Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: more room on BETA forum  (Read 1311 times)

bmgarcangel

more room on BETA forum
« on: 26 May 2003, 23:44:45 »
hey all,

I think we should have more room on the beta forums.  I think that it would help some people out because I have alot of missions that are just over 70kb even when pboed.  You could like set up something that would delete the attachments after 3 or 2 months after they were put in the forum

Iwesshome

Re:more room on BETA forum
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2003, 03:01:58 »
I could be wrong but most people would agree that if you have missions that are over 50kb that you should look into getting some free web space to host your missions.

www.freewebs.com is a good site for people to host their files... keep in mind that the operators of this site pay out their own pocket to host, so every little thing we can do to eliminate excessive files on their servers should be most appreciated.

Using Macguba's site for an example.... www.freewebs.com/macguba you can see he just made something quick and simple to settle his needs of hosting missions.

IW

bmgarcangel

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2003, 03:11:51 »
alright, I understand.

*TOPIC SOLVED*

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2003, 09:18:59 »
Yes, this has been talked over before and the conclusion was not to raise the attachment size.

YaBB actually does have a feature that would allow removing old attachments, but as stated above the best solution for everyone is to make your own web site (outstandingly easy!) or you could just put in the mission details and have a person who's interested give you his email addy. That way you'll know the beta tester is really interested and you'll most likely get feedback from him.

Long live the beta testing forum!  ;D
Not all is lost.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2003, 19:11:08 »
bravo, artak, bravo,

WERE IS THAT SOLVE BUTTON! >:(

Anmac

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2003, 15:31:42 »
lol...

*adds comment, just because he can*

What's wrong with emailing the mission to those who ask for it?