Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Keeping a conversation going?  (Read 1780 times)

Flapje

Re:Keeping a conversation going?
« Reply #15 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:00:50 »
hmm.. okay, we'll just make a little example mission on desert island, consisting of a trigger and one west soldier. hang on, I'll make a pic of what to do

EDIT: okay, it's here.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:03:23 by Flapje »

Flapje

« Reply #16 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:07:02 »
here's a pic of what the trigger looks like
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:07:34 by Flapje »

Flapje

« Reply #17 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:10:09 »
and this is what your mission folder looks like

EDIT: okay, those were all my screenies ;D I think the problem is anyway, that the chat.sqs isn't in your mission folder
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:13:10 by Flapje »

Flapje

« Reply #18 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:29:31 »
I got it snake

the chat.sqs in your folder is a text document. okay, follow this step by step: first, write down all those things in a notepad document. Then, go to 'save as'. Now, the important part. Look at where you can enter the name of your file. Under it says: Save as: Text document (.txt). Click on that thing and choose All documents. Then completely remove the name you had for the file and write this down exactly: chat.sqs

now you won't have a text document but an sqs file. you can recognize an .sqs file like this: it's blue with white around it. Not a notepad with some lines on it, then you did something wrong.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:30:07 by Flapje »

SnakeFart

« Reply #19 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:42:21 »
ok i did that but it switched the pics on me now my mission sqm file has the notepad pic and the chat has what the mission.sqm had...:( help ;)

sent u an email with the pic i have now

Flapje

« Reply #20 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:50:44 »
okay, you did something really weird, but the mission is still an sqm file (which means that it is the mission) so that should be good... and chat.sqs is a shortcut ???

I really don't know what you've done, I suggest you try to make your own chat.sqs from the ground off and see what happens.

aww, I'm gonna go to bed now, I need rest after this thread :P good luck and I'll look if this is solved tomorrow
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 21:52:02 by Flapje »

SnakeFart

« Reply #21 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:58:49 »
i started a new one and i get the same thing...does encoding have anything to do with what it saves as?

SnakeFart

« Reply #22 on: 06 Apr 2003, 23:26:49 »
i switched something (cant remember) and now i get an error at the top of the screen that says operator DOWN unknown..is there suppose dto be a space between PLAIN and DOWN?

this is how it looks right now

"blah blah", PLAIN DOWN     ...now is it supposed to look like this or like this

"blah blah",PLAINDOWN      ...with no space between the comma and no space between PLAIN and DOWN?

Flapje

« Reply #23 on: 07 Apr 2003, 07:58:32 »
ok, quick answer before I go to school ;) you should write plain down like this:
"PLAIN DOWN"

that space doesn't really mather I think. but plain down must be between " 's

SnakeFart

« Reply #24 on: 08 Apr 2003, 22:09:32 »
Quotation marks around PLAIN DOWN worked WOOHOO!!!!

THANKS FLAPJE!!!

SOLVE!
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2003, 22:10:52 by SnakeFart »