Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Training Missions  (Read 1406 times)

WindsorTheater

Training Missions
« on: 14 Jan 2003, 19:01:17 »
Anyone out there want to make some training missions for the various complex and in depth portions of OFP?

- Sniper Training
- Heli Training
- Tank/Armour Training
- LAW/Rocket Training

By training I mean maps and objectives that are very easy and descriptive giving the user a grasp of what they're supposed to be doing in this huge 14x14km game.  

I'm not one for scripting - but a "training" mission pack would be a good thing to hand off to noobs and probably increase teh OFP fan base considerably...maybe I'll learn the scripting, but I figured something like this may already exist?

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re:Training Missions
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 03:32:43 »
the best training is practice

training missions are generally made to teach someone how to use something, but in ofp its pretty straightfoward.  unfortunately a lot of the concepts used in real life couldnt be put in ofp or had to be simplified because they are too complicated (for example the physics of a tank and how they cannot pull 180s)

i am making a sniper-training-mission-set-thing but i take forever to do stuff since i only work on missions when i feel like it.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2003, 03:42:08 by pablom123 »

Robbo

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2003, 05:05:54 »
I know Phantom was doing a pilot training campaign, but i'm not sure how completed it is.
Robbo

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2003, 12:32:06 »
hey if i were to do this i would make a fort say Fort Benning, GA (Home of the Infantry). this would be good for most of the training areas listed+alot more. but its just a thought

Foo

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2003, 16:01:00 »
IM making a series of sniper training missions to train my OFP clan....mail me at

thecolumbianbandanaconvention@hotmail.com

If your interested.

So far i've made:
-A 1km Sniper range(nogova)
-Concealment training(malden)
-A live mission...kinda a sniper arena, where my peeps actually play each other

And ive got more coming down the line....

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2003, 17:15:10 »
I saw a sniper training mission in the Avon Lady's MOM a while back, she rated it pretty highly.

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2003, 15:28:49 »
yeh, still doin the manual, just been REAL slow about it, almost finished, but i dunno if i'll finish it, i might just get it in the editing depot and then let other people finish it off