Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Splatterblood submission as resource  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
  • Vladimir Dmitri Mikhail Andreevich Stamenov
Splatterblood submission as resource
« on: 26 Sep 2014, 20:42:03 »
Alright, it's been a year and no criticisms on Splatterblood. I deem it worthy for submission as a resource, as I've discussed with savedbygrace. The .zip file is attached, it contains:

- 1 example mission
 - 6 .sqs files
 - 2 .sqf files
 - 2 tutorials that explain line-by-line how the resource works
 - 1 readme file

You won't need to use all the scripts, but they're there because mission makers may have different needs.
Snarling creature, lurking in the background, still writing in .sqs

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
Re: Splatterblood submission as resource
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2014, 13:48:13 »
I would appreciate a response please, guys. Is there anything else you need me to do?

Offline SoldierEPilot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2014, 10:59:09 »
Code: [Select]
If  ("drop command  masters" have nothing to say) then {sqf-scripter comes with suggestions};
1)
 It's  boring to test this system on unarmed captives.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Convention_(1929)

My suggestion:
-use more typical island like Everon or Kolgujev;
-create some barricades on the hill top;
-Use JAM3 loadouts for your team and for  inbound enemy forces

If ihe splattered blood will looks good on the green hill slope -->  it will looks
 good almost everywhere. IMO on medium range all OK.

2)
  During the CQB action I was surprised a bit with dark-red "hedgehogs")
  The paticles were splitted good enough and size distribution is well, but the form is strange.

I took PRIMER.pbo from CSLA mod as a template  and created  more flat particle in O2,  based on "koule.p3d".
  See unpbo'ed sample (a scary one, but I made it for 2 minutes and it's not the ready decision).
  How 2 use: _drop = drop ["\FLAT\particle.p3d", "", "SpaceObject", ...

PS
 "Chuck Norris frequently donates blood. Just never his own."

Offline Lone~Wolf

• Mission Tools & Mods
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2015, 21:26:33 »
Many thanks for your reply!

Yes, the example mission could be more complicated (and I have a more complicated one in reserve), but I thought I'd keep it to the point.

On the topic of custom sprites though, that's something I'm very specifically avoiding. The number one ideal I hold myself to as a flashpoint scripter (working exclusively with content creation for use in a multiplayer environment) is that no addons are used, because if no addons are needed then all the necessary resources can be automatically packaged with the mission that the client downloads from the host in the multiplayer lobby.
Now improving the appearance, efficiency and functionality without adding sprites: That would be awesome. Thank you for your efforts though in sprite creation.

As you rightly point out, the worst-looking bit of Splatterblood is drop effects that trigger when the unit is flying, but not flying fast enough to go kaboom. I would appreciate any ideas or help in how to improve that.

Something that I definitely need help with, though, is getting it to work for everyone in multiplayer. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental here about script execution, but I can never get it to work for anyone except the host. I have no idea what to do, as all the drop effects are contained within the script that is run on the EventHandler for every unit on the map. I don't know why the drop effects are only visible to the host, and I have no idea how to make them visible to everyone!

Offline SoldierEPilot

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2015, 10:09:18 »
Despite of I don't really like blood effects (of all authors), here are
2 more ideas from "not MP-compatible" scripter:

- place all stuff to one folder; 

((random (random (random _vel)))/2)
- don't believe u actually need triple random :blink:
   I think what double (or  maybe even single) randomization will be enough.