Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP]Resistance: The Invasion  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Re: [SP]Resistance: The Invasion
« Reply #15 on: 18 Feb 2015, 19:12:33 »
Well, I haven't been on Arma III for quite some time, not to mention that I've been sick with a really nasty virus infection for the past six days so it's gonna be a while till I get everything back and set up for designing :P.
One way or another I wont give up on this so easily as this is by far my best mission ever made, atleast for cinematics :D

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 22 Feb 2015, 09:35:11 »
Aight so I did a little review yesterday. I'm not sure where you are getting these errors from  :dunno:. The intro for me works just like it's supposed to and there are no errors. The only error I encountered was on the briefing screen, claiming that "Something is linked with a stationary object" or something like that and I've got no idea how to fix that. However, I must reduce the amount of enemy tanks and add some alternative ways of getting past the enemy, perhaps add some hidden vehicle and mark them as question marks on the map? I dunno.

EDIT: Oh, and voice acting, I've got to add voice acting!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #17 on: 22 Feb 2015, 14:13:17 »
"Something is linked with a stationary object" or something like that and I've got no idea how to fix that.
I believe that is fixed just by opening the mission in the editor and saving it.

While it's probably nice for BIS to have this 'live developing' the game may change quite a bit between versions so you can even have scripts not working because they suddenly decided to either remove a command you were using or alter the way it works..
So that error IIRC means that some object has been replaced or removed or something.

I'm not sure where you are getting these errors from
How do you launch the game?

If you just do a vanilla launch the game by default does not show script errors in-game (which is really dumb IMO, was this way back in A2 already). So either add -showScriptErrors as launch parameter (right-click game name -> Properties -> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS) or if using the launcher Parameters -> Advanced -> Author and tick 'show script errors'..

Also, the errors are stored in the .rpt file located in (where ever your windows user folder drive is, probably C)/Users/<pc user name>/AppData/Local/Arma 3
At least in Win7 the AppData folder is hidden by default so may not see such a folder in your user folder unless you change the folder options to show hidden files and folders...
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2015, 15:53:34 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2015, 11:59:22 »
Yeah, well, I don't use any parameters since I'd expect the average user not to see those errors if they are not actual pop ups or do not affect the gameplay in any way.
Anyhow, I wonder, maybe I should scratch this and make a campaign for ARMA 1 instead? I am kind of disappointed that the game is not given enough justice. It has a great island and a background story, the only thing it needs is a proper campaign. Do you think it would be worth it and would it get any audience?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #19 on: 28 Mar 2015, 08:46:21 »
Only a mad man would go from A3 to A1  :no:

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 01 Apr 2015, 13:49:39 »
Ah, well, this will be continued, but I also have gathered a team for a small ARMA I project too :P

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2015, 06:26:15 »
Why not make your work for Arma 2 or 3 with the RACS mod? Take advantage of the improved title?

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2015, 15:39:18 »
Well, I'd need Sahrani :/

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:38:27 »
Which has been conveniently ported into A3 at least once :P

And by All-in-Arma Terrain Pack which is required by that above island as well (which in itself also includes Sahrani)..

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 26 Sep 2015, 14:13:20 »
Hello, it's been a while.

Please do not archive or remove this. I will be working on this and will be providing with some updates soon enough. Thank you.

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 26 Nov 2016, 22:30:50 »
Hello there!

Hasn't it been a while? Sorry for such a long pause. I do intend on continuing this project, it's that it's gonna prove a little bit difficult as at the moment... I am actually serving in the Lithuanian military :D.

That's right. I am currently on a weekend holiday and I'm returning to my unit tommorow. However, as soon as I am able to return again, I'll start trying to put something together. I have reviewed all comments and suggestions again and pay close attention to them. It might take me some time to get accustomed to ARMA III again. I haven't touched Arma in general in ages.

Here's me in my gear. See you soon lads.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #26 on: 26 Nov 2016, 23:20:53 »
Here's me in my gear. See you soon lads.
What weapon is that btw?
Today's armies are a bit boring in the sense that they all look alike clothing wise :P

Oh, and glad to see some life on these desolate forums  :good:

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 27 Nov 2016, 08:39:00 »
It's Hekler and Koch G36KA4, specially made for Lithuanian armed force :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #28 on: 08 Jan 2017, 05:52:42 »
Looking good Rytuklis! Hope all goes well and you arrive home safely soon. No worries on the delay. We have all been derailed by life it seems.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jan 2017, 22:28:47 »
Cool pic.

Yeah, and don't worry, there's nothing going on here you could miss. :D :D Except sometimes. ;)
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)