Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Campaign  (Read 5679 times)

eversman

Re:BAS Campaign
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2003, 22:01:41 »
Compaign taking pleace in Panama is good idea, but when???
in 1989 or nowdays... for ex. raids agnist drug dilers and cartels.

Homefry31464

« Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2003, 04:16:27 »
I would rather have it in the past.  Just my opinion.

Tigershark

« Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2003, 05:13:39 »
If it was Panama I would prefer late as well. Due to the fact Noreiga was the driving force behind the countrys problems and the invasion. If you wanted to make it modern day make it so one of his cronies comes back and snatches power form the legitimate government using help and financial support from Columbian drug cartels needing better distribution channels for their product.

Problem with Panama is it was not an island...whereas Grenada was. AS Messy mentioned....lots of cool Special Ops missions for Rangers and Seals (no Delta mission I'm aware of...that was Panama- Operation Acid Gambit the rescue of Kurt Muse a CIA Operative).

Personally the scale of the island and operation makes me think Grenada is better.

The Radio tower on the island north of Nogova would be perfect for the Navy Seals mission to capture the Grenada radio tower as explained at Navyseals.com ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2003, 14:15:15 »
and if anyone wants to make an island then i can help with it - i've sailed around greneda for 6 or 7 years now - i have nautical maps of the place and all towns and villages - and the all important photos for texture reference etc...

Georgetown (capital - southwest of island - near the old airstip) is an amazing place - situated on the rims of an old crater open to the sea - with the Prison on the highest point and all the houses whitewashed and red roofs - an awesome sight - as for the airfield - there are 2 - one which is a bit north from the south west peninsular and one which is on the south west peninsular - the latter is the current international aiport - the former was where US troops landed and garrisoned etc...

greneda could become a very good mod - an amazing island and with amazing troops to use - all a good idea.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

eversman

« Reply #34 on: 13 Jun 2003, 22:15:23 »
and if you wana mission maker... i could help.
i knew something about this campaign.... but only from books  ;)

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #35 on: 24 Jun 2003, 04:59:56 »
Well i think that maybe you should forget about making a campaign about Grenada, Panama or Somalia and try something different

make a completely new campiagn based on your own ideas

You have the island of nogova
a brand new set of units
you wont be limited by a timeline

if anything the whole ofp mission comunity should pull 2geteher and make the best, baddest and most sickest campaign known to man

and it could be ofp editing centres very own love child!!

i think that a whole invasion of nogova by a coalition of men would be cool and it wouldnt have to be america and britain and australia
it could be any combination imaginable
think outside the square you live in

the ideas would be endless and the political situation in the world could be what ever you wanted.

thats my 2 cents worth

thanxs
Tim

"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #36 on: 24 Jun 2003, 05:04:32 »
oh and i meant no offense to people, i didnt mean forget about greneda, panama or somalia all together, i just meant for creating a new campaign

thanx
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Tactician

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jun 2003, 03:39:24 »
All it takes to clear an OFP building is a hand grenade, maybe 3 for the biggest buildings :P

Buzz

« Reply #38 on: 26 Jun 2003, 14:38:47 »
I like the rainbow six idea, as soon as you said that it particularly got me thinking about their first mission as a team at the mansion to rescue the guy, I dont recall his name at the moment. But I have made some missions based on the game rainbow six, although they were some of my first maps. Maybe I should go back and try to redo some of them  :-\