Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A sentimental moment...  (Read 6267 times)

fragsta

A sentimental moment...
« on: 28 May 2003, 22:36:09 »
I would just like to say something. Since I came into the community here at OFPEC, and the official forums, all I have seen between people is good natured conversing and lending of hands.

All the other communities I have been involved with (Black and White, Red Alert 2, just about all of the gamespy network communities) have at least 10 people around who are mean and arrogant, and make some sort of an insult to someone else for no apparent reason.

It may be that everyone here has a common interest, and helping people will lead to you being helped in return. It may be that people always have something to do instead of arguing because of the varying possibilities of OFP. Or it may be the forums' extremely strict rules. Whatever it is, I just want to say to everyone, including the OFPEC staff....thank you.

Ok, sentimental moment over....

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:A sentimental moment...
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2003, 23:30:08 »
Frankly and not offending anyone, I'd say the OFP community is one of a kind because it's a combat SIMULATOR game; you get hit, you die.
These kinds of games attract to the 'mature' players all over the world leaving the 'not-so-mature' ones to play some other games where you get hit and you don't die  :D

Also the Editing side of OFP is very complex and deep. It's not necissarely something that 5 year old nose pickers want to spend their time with. (no offence to nose pickers, god knows I'm one of them).

Surely we've had our own bad apples but hey, the exception makes the rule.. which is.. OFP community rules  :D ::) ;D
Not all is lost.

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 23:34:22 »
:thumbsup:

I agree with you there....

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2003, 23:58:58 »
OFP is first game I've played that is so popular outside of the US.  I live in California and it is fun to log onto servers and see all these different languages being spoken.

Doolittle

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2003, 00:06:14 »
*wipes tear from eye, gulps, sniffs, and restores manly expression*
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2003, 03:15:15 »

...Also the Editing side of OFP is very complex and deep....

...It's not necissarely something that 5 year old nose pickers want to spend
their time with....

::) I'll have my kid sue yer butt, arty  ::)

bmgarcangel

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2003, 03:56:10 »
I would just like to say something. Since I came into the community here at OFPEC, and the official forums, all I have seen between people is good natured conversing and lending of hands.

All the other communities I have been involved with (Black and White, Red Alert 2, just about all of the gamespy network communities) have at least 10 people around who are mean and arrogant, and make some sort of an insult to someone else for no apparent reason.

It may be that everyone here has a common interest, and helping people will lead to you being helped in return. It may be that people always have something to do instead of arguing because of the varying possibilities of OFP. Or it may be the forums' extremely strict rules. Whatever it is, I just want to say to everyone, including the OFPEC staff....thank you.

Ok, sentimental moment over....

I have to say I totally agree with you and everyone else here dude, i've been to the other sites for this game and games like Tiberum Sun, Red Alert 2, Command & Conquer Renegade, and starcraft ( well, starcraft had nice people and a very good and complicated editing community, and still does today, i'm a proud member of it off and on ) forums and chats and most people are rude and impolite no matter who you are.  One reason being it attracts people who are just interested mostly in the playing of the game and thats it.  Most of those people are inmature 20 year olds or older or younger that just come to have some gaming fun and to practice how much they can swear in 3 minutes.  Even at Gamespy for this game I see alot of people like that, people who you can tell are not even close to mature with the language they use and the way they talk and act( i'm not quite mature either, i'm only 16  :P ).

You know, this is the most friendly community made up of Mature leaders such as Noon and, ah yes, the Messiah  ::), and others too ( I can't include snYpir because he never answers my IM's, I wonder why  ::) ) .  Eveyone is part of the community and no matter what problem you cause most of the time people will be nice because they understand ( I hope they do  ;D ), no like Fragsta said, thank you OFPEC community, and even to the staff ( even though you guys banned me before, it was for the better, right :noo: ?  )

My little sentimental moment is now over, please continue your daily work and enjoy the peacefullness :hmm: and Law and order  8) that is experienced in OFPEC  ;D :P

« Last Edit: 29 May 2003, 03:57:30 by BMGARCANGEL <BrendanG> »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2003, 05:46:43 »
:wow:

u r all getin crazy  :o :wow:

attract to the 'mature' players all

mature ? community dat have Tomb n me ?  :P (or shud it b Me n Tomb ? how does it sounds beter ?) da only community dat have drug cartel as MOD team ? mature ? :wow:

look wat u made me do

nywayz - i know its not like dat outside israel - but here (nd even w/ da arabs cuz we r effected ;D) u swear som1 cuz u love him ::)  8) - tell som1 - wuzup fool ? nd he wil tel u - kool idiot  ;D

bout da IMsn snYpir thingy - he does it 2 me also - even thou he was answerin my IMs b4 nd was workin w/ me on somin nd den he suddenly stoped  >:( but dats kool - u cant b boss n keep every1 happy ;D

LCD OUT

[edit] i take dat back - just got my sentimental stuff thingy - oops i run out of pills - so i guess dat have 2 stay

@ asmo - i know u read dat - send me my delivery k ? ;) i need it :P
« Last Edit: 29 May 2003, 05:51:21 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

bmgarcangel

« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2003, 05:52:10 »
Amen LCD, Amen

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2003, 06:35:41 »
I can't include snYpir because he never answers my IM's, I wonder why
bout da IMsn snYpir thingy - he does it 2 me also - even thou he was answerin my IMs b4 nd was workin w/ me on somin nd den he suddenly stoped   but dats kool - u cant b boss n keep every1 happy

Guys (and everyone else), just to clarify:

snYpir is absolutely flatout with OFPEC, other OFP projects and Real-Life.
So if he's in-communicado, don't take it personally. Its simply that he's understandably too busy to get back to you.

Getting OFPEC 100% finished (not 80% or 90%, but 100%) finished is an EPIC job, and a lot of it is still falling to him to get done.
Give it time, and once OFPEC is completed to a level he's happy with, he'll be back in regular contact.

Personally, my hat goes off to him (and the others working tirelessly) for working so hard to get this site up to 100% functionality in so short a time. :cheers:
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2003, 06:39:31 »
no1 is angry w/ snYpir ;D - he is v good friend (wen he answer his IMs ::)) nd we all know how his situation is ;D nd were kool w/ it ;D

btw i just thinked (yeah i can do dat :wow:)

nd i think dat we as community can call ourselfs mature as long as we dont start talkin bout how r we beter dan oders - it is den wen we start beign imature ;) :P

now ny1 know were i can buy som "Stuff" ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2003, 08:30:32 »
These kinds of games attract to the 'mature' players all over the world leaving the 'not-so-mature' ones to play some other games where you get hit and you don't die

All your base are belong to us!!!  ;D ;D ;D

"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2003, 08:59:39 »
*cough*

Why am I always the last one that's told I'm not imature? And you guys come tell me that now?? :o  :P

mhm, I think the reason there ain't any imature ppl here is the moderators...since they ban ppl that's to imature to be here ;D 8) ::)

And...have you ever thought about how many IMs snYpir gets every day? Not that I know, but I guess he gets a lot of them...and he can't use 30mins on answering IMs and give a shit in the site...can he? :P

Garcia

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2003, 11:19:54 »
Surely we've had our own bad apples but hey, the exception makes the rule..
That's me referring to you, Garcia  ;D

Nah, honey, you know I love ya. You're my wacky Norvegian  :D

I'll have my kid sue yer butt, arty
Tomb I thought your kid (the one with the crush on some 10 year old tramp) is already 8 years old and passed the nose picking, bugger earing phase..?  ;D
Not all is lost.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2003, 00:38:09 »
Anyone remember the good old days of CONCEPT-5?