I have a proposal for everybody in the great OFPEC forum:
What about a big campaign mission based on a fictitious conflict related with the crisis of the Soviet Union on later eighties?
The story would consist on the insurrection of an anti-comunist/anti-government armed group, lead by General Juri PjetrÃ¯anov, a maverick. This General, after a discussion on the politics underground with the secretary of the major-state for the Armed Forces, Gennadi Jefrimov (Efrimov), revolted against the new "perestroÃ¯ka" (restructuring) system. Aspiring for a new order, the dissident general leads an almost entire army division, followed by armoured vehicles and an airfleet, towards the eastern side of Russia, right before the people's eyes... The objective? Build a main base, located on Everon and a logistic center on Novoga in order to prepare further attacks over mother Russia.
Before this situation, the Russian take an attitude towards the dangerous behaviour of General PjetrÃ¯anov and send a very skilled commando team and a few armour supported army units. The chace begins during Everon's overrun, where a previously defeated army section from the USSR meets with Ilia Solovjev, the high ranked Spetz Natz who's commanding the operation against the terrorists. From the main land, Nikita Krjlov, allied general (with guba's face), controls the whole operation and later on he leads a lightly armed group to avoid Novoga's invasion.
The Cristal Mountain, the mountains of greed, near Regina, become the Resistance's hiding (just like on the Coldwar Crisis), lead by Vasilij Nakhimov, who's going to betray his fellows as a russian officer offers him lands and a dacha and garantees total immunity. This way, a corageous soldier, Sergei Demochev (very young: face Radan D.), becomes the terrorist's obstacle, as he takes the commanding of a reasonably prepared Resistance (experienced from older conflicts - 1985).
In Novoga the Resistance will be spearheaded by Aleksandr Rzaev, modest russian man and ex-Alpha, who's going to have a hard work with a badly prepared resistance group. No internal conflicts.
The american role? Well, the american forces are neutral until Malden become's a target from PjetrÃ¯anov's rage. This time we'll behold an alliance between the russian forces and the US army (change the soviet soldiers identity to GUER at 'mission.sqs' and Resistance on the West side). The american Colonel William Hawkins would be the leader of a section from the assaulting troops of the 101st Airborne Division (which counts with 20.000 effective soldiers). After seizing back Malden they would support the Russian on Everon's and Novoga's retrieving. Everon will be the first one to be counter-attacked, in order give this story a climax, when terrorist forces are defeated where they less expected.
The help I need on this campaign:
- creating terrorist addons, with russian uniforms bearing the "NovÃ¡ya Rossja" (New Russia) flag (i already made it) and a few more aspects to be discussed...
- some scripting (i'm not bad at all, but i'dd need some help on this)
- Creating the T90S/U MBT for the mission (locate the mission on 1990 or 1989, as this tank was first manufactured by that time)
- Changing "Desert Island" (Intro.wrp), givin' it a new look, with some grass and yellow herbs. Create a military base on it, the PjetrÃ¯anov's hiding
- Locating Everon, Malden, Novoga and Kolgujev somewhere on the Pacific ocean and probably give them some story and geographical specifications (like population, main language,etc.)
- Speaking russian (or at least, translate english to russian , i could speak it as i know cirilic pronunciation and my portuguese can be easily transformed into a russian accent
) - In order to spare space, i think to shouldn't make sound files... just lip files.
- Having some military expressions like RTB and ETA (Ret.toBase and Estim.TimeofArriaval ??). Tactics will be also good
- Create a reliable and realistic artillery script which simulates the different artillery systems from the US and USSR: MLRS, Smerch, MSTA, Crusader Hotwizer, etc. I want them to simulate art-rocket fragmentation into granades or AT mines.
- Creating the missions and debuging them (Beta Testing board at OFPEC forum)
- Finishing/accomplishing the story ;D
( I hope so... ;D )
P.S. Credits and copyrighted info shall be integraly respected!!! Every script i make has some info about its origin (genuine, based on someone else's work, etc.). It's a condition for working with me >:[ ! (Cuz i don' wanna see some fellows complainin' and alegin' they made the script which we take as ours - or that we're using without permission...)