo

« Reply #107 on: 16 Feb 2003, 07:35:01 »
One question...at 90mb, on a 56k modem, there is no way u gonna be able 2 upload it, and no way peeps like me will download it. So, i want to know how you are gonna get this map around....especially as im trying out to be an editor for NOMAD, and i got a 56k.
Would u put in on a CD?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #108 on: 16 Feb 2003, 10:12:27 »
Ok, just as I thought.  I'll do that chomps.

Oh ya, good news guyz.  Well atleast a better news.    The total size of the addon unzipped will be more than 90MB.  The current size of the addon unzipped is in 78MB.  I zipped it and it got into 37MB.  So,,, the final zipped size of the addon will be around 44MB??  So,,,, I might still burn it into a CD and send it to Robbo.

MadAussie

« Reply #109 on: 16 Feb 2003, 11:14:37 »
Gday Mate..

Great looking work with the buildings..i wont repeat chomps posts but they're freakin great..i dont care of the island size..i have a download accelerater..BUT will you make the buildings accessable by the public..eg for use in Mission Editor and more importantly WRPedit..  with acknowledgement of your work as is expected...
Anyway before i lose you in my rambling..great work..keep it up..hope there isnt long to wait now...finally realistic desert buildings :)

BTW i still want to borrow your textures for an island of my own but can wait for download..;)
MadAussie out....

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #110 on: 16 Feb 2003, 17:21:46 »
Cat m8 so I think you are not too far from finish this great Island ;)
BAS with there wonderfull Delta and Ranger units now ;)
Someone else works on a Somalia map ;)Now the only thing we need is some Afghan units and some Somalia units ;)
Bas said on official forums that they plan to work on Afghan units hope they make them it was not sure if they make it :-\

Commando

« Reply #111 on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:13:19 »
Yeah it would be good to have some somalian units and so on because its boring to have delta forces meet green kamoflaged russians in the desert, right? :-[

And keep up the good work ;)

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #112 on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:53:17 »
cat i would suggest using .rar because its a better rate of compresion.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #113 on: 17 Feb 2003, 02:20:21 »
Hmm,,, I'm kind of running out of Building pictures.  I need atleast a top view and one view of front, and side of the buildings.   PFC_Mike is helping me gathering pictures.  I think I saw few afghan units someone making over at the ofp.gamezone.cz  Couple of month ago.  I wonder what happened to that guy.  I hope he's finish with it because it look darn good.

MadAussie

« Reply #114 on: 17 Feb 2003, 03:35:51 »
Gday Mate...

FYI..there is a afghan units available..with full length beards..and i think they're freaking great...I just reformatted my PC so i dont have the link handy..the modeller is christoph...aha found it..http://www.christoph.prv.pl      
Great work..they just need different coloured outfits...but they'll do
Hope this helps people...
MadAussie out...

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #115 on: 17 Feb 2003, 03:52:57 »
I have more pictures of natural geographical objects but I don't think people are really interested on those pictures so I won't be posting it (unless someone requests it

DO IT!

Done.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #116 on: 17 Feb 2003, 08:30:25 »
hmm, ok.  Well I don't know which to show first so, I'll be posting it randomly.  First choice, the bridge.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #117 on: 17 Feb 2003, 08:35:48 »
oops, my computer is showing the sign of burning out (I mean just short circuiting kind of.... it just turns off all of a suddenly.)  So I'm just posting a picture of catafghancliffobjectmedium.p3d picture.  My internet is wierd.  When I play a game, the internet turns off its self.  So I have to take a picture in the wrp editor.  Sorry for the low quality picture.

Tigershark

« Reply #118 on: 17 Feb 2003, 10:20:26 »
Cat..very impressive work.

Would you be interested at all in moving this project over to BAS and becoming our terrain maker in the BAS team?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #119 on: 17 Feb 2003, 11:06:37 »
WOW... :wow:  Awwmm,, wow, let me think about it.  If I do that, does it mean that I have to be separated from my current team Robbo and PFC_Mike and other guyz?