Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: preventing pbo decryption  (Read 3471 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:preventing pbo decryption
« Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2003, 00:57:17 »
lol  ;D you're right Chris Death, if BIS are happy with their stuff being open source .....
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2003, 23:46:46 »
 :) HERE's a good thread that shows what it means to be a community.
Lots of coorporation, exchange of ideas & knowledge - really positive stuff :toocool:

(spelling mod: that's EX-change, tomby, not change!!  ::) )

« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2003, 23:48:28 by Tomb »

Baphomet

« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2003, 00:02:06 »
I agree with Macguba. I have learned more from decrypting maps and reading .cpp files than anything else. It's the best way to really understand and get ideas on a technical level to put into your own missions. Also I've decrypted and modified plenty of SP maps to play multiplayer with my friends.

I personally don't see any problem with editing other people's work so long as you don't redistribute it. If anyone really had a problem with editing simply because they don't like the idea of them playing their mission the way they want to... well they can take their immaturity and stuff it up their wazoo.

Same goes for addonmakers who make crummy addons that look good and then force people to play with the addon in it's perpetual state of crappiness.

This is just my little opinion. Of course I'm all for maintaining the integrity of people's work in the sense that what they make should always recieve due credit. I do think that the OFP community's greatest asset is that it's an open one.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2003, 00:07:34 »

... well they can take their immaturity and stuff it up their wazoo.

Same goes for addonmakers who make crummy addons that look good and then force people to play with the addon in it's perpetual state of crappiness.

;D roflmao

Baphomet

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2003, 01:19:19 »
You don't know the pain I feel using an addon with an excellent model and a shoddily written cpp. It's cruel and unusual punishment. Good thing there aren't many of those around.  :P