Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign  (Read 7274 times)

hooahman

Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign
« on: 24 May 2003, 21:40:46 »
Hi,

I am making an Operation Iraqi Freedom camapign!  I am terrible with description.ext stuff though!  Would anyone like to help me write a description.ext for my campaign and missions (for weapon selections, ect.)?  I have not yet completed all the missions, but I have them all planned out.  Now I just have to make them ;D.  If anyone also has some mission ideas please post them here!  Thanks guys.

bmgarcangel

Re:Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2003, 23:09:04 »
hmmm......lets see.   MIssion plans.   Study recent events throughly before making missions  ;D

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2003, 03:33:48 »
like the man said, study. what's wrong with people, they don't want to do any of the work anymore?

a big problem is that the addons just aren't out there.

hooahman

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2003, 04:19:47 »
Guys I already have the mission ideas/plans.  I was just wondering if anyone wanted me to make certain missions.  Also, can someone help me in writing description.ext files?  I've read the tutorials, but I just don't understand them.  Thanks!

bmgarcangel

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2003, 04:37:40 »
didn't I help you with description.ext files earlier.  Wait, that wasn't you.  Anyways, Study.  And phantom, I may be very talented and stuff but you know gentlemen, i'm only 16, most people consider a man to be 18  ;)  A prep that plays computer games and builds them, isn't that something  :P

But wait, most people in the U.S. are men at this age.  Oh ya, how dumb of me.  :P
« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 04:39:36 by BMGARCANGEL <Brendan> »

hooahman

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2003, 04:40:54 »
Guys I already said: I have my missions for the campaign!  I was just wondeering if anyone wanted a specific mission in it(Basra, etc).  

one note: through the campaign YOU are INFANTRY ONLY. no pilots, tank crew, etc.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2003, 04:45:04 »
Infrantry but with tank support.  Basra YES!1  Basra!!  But one thing is, if its Basra then you'll have to have British soldiers and tanks because the British took that town, not Americans.    

hooahman

« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2003, 04:50:58 »
I have British infantry (desert) units already ;D.  I still have not found a British tank w/ desert camo however...

BMGARCANGEL <Brendan> would you mind helping me write a description.ext for my missions?  I currently do not need them, but when I finish all the missions would you mind writing the description.ext files?  Thanks (Do you have AIM or Yahoo Messenger? If so can you post them or message me them?)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 04:52:39 by hooahman »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2003, 04:54:36 »
I have yahoo! instant messenging.  My screen name is bmgarcangel     whats yours.  

Buy the way, its easy to use description.ext files.  Just copy one from mission to mission and use them as templates.  

hooahman

« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2003, 05:11:45 »
@Brendan
I'm on YM atm.  Sign on.

@all
I have a beta version of the first mission in my campaign in the betamissions section of the forums. Tell me what you think.
Note:It is not the final version! It is a really simple version.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 05:13:29 by hooahman »

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2003, 05:15:23 »
bmcaecangel, i was referring to hooahman. it seemed like he was asking for ideas. but he's cleared that up.
and i thought that basra would've been an obvious mission choice. what about the aussies at the al asard airfield. there's a desert sas addon out there somewhere. and it'd be awesome

hooahman

« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2003, 05:22:13 »
@Phantom
I have the SAS (desert) addon.  Its real nice. Basra was a mission choice.  I was using it as an example.  ;)

bmgarcangel

« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2003, 05:24:45 »
he used desert Malden, why?  

Phantom

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2003, 05:54:08 »
is it the aussie one, or a brit one.
i've got a damn nice brit one if u want it

hooahman

« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2003, 06:05:55 »
It's BIB's British SAS I think. I'm sure it's brit though.
I also have som regular brit infantry, paratroopers, etc if you want me to send em to ya? Could u send me the one ur talking about also? (if it isn't a big file send it 2 deltateam8@yahoo.com)Thanks  
« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 06:09:59 by hooahman »