Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger help.  (Read 738 times)

Baphomet

Trigger help.
« on: 20 Feb 2003, 23:42:31 »
I have missions somewhere that could probably tell me how to do these two things but I'm sick of decompiling missions at this point to refresh my memory. I'm just about done a mission I'm working on and I need two triggers. One that detects if a person named "hostage" is dead. If so make the mission a failure. Also I need a trigger that, when the same person named hostage enters the trigger radius makes the mission a success.

I know this a pathetically easy, even for me... still humor me this one time? Please?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Trigger help.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2003, 23:58:06 »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Baphomet

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2003, 01:06:04 »
Hm. Apparently I've done something wrong in the process of converting it to my specific needs. The goals are essentially reversed. In my case death is bad and escape is good... secondly I don't see how it'd work in my case since the unit intended to activate the trigger is a part of a group (however not a group leader), however only that unit should activate the trigger. As far as the escape zone the activation options are as follows: Any member, whole group, leader, vehicle. None of these really give me the ability to specify that particular unit.

I thought you could do that in the condition string... I forget how. I thought it was something like this=nameofunit, I guess I was wrong... some kind of reversed expression error.  :-\

For the death trigger I just added : (not (alive NameOfOfficer)) and set the type to: "Loose". So that takes care of half of it.

I guess. I'm going to have to open up some missions after all. Thanks for the help though.

EDIT

Nevermind. I got that bit too... Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2003, 01:52:55 by Baphomet »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2003, 01:30:07 »
Ah, yes, I see the problem.

Create a trigger over the escape zone.    Assuming your loon is West

activation box:   West present
type:   End#1  (or whatever)
condition:   specialguy in thislist

syntax not guaranteed.