Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SAS version of Battlefields 1985  (Read 1915 times)

SpecOpWarrior

SAS version of Battlefields 1985
« on: 04 Mar 2003, 00:21:33 »
Just popped in my head actually...

If I make it, will you guys play it?
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2003, 00:21:58 by Spec Op 9 »

bigdog632

Re:SAS version of Battlefields 1985
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2003, 12:08:59 »
read about the SAS once they some crazy guys

Ace

« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2003, 13:04:21 »
join www.ofpsas.com and they can give you what addons and info you might need for something like this.

yeah I'd play it

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2003, 15:16:13 »
i say don't do it, you never get the support that people say they'll give you, the stories and information about the british sas is mostly bull shit, and they've made a repuation for themselves that they really don't deserve, if your looking for a group, do the australian SAS in vietnam, not only are the SASR the best special forces group on the planet, as proved in vietnam and afghanistan, maintaining their 400:1 kill ratio, plus there's heaps of info on SAS 'Nam stuff. Check out the book, Phantom's of War by David Horner

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2003, 07:25:48 »
i say don't do it, you never get the support that people say they'll give you, the stories and information about the british sas is mostly bull sh*t, and they've made a repuation for themselves that they really don't deserve, if your looking for a group, do the australian SAS in vietnam, not only are the SASR the best special forces group on the planet, as proved in vietnam and afghanistan, maintaining their 400:1 kill ratio, plus there's heaps of info on SAS 'Nam stuff. Check out the book, Phantom's of War by David Horner

Dude? Do you know that many Aussies are in the SAS? Not a high percentage, but many are offered and consider it an honor.

They are a better resourced version of the SASR. Hell they were primarily responsible for early training...

Mind you in saying that; the argument could be held that the SASR are formidable for maintaining such a success rate with so little in comparitive resources; but to besmirch the organization that got the SASR started is a bit 'rich'.
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

Ace

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2003, 09:04:09 »
Yes they only destroyed 50 scuds in the gulf...

Likelyhood is they will do it again now.

I can tell you first hand that the SAS are a bunch of tough bastards.

My uncle was in the Parachute reg. (Paratroopers) and they are considered to be the UK's best infantry, but my uncle tol me that they used to have a comeption every year between the SAS  and the paras (they hate each other. Para's think the SAS are big ego's in balaclava's and the SAS think the para's are a bunch of trigger-happy idiots)

The comeption woul consist of soccer, rugby, obstacle course, shooting range, swimming, simulated parachuting rockclimbing and so on...
Tough shit, well apparently the SAS won hands down. Know why? because to them it was just another training session.
Their training is considered the toughest in the world and often has been usd not only by the UK but australia, USA (very often) and alot of other europian countries.

And then there's the time 5 SAS troops killed 150 afghan soldiers and 6 scuds after being mis-dropped andhad to make their way to their objective after being 50 miles off course....

so basically if they are a load of fakes then they've done a vvery good job in faking it because it has fooledall of the US's war cabinet.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 09:06:26 by Ace »

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2003, 09:44:56 »
Christ guy's, your like a me about this time last year.
Research the two units, the majority of SAS books out there are not only British, but are written by ex-SAS soldiers, so of course they've got a huge bias. I've read almost all of them. Sure, the SAS assisted in starting such groups as the SASR, FJSAS, NZSAS, 1SFOD-D (Delta Force). But that doesn't mean that they're the best, the equipment that's made available to them is the same that is made available to the SASR, sure, they might be called something, but in effect it will be the same thing, except for our 6x6's and their 4x4's. The SASR do have the toughest training, I know, I've got friends in defence, and I've been interested in this area long enough to get my hands on a lot of info for training. I don't care how many scuds they took out in Iraq, the fact is that Britain has more, and can afford to have more men because of their larger budget. Not only that, but chances are that the TEL's would've been destroyed because these guy's directed air strikes in. Not only have we said we're the best, but so have the U.S. We've done more damage for the size of our groups than anyone else. Why do you think our guy's were the first into Iraq? We were leaving for the Gulf November last year!

As for besmirching the organisation that got the SASR started? So what? It's not impossible for the student to excell beyond it's master, and our guy's have well and truly, they just don't have the huge experience that our guy's do, their best troups in the jungle are probably the Gurkhas. It could've been the SAS during the 50's and 60's when they were in Borneo and Malaya, but they've been out of action in the jungle for ages!

So what if you hear something that makes them sound tough in a competition? The SAS are tough, but the SBS are better. Just coz they did it and said it was like a normal training excercise doesn't mean that our blokes would've.

So do some more research on the SASR, they are the world's best, and with the $21m just pumped into the budget, will continue to be for some years to come!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2003, 01:44:49 »
Hi guys. How's it going? :hmm:

I just tuned in for another episode of "My SAS is better than your SAS" ::)

But seriously, look up at the topic title of this thread.

Now look at me.

Now continue to discuss an SAS version of Battlefields 1985.

If this topic continues in the direction it's going, I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock it.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2003, 21:46:34 »
I'd play it, it would be pretty cool. Wot wud the missions consist off? Info plz?

P.S: Sorry Sui, I just couldnt resist. Phantom for once I disagree with you. I think u r wrong, the British SAS are as good as their reputation says they're. Now im not putting down the Aussie SAS as they're as tough as the next guy. All im saying is the British SAS do deserve the credit as the worlds best trained elite fighting force.

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2003, 22:08:34 »
yeh, i apologise, max, i'll be getting in touch with you to have a chat, just wanna tell you a few things that most people don't know about either force

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2003, 22:35:50 »
Ok. Cool. :) I read alotta book about them, but id like 2 know some stuff I dont!!!!  ;D