Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP] Black Lands 1.2  (Read 16746 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [CAMP] Black Lands 1.1
« Reply #45 on: 23 Mar 2013, 21:44:49 »
Where did the mission stop working exactly? Didn't the man from the village lead you to the truck with the civilian corpses??

Yes, I saw the truck with the corpses, then the man told his wife to go home and afterwards my party patrolled the area around the massacre, without ever coming across a single enemy. I cannot say when I exactly became tired of it, but on top of that I let 10 minutes pass on 4x speed, and then the "Seek and destroy" routine timed out and they just stood around.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2013, 08:39:19 »
Ok, something absolutely weird is going on there... :(
The mission should work as follows:

- The woman comes to the car (The blue one, at Mission statt)
- The player goes to the village
- The man tells about corpses
- The group joins him and he starts leading them to the place
- After 10 meters he stops and sends his wife back home
- Then he leads the group to the truck
- A Dialog takes place at the truck with the corpses
- The man leaves the group
- The group's car (the blue one) is setpossed to the truck and the group members get back their weapons (only if You finished the last Mission properly resp. had weapons at mission start). Other thqn that the womans' husband disappears (he got back Home)
- The Player gets the task to search the area ( the area is marked on the map)
- When the Player gets to that area, the next cutscene appears

That's how it should work. The Player should definitely get the leadership back after arriving at the truck with the corpses... That wasn't the case, was it?
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: 24 Mar 2013, 11:59:01 »
You are right, the player never got his leadership back, though at this point, my squad still had its weapons.

Petrovka Strike

...is an impossible mission. There's about 20 seconds time before the convoy arrives - not enough to lay any charges, and about the same amount of time after the BTR is dead until a T72 arrives, making short work of my mission critical squadmates. At this point I am a bit sick and tired of that instant enemy reaction. Needs to be changed to have any enjoyment in the mission.

Resurrection and Back to Safety

These missions are more cinematic but anything else, but boy are they dramatic, the cinema and storytelling is just perfect. The "watching a movie" feeling that befell me in For the Life of a Friend is here again. Congratulations!

Campaign verdict

Some balancing problems that are frustrating, but easy to iron out. The rest is just awesome and a cut above any other ArmA2 campaign. I wish BIS would take note of that campaign and construct their ArmA3 one as engaging as yours.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 20:59:18 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: [CAMP] Black Lands 1.2
« Reply #48 on: 03 Jul 2014, 21:38:36 »
Ok, guys, while OFPEC was down, I published the next version of my campaign (version 1.2). Check the link in the first post.

PLEASE note that due to the downtime of this forum I could not check the names of the beta testers which really (!) helped me a lot! Thus I could not include them in the campaign credits. But you definitely will be included in the next version!

I'm working on a Arma 3 project right now but when it's finished, I definitely will come back to this campaign. I fell in love with it and nothing else I began working on, feels the same. ;) Well, enough emotions for now - just wanted to say that Black Lands is not dead. Only paused.

Thanks again for your help (@ all!).

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #49 on: 04 Aug 2014, 02:08:54 »
I was hoping I'd get a chance to play test this one again. I'm in the process of reviewing one currently and will get to this project asap. Thanks for sticking with us.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #50 on: 01 Sep 2014, 23:28:02 »
Hey, Undeceived, I am as far as Awakening with this version of this campaign. Playing it on 1.62 and I am not spotting any bugs yet. Great piece of art so far, as before!

In Starting to Inflame Again everything is great, until I am trying to escape from the shed with the newly-liberated prisoners. All the enemies converge on it, it's much harder than last time and simply impossible to solve --> endmission cheat.

Setting-up time is as impossibly though like the version I played last year. Stay tuned for feedback for other missions, but I am at a loss with this one again.  :dunno:

Martin's list appears to be bugged on this version.
What happens is that I disembark the bus at Novy Sobor, Kamil also gets out, I go to the church and place the dogtags. However, despite the briefing talking of "WE doing task X etc etc", nobody joins my squad.

So I head to the small ammo depot on my own, but during the process of killing the guards and equipping myself, Kamil always dies of unknown causes and the mission cannot be completed.

Martin's List II in contrast, works without problems. I like the boat insertion, plus reaching the hideout was very tense because of a well-placed patrol. Great stuff and no bugs.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2014, 19:12:40 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 07 Oct 2014, 19:56:49 »
I'm (at the moment) not working on BL, but, mathias, I'm reading your test and it's definitely highly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: 07 Oct 2014, 23:16:11 »
Hey undeceived,

is there a chance that you are working on it again some time in the future, or is it simply "too old and distant" to be unearthed and tackled with? I would not blame you, since I have been there myself. But if you won't touch it anymore, it is a waste of time write down beta testing notes here in your thread.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #53 on: 10 Oct 2014, 20:53:54 »
Ooh, you can be sure of one thing! I'll DEFINITELY come back to BL soon! :) This is my favorite baby. :)

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: 10 Oct 2014, 22:46:55 »
Fine, then time spent with BL is time well spent.  :good:

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #55 on: 10 Oct 2014, 23:38:47 »
I might add that sooner or later I'll try to port it to Arma 3. Do you play it, mathias?

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: 12 Oct 2014, 22:49:55 »
Yep, I play it, and honestly, I think Arma3 has got more potential. Just the usual years of spit and polish required.  :D

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: 14 Oct 2014, 20:52:47 »
Inner Abscess

Did work this time but I am caught in the open on a clearing, being engaged and smoked by multiple enemies. I lost patience for now and used the endmission cheat to see how the rest of the campaign would play out.

Alexej Pribotov

In this mission, I am lacking any weapons which I would need to enter the compound to find Alexej. Does this mean I have broken the campaign by using the cheat in the last mission?
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2014, 22:04:48 by mathias_eichinger »